Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 18 of 19
Re: Ot : Bruce Springsteen Paris Stade de France show 29.06.2013
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 17, 2013 14:16

belld
He starts tonight the first of 5 yes 5 concerts in Ireland. I believe Gazza is attending only 3, poor boy losing his touch!

I think he had a great time. On FB he wrote that it was in the top 4 or 5 shows he'd ever seen.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: July 17, 2013 15:07

toomuchforme
I was there great show. Despite a bad sound

Bad sound? Could you inform us a little more.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 17, 2013 18:43

I haven't seen Bruce since 2006, but I always found his sound muddier and weaker than the Stones' sound on stage.

When he came back with the E Street Band in the late 90ies I was already thinking "too bad he brought back the sound system from the 80ies with the line up of the same era".

The greatst sound I experienced with Bruce was on the Ghost Of Tom Joad solo tour

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 17, 2013 20:54

It has become a "Big Band" concert with his 15-20 something musicians.
It is too much show and too little music.

Happy Stones are down-scaling to at max. 10-11 musicians.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 17, 2013 22:14

mtaylor
A Stones fan, particularly a post-'89 Stones fan, is the LAST person who should be making that assertion about another group.

Make no mistake: Bruce and his band are ALL about the music. They derive their energy onstage from their music and from the crowd.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 17, 2013 22:19

mtaylor

Happy Stones are down-scaling to at max. 10-11 musicians.

mtaylor
wicked67
50 + will be seen as one of the greatest tours in rock and roll history??? oh my God, oh My god what I'm reading....it takes courage to say certain things, and especially when I read that Ronnie is the best fantastic!! but fortunately there was Mick Taylor and a real shame that sounded only in some songs!

Way better than this absolutely horrendously stupid Macca consert going on now - that's the most ridiculous thing ever existed. Happy joyfully songs sung by that Goofy thing.

You are beyond pathetic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-17 22:19 by Happy24.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 18, 2013 02:26

Limerick setlist
5:29 p.m. (pre-show)

1. Does This Bus Stop On 82nd Street
2. For You
3. HEARTS OF STONE

7:31 p.m.

1. THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE
2. American Land
3. Badlands
4. Death to My Hometown
5. Hungry Heart
6. Spirit in The Night
7. AIN’T TOO PROUD TO BEG (sign request)
8. American Skin (41 Shots)
9. Promised Land
10. Wrecking Ball
11. We Take Care of Our Own
12. Jack of all Trades
13. The River

Born to Run album:

14. Thunder Road
15. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
16. Night
17. Backstreets
18. Born to Run
19. She’s the One
20. Meeting Across the River
21. Jungleland

22. Waitin’ On A Sunny Day
23. The Rising
24. Land of Hope and Dreams
25. My Hometown

26. Born in the USA
27. Glory Days
28. Bobby Jean
29. Drive All Night
30. Dancing in the Dark
31. Shout
32. Little Light of Mine

10:50 p.m.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 18, 2013 02:32

thumbs upJessie's Girl ROCKSthumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 06:43

God, these setlists are just absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. If only we Stones fans could be so lucky.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 18, 2013 07:02

......and INCREDIBLY boring.

Date: July 18, 2013 22:28

keefriff99
God, these setlists are just absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. If only we Stones fans could be so lucky.
Right and too bad more Stones fans can't be tolerant of other bands that fellow Stones fans enjoy.

Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen 2013 Tour
Date: July 19, 2013 01:04

Cork

Pre-Show:
1. I'll Work for your Love
2. Girls in their Summer Clothes
3. Real World (piano)

Main Set:
Start Time - 19:20 (approx)
1. This Little Light of Mine
2. My Love Will Not Let You Down
3. Out in the Street
4. Sherry Darling
5. WILD THING
6. Frankie
7. Adam Raised a Cain
8. Death to My Hometown
9. We Take Care of our Own
10. Seeds
11. Wrecking Ball
12. Jack of all Trades
13. THE PRICE YOU PAY
14. Prove it all Night ('78)
15. Darlington County
16. Pay me my Money Down
17. Shackled and Drawn
18. Waitin on a Sunny Day
19. The Rising
20. Badlands
21. Land of Hope and Dreams

22. REAL WORLD (solo piano)
23. Born in the USA
24. Born to Run
25. Seven Nights to Rock
26. Dancing in the Dark
27. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
28. Shout
29. This Little Light of Mine
30. Thunder Road (acoustic)
Show Over: 22:3?
Show time: 3 hours 10 minutes

O/T Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band at Cork, Belfast and Leeds, July 2013
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 28, 2013 11:15

Hello,

I had the two Irish shows teed-up for quite a while before the Leeds Arena show was announced: man, that was a tough ticket for a lot of folks!
I am delighted to tell you that Bruce is defying the usual showbiz convention of stagnating artistically as he gets older. The sheer variety, feeling and energy that these shows had was pretty astounding.

For the Irish shows he even became his own warm-up act, appearing unannounced about 2 1/2 hours before the main show and playing 4 or 5 songs on his lonesome. I think the gesture was aimed at acknowledging how much hanging around the 'pit' audience had to endure in unbelievably warm (well, for Ireland at any rate) conditions...my word, it must have been 27c at one point, hah-hah!

