Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The Rolling Stones band meeting in January?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 5, 2018 04:36

I Wonder if they will hold an official band meeting this month (as they often do at the start of each year)?

Most of the time the group meets in early January to discuss business and any 'possible' plans for the year that is to follow.

I'd hope they make it brief and fairly informal this time with a focus on the album .... and then simply start back work on the album.

I'd say the album is top priority now .. I mean.. it's been on the table for three years lol.. and now is a nice open time frame for them to hunker down on it. Time to at least finally put most of it together by Spring so a fall release would be very easy to make happen. (Ima jus hoping that is more over the case with their doings bout now).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 21:12 by bv.

Re: I Wonder if they will hold an official band meeting this month (as they often do at the start of each year)?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 5, 2018 05:01

Lots of info regarding progress (or lack thereof) of new album in this thread - 116 pages worth > New album winking smiley
Hopefully they will have a meeting this month!

Re: I Wonder if they will hold an official band meeting this month (as they often do at the start of each year)?
Date: January 5, 2018 05:15

Hairball
Lots of info regarding progress (or lack thereof) of new album in this thread - 116 pages worth > New album winking smiley
Hopefully they will have a meeting this month!

Mick actually mentioned a month and a half ago that they had in fact done ...'lots of work on it' ...thus far BUT that there is still a ways to go .. ..

Keith maintains the album is a work in progress ... currently in progress ('slowly putting it together' as he mentioned yet once again).

Date: January 5, 2018 05:33

Happy New Year Ian. thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 5, 2018 05:48

Keith is busy shoveling snow on his driveway in Connecticut.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: January 5, 2018 07:26

Album or tour? You only get one and then it’s over. Which would you choose?

Date: January 5, 2018 07:32

Hairball
Happy New Year Ian. thumbs up

There's my cat .. Happy New Year to you as well... Sa!

Look forward to your insight and commentary in 2018... Should be interesting ..

Date: January 5, 2018 07:49

mpj200

Hmmm that's a tough choice...

I'd have to say tour of the UK for all those still wanting to see them, and it would be the proper setting to wrap up their monumental career.

Then maybe Keith will record and release another solo album. thumbs up

Date: January 5, 2018 08:03

mpj200

Without a doubt 'album' ... (though my heart would ...and currently does feel for UK fans since they often get short changed).

The Stones have done so many tours and live sets ... filmed shows .. (more than any other act at this point ... by a significant margin) and another album would be nice. A final studio chapter in their immense catalog.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 6, 2018 01:53

are we getting an album. all we hear for a long time is this album is getting made, thats what annoys stones fans, either do it or not, dont tease us with stuff that might not happen and usually dosent.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 6, 2018 03:45

mpj200

That’s an odd thing for you to say, isn’t it?
I thought you were one of our inside guys...

Date: January 6, 2018 07:45

35love
mpj200

That’s an odd thing for you to say, isn’t it?
I thought you were one of our inside guys...

Well ...He (or she) is simply giving us something to 'ponder' .. that's all. He (or she) isn't saying it is going to be that way .. one or the other .. He / she is just asking if it had to be one .. which would each of us choose is all. Was just a hypothetical question ... nothing more.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 6, 2018 08:38

Is it? Sounds pretty consistent with this post...

Date: November 16, 2017 07:00

I'm sure they'd like to finish it, but getting everyone together has not been easy. With a tour planned, that removes most of next year. It's not like the old days. I believe the only way this album gets done is if they take a year off from touring. And if they take a year off from touring, they could be done.

It's a matter of choices right now. We shall see what happens.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 6, 2018 13:27

If it’s 1 of the 2,
let’s make it
whichever they want to do.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: January 6, 2018 15:55

mpj200

That's easy ..... a new album please....I thank you

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 6, 2018 17:20

A new album IF (and that's a big IF) it's a true collaboration between at least Mick and Keith, ideally with some Ronnie thrown in for good measure, and with some parts played by talented/creative musicians (like B2cool smiley not something they slap together like ABB with Keith's "fairy dust" and Mick on bass on some tracks !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 6, 2018 17:38

Rocky Dijon
Is it? Sounds pretty consistent with this post...

