Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Track Talk: Jiving Sister Fanny
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 06:57

Interesting how after all of this time, Nico's The Complete Works lists this song as being recorded in March-May 1970 instead of 1969. Anybody know why the recording date might have been changed?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 8, 2022 10:59

JordyLicks96
Interesting how after all of this time, Nico's The Complete Works lists this song as being recorded in March-May 1970 instead of 1969. Anybody know why the recording date might have been changed?

Sound wise it fits better to Spring 1970, where they recorded Travelling Man, Stop Breaking Down, the first electric versions of All Down The Line and I'm Going Down. It's that crunchy Fender amp sound instead of Vox and HiWatt sound, and Taylor used a Telecaster for large parts of the sessions.

Mathijs

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 8, 2022 15:12

What about this version?

Some goon is going around Youtube saying it's Richards on lead haha

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 16:54

Travelin Man should have been worked up for release on the Sticky Fingers deluxe.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 8, 2022 18:43

Always loved this song. It just rolls so well. Unsurpassed attitude.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2022 18:49

One of the best songs ever that never got a proper release...buried on Metamorphosis doesn't count.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 19:07

Mathijs
JordyLicks96

Sound wise it fits better to Spring 1970, where they recorded Travelling Man, Stop Breaking Down, the first electric versions of All Down The Line and I'm Going Down. It's that crunchy Fender amp sound instead of Vox and HiWatt sound, and Taylor used a Telecaster for large parts of the sessions.

Mathijs

Makes sense. He actually changed a couple songs to another recording date. Give Me A Hamburger To Go changed from May 1968 to July 1970.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 9, 2022 07:36

JordyLicks96
Mathijs
JordyLicks96

Mathijs

Makes sense. He actually changed a couple songs to another recording date. Give Me A Hamburger To Go changed from May 1968 to July 1970.

Isn't it documented that they recorded it the day Brian Jones died? That's what I recall.

Date: March 9, 2022 10:36

GasLightStreet
JordyLicks96
Mathijs
JordyLicks96

Mathijs

Isn't it documented that they recorded it the day Brian Jones died? That's what I recall.

Wasn't that I Don't Know Why? Maybe both?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 9, 2022 10:58

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
JordyLicks96
Mathijs
JordyLicks96

Mathijs

Wasn't that I Don't Know Why? Maybe both?

Only I Don't Know Why.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 11, 2022 16:03

I found a bunch of info where studio musicians have come out over the years saying that they played all over on the Metamorphosis record and the celebrity guests were false and propaganda by Oldham.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home