Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Fast Eddie Clarke of Motorhead
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 11, 2018 13:41

So that's it then - last remaining member of the classic Motorhead line-up. RIP Eddie.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 13:43 by Silver Dagger.

Re: OT: RIP Fast Eddie Clarke of Motorhead
Date: January 11, 2018 13:42

last remaining member of motorhead gone? not even close

Date: January 11, 2018 13:44

keefriffhard4life
last remaining member of motorhead gone? not even close

Correction made. And I should know better - I was fortunate/unlucky enough to have been present at their very first gig - at the Roundhouse in 1975, supporting Greenslade.

I say unfortunate as they were so loud that my ears were ringing two days later. It was an inauspicious start - they kind of jammed their way around a few Pink Fairies and Hawkwind before ending with a pre-punk hard riffin' version of the Motown classic Leaving Here by Eddie Holland, which had been covered by Ronnie Wood's first band The Birds as well as The Who. It was later to be Motorhead's first single on the Stiff label.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 14:03 by Silver Dagger.

Date: January 11, 2018 13:49

RIP, but Eddie was their second guitarist, after Larry Wallis, right?

Date: January 11, 2018 13:50

DandelionPowderman
RIP, but Eddie was their second guitarist, after Larry Wallis, right?

Correct.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: January 11, 2018 14:07

Very sad to hear - Fast Eddie contributed to some of the best Motörhead Killer Albums. R.I.P

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 11, 2018 14:33

They'll be dishing out more ear plugs up in heaven as we speak.

A band who always reminded us that Rock N Roll is, first and foremost, about making a great bloody racket.

RIP Eddie.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 11, 2018 14:59

Silver Dagger
I was fortunate/unlucky enough to have been present at their very first gig - at the Roundhouse in 1975, supporting Greenslade.

they kind of jammed their way around a few Pink Fairies and Hawkwind before ending with a pre-punk hard riffin' version of the Motown classic Leaving Here by Eddie Holland

You mean this one?

"Motorhead Hammersmith Odeon, UK
19th October 1975

Lineage : LowGen Cass (2nd?) > Audacity (Tracking) > Wav > TLH (Flac8) > Dime...

Setlist :

01 - Motorhead
02 - Lost Johnny
03 - Silver Machine
04 - City Kids
05 - Waiting For The Man
06 - -Tuning-
07 - Leaving Here
08 - Bye Bye Johnny

This tape came to me from an old friend, who'd actually forgotten he'd got it until I went through his tape boxes with him - & thankfully it had survived in a playable condition, good storage pays dividends. He wishes to remain anonymous but acquired this many many years ago, & the quality on this is amazing (there are samples underneath to check...) with an entertaining setlist to say the least. The show itself was only Motorhead's 11th gig, their 2nd in London (supporting Blue Oyster Cult) & still had Larry Wallis & Lucas Fox (guitar & drums respectively), as opposed to Eddie & Phil.

The band play well, & the audience pay attention, but you can tell it's a partisan audience...The recording is a good one, nothing swamped,

Overall, this is a fascinating listen, & as far as I know is the only tape to feature this lineup apart from their Roundhouse debut - very definitely well worth it..."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 15:03 by dcba.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 11, 2018 14:59

Wow, I was just thinking about him the other day. I knew he had health issues related to his days in Motorhead. What a hugely underrated guitarist.

As far as surviving ex-members of Motorhead:

Larry Wallis
Lucas Fox
Brian "Robbo" Robertson (ex-Thin Lizzy)
Philip Campbell
Pete Gill (ex-Saxon)
Mikkey Dee (ex-King Diamond)

Date: January 11, 2018 15:04

runaway
Very sad to hear - Fast Eddie contributed to some of the best Motörhead Killer Albums. R.I.P
Although they wrote their biggest hits and most memorable songs with the classic Lemmy/Eddie/Philthy lineup, I still say that the Lemmy/Wurzel/Campbell/Dee-to-Lemmy/Campbell/Dee lineup had the strongest run of albums in the band's history.

Date: January 11, 2018 15:10

dcba
Silver Dagger
I was fortunate/unlucky enough to have been present at their very first gig - at the Roundhouse in 1975, supporting Greenslade.

they kind of jammed their way around a few Pink Fairies and Hawkwind before ending with a pre-punk hard riffin' version of the Motown classic Leaving Here by Eddie Holland

You mean this one?

"Motorhead Hammersmith Odeon, UK
19th October 1975

Lineage : LowGen Cass (2nd?) > Audacity (Tracking) > Wav > TLH (Flac8) > Dime...

