Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Amber Keys. Bobby's daughter needs help
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 17, 2018 06:00

what does everybody make of this? Sounds sad.

[www.gofundme.com]

Re: Amber Keys. Bobby's daughter needs help
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 17, 2018 06:12

Did she have a close relationship with her father? Sounds like she somehow is being pushed out from any knowledge.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 17, 2018 07:22

She says that she's been shut out of any aspect. There has got to be a hell of a lot more to this than what is listed there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 09:38 by nick.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 17, 2018 09:10

She says she doesn't know where his remains are, but he is reportedly buried in TN:
[www.findagrave.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 17, 2018 09:41

I'd handle this one very gingerly.

Edited to add: The appeal was created back in December, with no donations; there seems no reason to think Bobby was buried anywhere but Franklin, where he lived, as reported; even the photograph is iffy (look at the two hands on his right shoulder); etc. May be legit, but be very careful.

Second edit: She had a previous appeal that raised $210, and is now trying again having added the part about "a heinous crime called "Undue Influence" and "Relationship Poisoning.""

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 09:50 by Aquamarine.

Date: February 17, 2018 09:54

[www.gofundme.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 09:56 by nick.

Date: February 17, 2018 10:38

nick
[www.gofundme.com]

Yes, that was the previous appeal I was referring to.

Date: February 17, 2018 23:19

Aquamarine

Edited to add: The appeal was created back in December, with no donations; there seems no reason to think Bobby was buried anywhere but Franklin, where he lived, as reported; even the photograph is iffy (look at the two hands on his right shoulder); etc. May be legit, but be very careful.

Second edit: She had a previous appeal that raised $210, and is now trying again having added the part about "a heinous crime called "Undue Influence" and "Relationship Poisoning.""

I think the hands on the shoulder are legit -- his wife (I assume that's her) could be putting her right arm around him too).

However, in that "Searching for Bobby Keys" post, there is a lot of poor grammar and odd verbiage in one of her comments at the bottom of page which makes me think twice. For example, she writes "...On this blasted thing they call, "Gofundme." That non of it really matters, I'm not to listen to the nay-sayers and the mad hatters." Americans don't say "blasted" or "mad hatters." And she is disparaging GoFundMe but using it? Just odd. When I see odd capitalization and punctuation on dating sites, I know it's a fake profile.

Date: February 17, 2018 23:44

little queenie
Aquamarine

I think the hands on the shoulder are legit -- his wife (I assume that's her) could be putting her right arm around him too).

However, in that "Searching for Bobby Keys" post, there is a lot of poor grammar and odd verbiage in one of her comments at the bottom of page which makes me think twice. For example, she writes "...On this blasted thing they call, "Gofundme." That non of it really matters, I'm not to listen to the nay-sayers and the mad hatters." Americans don't say "blasted" or "mad hatters." And she is disparaging GoFundMe but using it? Just odd. When I see odd capitalization and punctuation on dating sites, I know it's a fake profile.

I noticed that too.

There are red flags all over this one.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 18, 2018 00:41

Yes the whole thing seems hard to believe.

Date: February 18, 2018 03:13

Maybe but...

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 18, 2018 03:50

All around creepy situation no matter what the true story is.
What would good old Bobby think?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 18, 2018 03:52

Sad.
She seems very troubled.

Remember reading an article shortly after Bobby's death where she mentioned Keith reaching out and helping her in some way. Can't remember where, but as she is Bobby's only daughter, I believe, it must have been about her.

Hope she is able to find peace.

Date: February 18, 2018 05:31

nick
Maybe but...

[www.facebook.com]

yikes! i have some FB friends in common with her too! one appears to have donated to her.....a little bad grammar but referencing her "mum" (another non-American term). but what strikes me here is the amount of products for sale. if it is a scam, it is a very unusual angle. there are fake profiles for all the stones out there but faking a sideman's offspring is a reach.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 18, 2018 06:29

The Rolling Stones and Jane Rose (Keith Richards’ long time manager) have furnished The New York Times
as well as several other publications with false and fraudulent information regarding my father’s marriage status.

I make daily attempts to contact the Rolling Stones’ office, Jane Rose’s office
and several other band members all of whom have known me my entire life regarding the circumstances of my father’s death
and why I was deliberately left out of the loop as to his final whereabouts and the days leading up to his death.
I have not received any response as of this writing.

I have mixed emotions when I compared
"In Memory of Stu we are delighted that the 'Mending Broken Hearts Appeal' will receive a donation from the sale of this CD"
on Boogie 4 Stu to the above.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 18, 2018 07:09

I don't think family matters should be taken to the public in social media. If this is a legit case, she would have no problem contacting Jesse Keys, Bobby Keys son, her brother. I have met Jesse several times on tour, he used to be assisting Bobby, and he is still with the Rolling Stones merchandising on tours.

Bjornulf

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 18, 2018 16:00

Seems vulgar to speculate or judge. Especially when 99.5% of us have no idea what is actually going on, or went on. And any 0.5% who might have an idea of their affairs will certainly not blab about it here.

Family dynamics are complicated.
Family dynamics around death are often more so.
And family dynamics around death, in fractured families, particularly when the death is of a public figure, are even more complicated, fraught, and unfortunate.

As to the 2nd gofundme potentialy not being legit, perhaps caveat emptor...as always.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home