Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OTT Viagogo and Lady Gaga refund
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 3, 2018 22:09

I was just wondering what experiences people have had with Viagogo.Last night I purchased a ticket from them for the Lady Gaga gig at Manchester.And of course this morning it was announced she was cancelling this date and the rest of the European tour.Viagogo contacted me and said the gig has been postponed and the ticket would still be valid for a future gig and that I would not be entitled to a refund.Thoughts and advice please.

Re: OTT Viagogo and Lady Gaga refund
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 3, 2018 22:39

stargroover
I was just wondering what experiences people have had with Viagogo.Last night I purchased a ticket from them for the Lady Gaga gig at Manchester.And of course this morning it was announced she was cancelling this date and the rest of the European tour.Viagogo contacted me and said the gig has been postponed and the ticket would still be valid for a future gig and that I would not be entitled to a refund.Thoughts and advice please.

a bit of advice: never ever buy (overpriced) tickets on a secondary market

Posted by: glen ()
Date: February 3, 2018 22:52

I don't think that's right as the gig has been cancelled not postponed.

You should get a full refund from Viagogo (less any charges in their small print) and the original owner gets a refund from Ticketmaster, AXS, etc.

For postponed gigs, the tickets are yours even if you cant make the rearranged date. Good old Viagogo will let you sell them on again though.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 3, 2018 23:03

In many years of reading music and travel sites the name Viagogo has come up frequently, always with the warning never to use them because they steal people's money. Good luck getting anything back.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 3, 2018 23:21

Rokyfan
In many years of reading music and travel sites the name Viagogo has come up frequently, always with the warning never to use them because they steal people's money. Good luck getting anything back.

Indeed. I think you're going to have a hell of a fight stargroover, to get Viagogo to do the right thing, which is to refund you in full. Good luck

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 4, 2018 00:26

stargroover

Well, first advice: Don´t buy tickets at Seatwave or Viagogo.thumbs down

If you had bought them via Ticketmaster, they
would still be valid for the postponed gig OR
you could return the tickets to them if the
date wouldn´t please you.

Good luck.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 4, 2018 01:15

Don't expect a refund from a criminal organisation.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 4, 2018 01:29

stargroover

I have absolutely no experience with Viagogo but show them proof the show was cancelled, and next step go to your credit card company with the same information.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 4, 2018 02:10

CaptainCorella
Don't expect a refund from a criminal organisation.

Precisely, not unless you threaten them with legal action, you and literally dozens of other disgruntled customers that they're trying to rip off !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: February 4, 2018 09:54

Thanks to everybody for your thoughts and advice.

I hate these ticket touting companies , the whole system is corrupt.However having said that I have used them in the past to get a last minute ticket without any problems.
Previously I purchased a ticket for Kiss at the Manchester Arena,and Viagogo refunded me the full amount after the gig was cancelled.The issue here is that the Gagga gig has been officially cancelled by her and the promoters,yet Viagogo are saying it has been postponed.
I will speak with my card company and try and get the transaction cancelled .

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 4, 2018 13:05

Best of luck.

As somebody mentioned credit card is the way to go, as long as it's over £100
( should probably be no problem there )

Please tell us how you get on.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: February 4, 2018 14:14

It's hard refund ticket, friend.
contact help center from the home page of viagogo
Sici

Date: February 6, 2018 08:12

Just got an e mail from Viagogo and they are now acknowledging the gig has been cancelled ,and they will issue full refund.Thanks for advice/support.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 6, 2018 08:45

stargroover
Just got an e mail from Viagogo and they are now acknowledging the gig has been cancelled ,and they will issue full refund.Thanks for advice/support.

thumbs up

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: February 6, 2018 12:10

I bought 2 No Filter-Pit tickets for Spielberg last year at Viagogo and had a very bad experience as well.

I didn't receive the tickets and Viagogo was ignoring my question for a refund as they called themselves not competent for that problem.

So I asked my legal protection insurance for their assistance and within 10 days I had my money back. But without that insurance I maybe would have lost my money.

like others pointed out - NEVER buy tickets on Viagogo.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 6, 2018 23:39

Sometimes it just takes a bit of waiting time, stargroover, to get these places to switch from claiming postponement to acknowledging cancellation of a show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: February 7, 2018 23:44

question here. why and how do viagogo get these tickets and from who, if they are getting them from ticketmaster, isnt that proof of a major touting scam.

i remember several times stones tickets went on sale from ticket master and within minutes they sold out and appeared on masse on viagogo at inflated prices.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 8, 2018 00:10

Serious advice: what are you doing buying tickets for lady gaga???

