Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Signed Stones "50" book
Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 15, 2018 16:59

I have recently acquired this beautiful fully signed "50" book from a fellow IORR member. The band signed just 20 copies of this for a Daily Mirror competition back in 2012. I believe Daily Mirror was a media partner of that book and had some of Stones photos from their archives to be used.

Does anyone else own a copy of this beauty? What do you believe is a market value of this book?

Re: Signed Stones "50" book
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 16, 2018 17:21

Nice. The book could be "worth" some 100 bucks now. But it could be difficult to find a buyer for $600 or so IMHO. The reason is simply that they wrote 10.000s, if not 100.000s of autographs during the last 56 years. There are many on the market (including lots of fakes). Don't overestimate the value.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: February 16, 2018 18:28

That’s right Monsoon. The Rolling Stones are among the most famous people on the planet, but because of that they have also signed more items than most – over a period for over 50 years. Their signatures are everywhere. Autographs of living people are not that valuable, whether it’s Mick Jagger, Barack Obama or Lionel Messi. Autographs of deceased celebrities, however, are much more worth, especially if they died while they we’re still young and famous (like JFK or Jimi Hendrix). A Beatles item signed by John Lennon is normally worth a fortune compared with something signed by Paul McCartney. If you have some Stones related item in great condition signed by Brian Jones, or by all five original members including Brian Jones, you’ll have something that might be worth a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 18:29 by The Worst..

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 16, 2018 18:32

I could never work on Charlie Watts signature. Definitely a strange one that.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 16, 2018 19:00

Silver Dagger
I could never work on Charlie Watts signature. Definitely a strange one that.

Seriously...
I have never even been able to decipher the letters being in the correct order?!
At one point I was convinced its always upside down confused smiley

wickerman,
Don't worry about the value...cherish it and just enjoy it!

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 16, 2018 21:33

Charlie's graph is "Love, CB (Charlie Boy)". spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1242
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home