Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Please all IORR Facebookers out there!
Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: January 20, 2018 13:15

I've started a campaign in the hope it will get noticed by someone in the Stones camp, can you please like, follow and share my page so we can get noticed. Release a 50th Anniversary Edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Re: Please all IORR Facebookers out there!
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 20, 2018 13:22

? What a nonsense. I think there already was a deluxe edition not very long ago. What else do you expect. They're not U2.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 20, 2018 13:38

There's no point in asking the Stones to open their vaults as the recordings belong to ABKCO and the footage belongs to the Maysles Brothers estate.
There was a 40th anniversary box set released in 2009.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 20, 2018 13:55

For some strange reason I have missed this one.

Just looked on Amazon UK and coming up around £133 is this about the right figure?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 20, 2018 15:13

odean73

Just looked on Amazon UK and coming up around £133 is this about the right figure?

That's probably the Super Deluxe with the vinyl albums included.
The CD only version is available for less.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 20, 2018 15:34

Deltics
odean73

That's probably the Super Deluxe with the vinyl albums included.
The CD only version is available for less.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Thanks for the link.

Date: January 20, 2018 18:15

Why do we need this? It would be the same thing again with a '50' on the front.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 20, 2018 22:48

Perhaps could throw in a few numbers only played here and there on the tour, assuming that there were a few and that they were recorded.

plexi

Date: January 20, 2018 23:07

I even prefer the original MSG tracks. Once you know the Yaya's overdubs somehow the fun has gone.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 21, 2018 00:17

It's a shame that River Deep, Mountain High was not included. I believe they sang that one at the LA Forum.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 21, 2018 01:10

I am with you Nasty Habits I would take a 50th Anniversary box set with all three MSG and to be greedy throw in Baltimore from the multitracks with no overdubs.

I know the challenge with ABKCO owning the rights but I have learned to never say never as I finally got some of my Holy Grails in the last 10 years, I had always wanted but never thought I would see in my lifetime, with the complete Allman Brothers Fillmore concerts, Humble Pie Fillmore Concerts and Deep Purple Made in Japan concerts so it never hurts to dream.

Is there any reason ABKCO could not release such a box set? I thought I read on this forum that the reason the 40th Ann. Box set was not offered with the tracks in the correct concert setlist running order was some legal issue with changing the original release?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 01:21 by oldschool.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: January 21, 2018 01:49

1. Could it be done like a Totally Stripped Deluxe?
2. Maybe it's time for an Abkco "From the Vaults"?

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: January 21, 2018 02:50

oldschool
I am with you Nasty Habits I would take a 50th Anniversary box set with all three MSG and to be greedy throw in Baltimore from the multitracks with no overdubs.

I know the challenge with ABKCO owning the rights but I have learned to never say never as I finally got some of my Holy Grails in the last 10 years, I had always wanted but never thought I would see in my lifetime, with the complete Allman Brothers Fillmore concerts, Humble Pie Fillmore Concerts and Deep Purple Made in Japan concerts so it never hurts to dream.

Is there any reason ABKCO could not release such a box set? I thought I read on this forum that the reason the 40th Ann. Box set was not offered with the tracks in the correct concert setlist running order was some legal issue with changing the original release?

The contract with Abkco does not allow for changing the running order of the albums so the extra tracks from their show had to be included on another disc. It would be the same way with the deluxe editions of the Abkco studio albums. Bonus tracks would have to be released on a second disc.

Date: January 21, 2018 17:36

oldschool
I am with you Nasty Habits I would take a 50th Anniversary box set with all three MSG and to be greedy throw in Baltimore from the multitracks with no overdubs

At last somebody that gets what I mean. Just a shame so many of you are so cynical and not getting the point. I don’t want another rehash of ya-ya’s I want a completely new from the vaults release without overdubs.

Sure the original 10 track album could be included but I would like a second or third disc of a complete show or two in their raw form.

As for a bonus disc of footage the 2009 release proved that anything is possible. If the demand is highlighted enough and someone thinks they can make money out of it then I’m sure it could be a possibility. Oakland and Detroit could also be contenders as well as MSG and Baltimore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 17:38 by Nasty Habits.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 21, 2018 18:01

Nasty Habits
oldschool
I am with you Nasty Habits I would take a 50th Anniversary box set with all three MSG and to be greedy throw in Baltimore from the multitracks with no overdubs

At last somebody that gets what I mean. Just a shame so many of you are so cynical and not getting the point. I don’t want another rehash of ya-ya’s I want a completely new from the vaults release without overdubs.