I'll not bother with stats of songs played etc.: others do that a whole better. All I'll say is that I am lucky to see this band, this artist as they/he evolve...believe me, in years ahead folk will look back at this extraordinary period. The man is a one-off. I know none of this will sway the Brooooce haters/detractors and that's fine...I used to loathe the chap myself, hah-hah!
Ok, you knew the words couldn't go on much more so here come sooooo many (noisey) photos...

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Worth cycling the length of Ireland to see? Hell yeah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-28 13:45 by SimonN.

Re: O/T Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band at Cork, Belfast and Leeds, July 2013
Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: July 28, 2013 16:56

Saw him at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff the other night - amazing show!

Re: O/T Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band at Cork, Belfast and Leeds, July 2013
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 28, 2013 17:03

Great pictures, I am glad you had a great time. I hope I will see him one day soon again, he is just amazing.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 28, 2013 17:09

I read on internet (can't remember souce - but credible) that Wrecking Ball Tour will end following the S.Aemrican Concerts.

Miami was overlooked like many U.S. concrete jungle cities. It's sad but this is not the last we will visit again.

Also I think that band matured during this tour... simply amazing!!!

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: July 28, 2013 17:11

Great pictures SimonN thanks. I saw the Springsteen and I film last Monday it was great full of brilliant and funny stories from the fans and full of great music and footage.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 29, 2013 10:16

Hi Chaps,

Always good to see some other satisfied Brooooce punters onboard, hah-hah!
I hope to catch 'Springsteen & I' on DVD: I hear great things about it.
Meanwhile the post-tour blues set in...come on Boss, get off yer arse and get out there again!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 29, 2013 12:01

Fu cking fantastic photos Simon. These are your best ever pix. You've caught the action really well, great expressions, great framing. Yep - you're on the way to being a pro.

Posted by: martin0113 ()
Date: July 29, 2013 12:35

Astounding at the Leeeds Arena !

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 29, 2013 13:12

18 people on stage for the bow...

Does he really need that much people ?
And Patti isn't touring anymore ?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 29, 2013 13:22

Great pics Simon.
It really conveys what great shows they were,and mixing it with the fans, that Bruce and his band do so well. smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 29, 2013 14:58

Back at work and the post-tour blues are hitting already.

Fantastic pics (and these are just the tip of the iceberg!)and it was great hanging out with you before and after all three of these shows.

Although, personally, I think the one you missed (Limerick) shaded them all performance-wise.

Including the three pre-shows, I think I saw almost 80 different songs over the four nights (plus a few more in Padua at the end of May). Probably the best run of gigs I've ever been to.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 29, 2013 15:26

I saw him at the beginning & end of the Darkness on the Edge of Town tour. First one was in a 3000 seat theater. It was rock & roll church. Haven't been quite as enthusiastic in recent years but still worth seeing. The River tour was quite good too.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: July 29, 2013 15:30

Doc
18 people on stage for the bow...

Does he really need that much people ?
And Patti isn't touring anymore ?

Bruce is touring with a 16-piece band.

the "classic" post-reunion ESB lineup (Bruce + 2 guitars, 2 keys, bass, drums, violin) is augmented with a 5-piece horn section (to replace the mighty Big Man, who died 2 years ago), a percussion player and 3 backing singers.

and yes, Patti ain't touring anymore (at least this year)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-29 15:32 by superglen.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 29, 2013 15:31

Gazza
Back at work and the post-tour blues are hitting already.

Fantastic pics (and these are just the tip of the iceberg!)and it was great hanging out with you before and after all three of these shows.

Although, personally, I think the one you missed (Limerick) shaded them all performance-wise.

Including the three pre-shows, I think I saw almost 80 different songs over the four nights (plus a few more in Padua at the end of May). Probably the best run of gigs I've ever been to.

That's blows a real fat raspberry in the faces of those people who reckon it can't be done when a band reaches stadium level. Or any other level for that matyter. Good on him.

Date: July 29, 2013 15:37

Chris Fountain
I read on internet (can't remember souce - but credible) that Wrecking Ball Tour will end following the S.Aemrican Concerts.

Miami was overlooked like many U.S. concrete jungle cities. It's sad but this is not the last we will visit again.

yes, the tour will end in South Am in september...so far, gigs were announced for Sao Paolo, Rio and Santiago:
[en.wikipedia.org]

Bruce in 2012 played well over 50 North Am shows, 14 of which in stadiums, but skipped a couple of major US markets (Texas, South Florida, Vegas...). next time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-29 15:38 by superglen.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 29, 2013 15:57

I'm quite surprised he didnt do another American run of shows. A few markets didnt get a visit as you say and some of the stronger ones would have easily supported a return visit this year.

I get the impression he originally intended to do more shows there but the signs are that he has another album in the works (he recorded some songs when he was in Australia in March) and so maybe he wants to concentrate on that instead in the short term.

Date: July 29, 2013 16:08

in the past months, there were strong rumours of another major North Am run (30 dates), from the end of august to thanksgiving, with the South Am shows falling in between. dates were tipped for Atlantic City, St John's, L.A., Vancouver, Halifax and the like; venue holds were firmly in place.

at a certain point, Bruce must have changed his mind; he probably prefers to finish work on his next record, which is in part already recorded.

so, rumours now say that this new record might be released in the spring of 2014, with another ESB tour to follow...

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 29, 2013 17:31

The sound is bad because there are 16 or so people playing every instrument known to man very loud in a stadium. I saw him last year in a 15,000 seater and sounded awful to the human ear, however, listening to a recording of the show later it sounded better.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 18 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home