Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gunsmoke blues - Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner, George "Harmonica" Smith
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 22, 2018 19:43

What a treasure this is.
True american blues!

During a production hiatus of the popular TV Show "Gunsmoke", the film crew decided to take off and film a barnstorming blues revue making it’s way across the country and they ended up in Eugene, OR with cameras rolling to film Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner and George "Harmonica" Smith as they performed in a music hall. Date: October 20, 1971.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Gunsmoke blues - Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner, George "Harmonica" Smith
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 22, 2018 19:55

WOW! Thanks for sharing... Can't watch it all right now as I'm at the office but the part I saw left me with just "WOW"... Added to my youtube watch later list QUICKLY. Thanks again for sharing the link

Peace,
Mr DJA

Re: Gunsmoke blues - Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner, George "Harmonica" Smith
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 23, 2018 16:33

Thanks, this looks great.
That's my evening's viewing sorted!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 24, 2018 16:04

Watched this again last night.
Great footage of the artists in the van.
Big Mama Thorton could really hold her own with all those guys!
Muddy looks like he saw a ghost, when he's sitting next to her.

This video is really a rare treat!

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: February 24, 2018 19:02

I watched it last night.

Thanks for posting the link.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 24, 2018 19:31

spikenyc
What a treasure this is.
True american blues!

During a production hiatus of the popular TV Show "Gunsmoke", the film crew decided to take off and film a barnstorming blues revue making it’s way across the country and they ended up in Eugene, OR with cameras rolling to film Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner and George "Harmonica" Smith as they performed in a music hall. Date: October 20, 1971.

[www.youtube.com]

That is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing... and MONSTER thanks to the Gunsmoke crew
for capturing this magic before it had a chance to drift up and evaporate in to the cosmos.

I wonder if anyone there was whining at the camera crew for filming... or
saying things like "You should just live in the moment, why ya gotta film it?"
or blathering crap like "the people filming ruined the whole show for me!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home