Sure the original 10 track album could be included but I would like a second or third disc of a complete show or two in their raw form.

As for a bonus disc of footage the 2009 release proved that anything is possible. If the demand is highlighted enough and someone thinks they can make money out of it then I’m sure it could be a possibility. Oakland and Detroit could also be contenders as well as MSG and Baltimore.

You didn't express it like that. A nice dream, but: dream on.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 21, 2018 18:17

Why ruin Ya Yas? It is what it is. I got the SACD version and was shocked that it didn't have the sonic upgrade the other ABKCO SACDs did.

Date: January 21, 2018 18:20

Monsoon Ragoon
You didn't express it like that. A nice dream, but: dream on.

Had you of followed the link to the Facebook page that I’ve set up, before calling me a “nonsense” on 2 different threads then you would of realised what I was getting at.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 18:26 by Nasty Habits.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: January 21, 2018 20:03

Then instead of 2 threads in IORR and a Facebook page, why don't you contact Abkco themselves and ask them if this could be done. When you do contact them be ready to follow it up because you know they will automatically give you a generic reason for not doing it. Most likely being "We already gave you everything in the 40th Anniversary release". Make them explain to you why they can't/won't do it. It will save you from wasting your time and bandwidth defending your posts here. Who knows maybe their answer will be positive or maybe they will give you the low down on what would be involved in accomplishing what you want to see. Making a Facebook page is a waste of time and you wouldn't even know if they saw it or even cared about it. Posting here is like preaching to the choir, you are not the first one to bring this topic up.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 21, 2018 20:52

Nasty Habits
I've started a campaign in the hope it will get noticed by someone in the Stones camp, can you please like, follow and share my page so we can get noticed. Release a 50th Anniversary Edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

Too funny! I just discovered your page yesterday and left a comment. What I think would be nice is this: For the 40th ann. edition, they gave us bonus material of the opening acts. I'm not really too interested in the opening acts even though they were good. Give us all bonus material of Stones performances from the 1969 tour!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: January 22, 2018 09:56

nick
Then instead of 2 threads in IORR and a Facebook page, why don't you contact Abkco themselves and ask them if this could be done. When you do contact them be ready to follow it up because you know they will automatically give you a generic reason for not doing it. Most likely being "We already gave you everything in the 40th Anniversary release". Make them explain to you why they can't/won't do it. It will save you from wasting your time and bandwidth defending your posts here. Who knows maybe their answer will be positive or maybe they will give you the low down on what would be involved in accomplishing what you want to see. Making a Facebook page is a waste of time and you wouldn't even know if they saw it or even cared about it. Posting here is like preaching to the choir, you are not the first one to bring this topic up.

Yeah I here what your saying about contacting Abkco but I think they’re more likely to listen if they realise they’re is a huge movement behind this rather than just one person asking for a new release. It really doesn’t take much for anyone to follow and like a Facebook page.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: January 22, 2018 10:24

I loved the 40th anniversary edition, both B.B. King and Ike & Tina Turner's sets are absolutely fantastic and really add to the concert experience. I think they clearly put some effort into the box set, and I have no complaints with the product.

However, I think an additional archive release would be an essential release if they could secure the video footage of an entire Madison Square Garden for a DVD/Bluray set (even better if it could be a multiple show release like the Totally Stripped deluxe set).

Date: January 22, 2018 11:58

Nasty Habits
oldschool

I get it now Nasty Habits. It wasn't clear to me from your 1st post.

Date: January 22, 2018 12:07

HonkeyTonkFlash
Nasty Habits

Too funny! I just discovered your page yesterday and left a comment. What I think would be nice is this: For the 40th ann. edition, they gave us bonus material of the opening acts. I'm not really too interested in the opening acts even though they were good. Give us all bonus material of Stones performances from the 1969 tour!

They also gave us the rest of the set, and I suspect the videos were different versions to those on the bonus-cd? It sure sounded that way with Prodigal Son, for instance (hopelessly out of tune, and Keith had to stop it eventually).

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 22, 2018 14:07

24FPS
Why ruin Ya Yas? It is what it is. I got the SACD version and was shocked that it didn't have the sonic upgrade the other ABKCO SACDs did.

How does releasing the individual complete shows ruin YaYa's?

It did not ruin The Allman Brothers and Humble Pie original Fillmore or Deep Purple Japan releases when they released the full shows but offered hardcore fans another option. There will be casual fans who are happy with the originals while hardcore's get to hear the complete shows.

Something for everyone IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-22 16:14 by oldschool.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 23, 2018 07:33

Nasty Habits

Okay

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home