Date: February 8, 2018 03:15

buttons67
question here. why and how do viagogo get these tickets and from who, if they are getting them from ticketmaster, isnt that proof of a major touting scam.

i remember several times stones tickets went on sale from ticket master and within minutes they sold out and appeared on masse on viagogo at inflated prices.

If it's anything like Stubhub or Vivid or any of the U.S. sites, Viagogo doesn't actually own the tickets, they are listed there by independent sellers & brokers and people who just can't make the show.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 8, 2018 03:31

Dan
buttons67

If it's anything like Stubhub or Vivid or any of the U.S. sites, Viagogo doesn't actually own the tickets, they are listed there by independent sellers & brokers and people who just can't make the show.

I recall they were in cahoots with Desert Trip somehow - when tickets supposedly "sold out" on the official Desert Trip website, there was a direct link to Viagogo which is the first time I ever heard of them.

Date: February 8, 2018 03:52

Hairball
Dan
buttons67

I recall they were in cahoots with Desert Trip somehow - when tickets supposedly "sold out" on the official Desert Trip website, there was a direct link to Viagogo which is the first time I ever heard of them.

Which is weird because Stubhub and Axs (owned by AEG/Goldenvoice)have a close relationship.

What I speculate happened is this, they shifted a lot of tickets into the secondary but when prices came down in line with primary pricing, they moved the tickets back into primary completely destroying the secondary market, and then possibly dumped some more into the secondary at reduced prices.

I never had any issue with the secondary market as for years this was my main way of attending concerts. When $50 was too much (remmeber those days?) I could often pick them up for $20.

But Viagogo's shady practices were obvious when I was looking at Desert Trip tix on their site and lines would slash thru tickets as sold making it seem like tickets were selling out.

And it's mainly Viagogo's handling of Ed Sheeran tickets that have led to new Adwords rules blowing it for smaller sellers who just want to make a bit of beer money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-08 03:53 by Dan.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 8, 2018 04:11

Dan
Hairball
Dan
buttons67

Which is weird because Stubhub and Axs (owned by AEG/Goldenvoice)have a close relationship.

What I speculate happened is this, they shifted a lot of tickets into the secondary but when prices came down in line with primary pricing, they moved the tickets back into primary completely destroying the secondary market, and then possibly dumped some more into the secondary at reduced prices.

I never had any issue with the secondary market as for years this was my main way of attending concerts. When $50 was too much (remmeber those days?) I could often pick them up for $20.

But Viagogo's shady practices were obvious when I was looking at Desert Trip tix on their site and lines would slash thru tickets as sold making it seem like tickets were selling out.

And it's mainly Viagogo's handling of Ed Sheeran tickets that have led to new Adwords rules blowing it for smaller sellers who just want to make a bit of beer money.

About a month prior to Desert Trip, I received an email from Costco offering discounted tickets for Desert Trip which seemed odd...since when does Costco sell concert tickets? lol.
As we know now, prices kept dropping...and dropping...and dropping on stubhub...they were almost giving them away for wkd. II!
I picked up a three day pit pass via stubhub for apprx. $350 (or maybe a bit more) a few days prior - original face was around $1500?

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: February 8, 2018 10:51

silkcut1978_

I bought 2 No Filter-Pit tickets for Spielberg last year at Viagogo and had a very bad experience as well.

I didn't receive the tickets and Viagogo was ignoring my question for a refund as they called themselves not competent for that problem.

So I asked my legal protection insurance for their assistance and within 10 days I had my money back. But without that insurance I maybe would have lost my money.

like others pointed out - NEVER buy tickets on Viagogo.

I bought my tickets to Lucca last year on Viagogo more than a month before show date, the tickets arrived less than 2 weeks prior to the show, I had been messaging them for weeks trying to work out when they would arrive as I needed them prior to my international flights and they were horrible to deal with, telling me all sorts of contradicting explanations. I'd never purchase tickets with them again.

It's disappointing to read how Desert Trip was scalped to such a high degree. I was one of the people who wanted to go but when tickets were supposedly sold out the day of going on sale, I wasn't prepared to buy such expensive tickets on the secondary market. By the time the prices began to fall it was going to be too expensive to sort out international flights and hotels.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home