Setlist :

01 - Motorhead
02 - Lost Johnny
03 - Silver Machine
04 - City Kids
05 - Waiting For The Man
06 - -Tuning-
07 - Leaving Here
08 - Bye Bye Johnny

This tape came to me from an old friend, who'd actually forgotten he'd got it until I went through his tape boxes with him - & thankfully it had survived in a playable condition, good storage pays dividends. He wishes to remain anonymous but acquired this many many years ago, & the quality on this is amazing (there are samples underneath to check...) with an entertaining setlist to say the least. The show itself was only Motorhead's 11th gig, their 2nd in London (supporting Blue Oyster Cult) & still had Larry Wallis & Lucas Fox (guitar & drums respectively), as opposed to Eddie & Phil.

The band play well, & the audience pay attention, but you can tell it's a partisan audience...The recording is a good one, nothing swamped,

Overall, this is a fascinating listen, & as far as I know is the only tape to feature this lineup apart from their Roundhouse debut - very definitely well worth it..."

No, I mean the first ever gig they played.

Rubbish quality but here it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 15:11 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: January 11, 2018 15:30

keefriff99
runaway
Although they wrote their biggest hits and most memorable songs with the classic Lemmy/Eddie/Philthy lineup, I still say that the Lemmy/Wurzel/Campbell/Dee-to-Lemmy/Campbell/Dee lineup had the strongest run of albums in the band's history.

After Lemmy/Eddie/Philthy, line up, Motörhead produced a long run of albums and for sure some killer albums as well! I enjoyed, enjoy all line-ups

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: January 11, 2018 17:55

So sad....they are all gone, maybe now they will get to play that double bill with the Ramones

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: January 11, 2018 18:53

So sad, I saw the classic Motorhead line up 3 times in the late '70s.
Everything louder than everything else.
RIP Lemmy, Eddie and Phil.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:26

Never saw Motörhead...they cancelled both times I had tickets...Cranked up some early 'Head today.
My favourite Clärke tunes: Motörhead and We Are the Road Crew

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:58

My favorite Motorhead albums were when Eddie was in the band.

Turn it up...

Motörhead - Damage Case

"Hey babe don't turn away
I'm here tomorrow I'm gone today..."

RIP Eddie.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: January 11, 2018 20:29

It's a bomber..

[m.youtube.com]

Date: January 11, 2018 21:02

We are Motörhead...AND WE'RE GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!

[www.youtube.com]

The mixing on this live album is insane...one of the loudest-sounding albums I own.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 11, 2018 21:30

Keeping in line with the Eddie Clarke era Motorhead (RIP), have to go with this superior live album - their best imo.

Motörhead - No Sleep 'til Hammersmith (1981) - Full Album

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: January 11, 2018 21:46

keefriff99

[www.youtube.com]

The mixing on this live album is insane...one of the loudest-sounding albums I own.

Perhaps, but Clärke doesn't play on it unfortunately!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 11, 2018 21:52

RIP Fast Eddie. Saw Motorhead in Vancouver March 82. Unfortunately Eddie had quit the band just days before although pre-internet so very few knew. They did an autograph session that day at a record store downtown and I got Lemmy and Phil Taylor's autographs but didn't know who the red haired guitarist was, later realizing it was Brian Robertson.
Did get to see Eddie live a year later when Fastway opened for AC/DC in Vancouver on the opening night of the Flick of the Switch tour.

Date: January 11, 2018 21:57

FrogSugar
keefriff99

[www.youtube.com]

Perhaps, but Clärke doesn't play on it unfortunately!
Never said he did, but it's a Clarke-era song and it's LOUD.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: January 11, 2018 22:22

Hello,

Sorry to learn of this news...the times that I saw M'head were post-Fast but of course his era still gets a regular airing on the stereo.

This number I just love, especially them playing-out the song as only a trio can. Nothing majorly flash but just so...right! Thanks Eddie.

'Live To Win'

[www.youtube.com]

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 12, 2018 08:30

Eddie is among those telling stories of drugs on the road, from 2000s: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 12, 2018 15:07

Terribly underrated and ignored guitarist in the Rock World. Very unassuming Gentleman when being interviewed and taken too soon,still a young man by todays standards.

Date: January 12, 2018 15:26

stonehearted
Eddie is among those telling stories of drugs on the road, from 2000s: [www.youtube.com]
It's amazing watching this...Lemmy was around 60 here and you'd never know what kind of life he'd lived looking at him. He truly had a superhuman constitution.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home