Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

something for free from the Rolling Stones
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 17, 2018 20:00

[twitter.com]

I won't take part since I boycott facebook…

(if you manage to get two of those gifts, rememeber that you got the link from me)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 20:01 by slewan.

Re: something for free from the Rolling Stones
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 17, 2018 20:18

Opening date for entries is 17/02/2018.

Closing date for all entries is 25/02/2018.

Winners will be notified on the day of the draw 26/02/2018 through facebook messenger

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: February 17, 2018 23:53

wooo boy, that's a relief. i thought it was gonna be a free kick in the balls courtesy of mick, dedicated to all the people who complain that when the rolling stones play a show, they play rolling stones songs. not just rolling stones songs but their biggest hits!! also known as songs unparalleled in rock n roll history.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 17, 2018 23:58

i thought it was the shaft... grinning smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 18, 2018 09:05

what is it? I wouldnt open a facebook book if... if nothing.

facebook is a crock. always has been... wish the stones would not embrace it in any way.

It will be a better world when facebook and zuckerface go the way of myspace... and I hear it is headed that way.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 18, 2018 10:23

It was originally MySpace the Sheeple ran from to go to Facebook. I never signed up thinking, what the hell is this High School again? It is in a way with it's cliques and pushing a "like this comment" thumbs up button.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-18 10:49 by nick.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 18, 2018 11:16

Free, ouf! They'll have to eat pasta after that to save they bank accounts!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 18, 2018 11:16

Facebook is what you make it....it can be as superficial or deep as you want it to be. If you are interested in politics or social causes, it is a great way to network and make the world smaller.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: February 18, 2018 11:52

I am still waiting for my free fan club DVD from 2005!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 18, 2018 11:53

little queenie
Facebook is what you make it....it can be as superficial or deep as you want it to be. If you are interested in politics or social causes, it is a great way to network and make the world smaller.

Indeed. There's large a variety of topics to check out - music pages, art pages, sports pages, history pages, news pages, political pages, funny pages, weather pages, etc, etc., etc. you name it and it's probably there.
I stumbled upon an Appalachian hillbilly cooking page, and some dude from the backwoods in the middle of nowhere Kentucky posted some recipes for squirrels and raccoons!!! eye popping smiley smiling smiley
Small world indeed, not to mention the live feeds from concerts around the world including the Stones! Plus, it's a great way to stay connected with friends and family - I'm connected with several people on this site, along with friends from my past, and distant relatives who I might not have any contact with otherwise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-18 11:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 18, 2018 12:21

Valeswood
I am still waiting for my free fan club DVD from 2005!

I forgot about that --- and I paid $100/year at least through 2009 or 2010 to keep my "legacy" status with the hopes of getting first dibs on club shows -- ha

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 18, 2018 15:41

I don't know what the-rolling-stones.lnk.to/BotCompTW#Comp means, but when I clicked it, instantaneously I was logged into facebook and shoved into my messages...I was not only NOT logged in prior to that, I had cleared my cookies so that Facebook specifically could not follow me anywhere or pull shenanigans like that. Not cool. And seriously. Do they think their fans are 8 years old -- nervously eager to win a leftover t-shirt?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 19, 2018 03:53

swiss
I don't know what the-rolling-stones.lnk.to/BotCompTW#Comp means, but when I clicked it, instantaneously I was logged into facebook and shoved into my messages...I was not only NOT logged in prior to that, I had cleared my cookies so that Facebook specifically could not follow me anywhere or pull shenanigans like that. Not cool. And seriously. Do they think their fans are 8 years old -- nervously eager to win a leftover t-shirt?

lol... funny video and on point!

Not to mention there are plenty of copies of Ride Em On Down vinyl available online, there is no need to trade one's private life details for (the trillion to one odds of wining) it... [www.ebay.com]

But to your main point... THAT is not cool and THAT is exactly why facebork sucks!

It seems Facborks entire purpose is to track people and then marketing good and services to them... as they offer trinkets and otehr crap like promises of streaming video, free records and Tshirts to lure people in.

I understand some simpleminded folks enjoy munching on bbq squirrel and raccoons while posting their whole life online as they hope someone from their past finds them... but the facts of the matter is facebork is a tracking/dissecting/sorting/pigeon holing/marketing machine where so many people happily give away every detail about them self.

Way back when... some people used to be concerned with increasing spying and intrusion things... but it turns out that there is no reason for anyone to spy and eavesdrop when so many people happily tell everything about them self on facebork.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 03:57 by Leonioid.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 19, 2018 11:18

slewan
[twitter.com]

I won't take part since I boycott facebook…

(if you manage to get two of those gifts, rememeber that you got the link from me)

Thing is - you will never receive them.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 19, 2018 12:24

swiss

That's odd, but the fact that the Stones are sponsoring this, and the link is on their official Twitter page, maybe you were logged into Twitter which might be affiliated with facebook?

But back to little queenie's comment that facebook is what you make of it. While there are many who choose to share their entire life, for many like myself it's more of a massive library of information. There's privacy settings where you can choose what you want to be seen, and unless you're actually connected with someone, none of your info is publicly visible if thats what you choose. Even with people you are connected with, you can stay as low key as you want. To make an account, all they ask for is a name, an email address, and I think a birthday - it's not like they ask for your social security number. But of course there will be some paranoid conspiracy theorists who think facebook is a sign of the anti-christ and the end of the world, and every man, woman, and child is doomed who have a facebook account! While facebook can be a useful social tool for some, and it is what you choose to make of it, it's clearly not for everybody.

Meanwhile, for those who do have an account and are connected with bv, he's been posting occasional updates on the tour (as he does here), and many people are adding input to his posts with lots of related info. And then there's IORR member Matt Lee whose in the process of organizing his massive collection of Stones memorabilia - lots of cool stuff to see! Not to mention the multiple Stones pages with seemingly more Stones fans than there are people in the world!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 12:27 by Hairball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home