Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CD of the new DVD
Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: November 26, 2011 16:50

Has anyone notice the photos in the CD booklet that comes with the DVD/CD of the Ft. Worth show? All the photos are from the'75 tour...anyone remember that great piece of writing that accompanied the Rarities CD? The wonderful editing of Live Licks? Do not get me wrong. I love what is going on. CDs DVDs opening the Vaults...just why the sloppiness? The only thing that it could be is that at first it was to be a DVD only. I notice the DVD/CD was a last minute pop up on Amazon. Guess they knew someone would rip the DVD in a CD-R. Still...

Re: CD of the new DVD
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 26, 2011 16:56

Yes, I looked at it and after recalling that I bought a "Tour Guide" at this 78 FW show, I realized it is pretty much a duplicate of it. Thats why there are pics from 75 as there would have been no advance pics from the 78 tour to make it from. Of course nowadays as fast as things can be printed,well who knows but this WAS 1978. Most homes didnt even have a vcr yet!!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 26, 2011 17:00

Yes, but it was a good idea that they released a CD as well. They should have done that with L&G too, which would have prevented DAC from releasing the soundtrack...

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: November 26, 2011 17:08

Scottkeef! That explains it. Thanks! I do feel better. At least they are sharing the experience.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 26, 2011 17:12

scottkeef
well who knows but this WAS 1978. Most homes didnt even have a vcr yet!!

Yes. Hardly ANYBODY had any kind of home video then, unless you were Bob Crane...

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: November 26, 2011 17:14

Good pick-up scottkeef---I was chuckling about that the other night, it is like 'do they even look at this stuff before it goes out?' lol

That said, love that they released the cd, as far as I am concerned that and Brussels are the 2 jewels of this recent orgy of new releases. Also the quality of the video is way higher than what I would have expected which is great.

Date: November 26, 2011 19:33

It's as authentic as it can be seeing that it's 2011 and not 1979 when this probably would've come out as a live album.

They could have put 1978 tour pictures in it. But it makes sense that it's 1975 tour photos to me though.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 26, 2011 19:50

scottkeef
Yes, I looked at it and after recalling that I bought a "Tour Guide" at this 78 FW show, I realized it is pretty much a duplicate of it. Thats why there are pics from 75 as there would have been no advance pics from the 78 tour to make it from. Of course nowadays as fast as things can be printed,well who knows but this WAS 1978. Most homes didnt even have a vcr yet!!

So true...I remember recording the Paris '76 show, 50 minutes of which was broadcast on the BBC - Old Grey Whistle Test 20.9.1977 with an old cassette recorder with the microphone propped up in front of the TV speaker...............

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 26, 2011 20:00

Haha, yeah I used to do that too! I recorded the Stones and Patti Smith on SNL that way and alot of acts on The Midnight Special. One of the coolest things that happened stateside during the early-mid 70s was the FM simulcast for ABC's(I think) "In Concert' series. My dad had just bought a new Magnavox console stereo with a built in cassette deck..pretty far out for the times.Finally had some great stereo recordings of alot of bands.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1965
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home