Date: November 16, 2017 07:00

I'm sure they'd like to finish it, but getting everyone together has not been easy. With a tour planned, that removes most of next year. It's not like the old days. I believe the only way this album gets done is if they take a year off from touring. And if they take a year off from touring, they could be done.

It's a matter of choices right now. We shall see what happens.

I see... I thought it was just something hypothetical.

Still .. they can tour.. and finish the album within the same year. It's not going to take a whole year to finish an album that was half done over a year ago. This album already has been worked up for two years .. .. .. Isn't like they are starting from scratch .. so it's easily conceivable they could tour and release it in the same year. I think that is the plan anyway.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 6, 2018 17:59

Tour is the first priority with the Stones but family time is the number one priority, they work 2 or 3 months a year, not more than that, so there's not much time to work on other things as a new album, a couple of weeks each year and then back with the family.

The new album is not on Universal's Q1 or Q2 schedule, is not even done yet.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 6, 2018 18:58

Koen

Or he's enjoying the sun...?

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 6, 2018 19:10

georgelicks
Tour is the first priority with the Stones but family time is the number one priority, they work 2 or 3 months a year, not more than that, so there's not much time to work on other things as a new album, a couple of weeks each year and then back with the family.

The new album is not on Universal's Q1 or Q2 schedule, is not even done yet.

Q4....eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 6, 2018 19:19

They know they can't produce a classic album anymore. They know they get more money for a two-hour-show than for the new album. That’s why it takes years from the first sessions to the finished product.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 6, 2018 19:27

Monsoon Ragoon
They know they can't produce a classic album anymore. They know they get more money for a two-hour-show than for the new album. That’s why it takes years from the first sessions to the finished product.

Agreed...but most people aren't expecting a 'classic' album; not since 1972 anyway.
But a 'good' album, surely possible?
Other 'Legacy' acts (single/group) are still putting out reasonable product after all.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 6, 2018 19:45

jlowe
Monsoon Ragoon

Agreed...but most people aren't expecting a 'classic' album; not since 1972 anyway.
But a 'good' album, surely possible?
Other 'Legacy' acts (single/group) are still putting out reasonable product after all.

Well I enjoyed every album, even Bridges To Babylon has some good songs. But the songs got weaker and weaker every decade. And after this 3/4 Stones-double A-side - I don't know...

Re: The Rolling Stones band meeting in January?
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: January 6, 2018 22:02

The fact that people don’t seem to buy albums any more doesn’t help either.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2018 22:38

Based on what I've looked at regarding their recent years, they tend to announce things in February regarding the meeting(s) in mid-late January regarding yes/no on doing whatever so perhaps in a month something official will come out.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 6, 2018 22:40

IanBillen
mpj200

Without a doubt 'album' ... (though my heart would ...and currently does feel for UK fans since they often get short changed).

The Stones have done so many tours and live sets ... filmed shows .. (more than any other act at this point ... by a significant margin) and another album would be nice. A final studio chapter in their immense catalog.

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2018 22:52

tomcat2006
The fact that people don’t seem to buy albums any more doesn’t help either.

The LP, in whatever format it comes out on, be it CD, vinyl, mp3, iTunes, cassette or whatever streaming place (and any future formats), will always be bought and or listened to by fans. In fact, having an LP is necessary - no band or artist can develop a fan base without more than a couple of singles. There have to be songs to justify charging $$$ for shows. And to have shows you gotta have songs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the culture of the LP change in the future to promotional companies, say AEG Live, paying for a band/artist to record an LP so they have something to play on tour. Of course, it can appear that AEG Live is giving the LP away for free but there would be some form of $ in a silly fee or the price would be X amount for the tickets.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 7, 2018 00:06

Koen

Nope he's busy moving out! >grinning smiley<
"Rich People Are Fleeing Connecticut"

[www.zerohedge.com]

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: January 7, 2018 00:45

I have no doubt they could produce a fine, new album.

An album of songs will last forever, a tour just a few months.

I'll take the album over a tour anyday.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 7, 2018 01:32

Koen

The only thing Keith is likely to be shovelling right now is sand in Parrot Cay cool smiley

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home