Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Sirius channel
Posted by: illyad ()
Date: January 8, 2018 05:42

Why doesn't the Stones have their own channel on Sirius radio? They have to have the largest live and studio catalog of any act.

Re: Stones Sirius channel
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 8, 2018 18:01

They did once during a tour. Wish it was full time.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 8, 2018 20:23

It seems like the ones that have it full time are actively involved. Petty was very involved. Grateful Dead and Phish are very into it I believe. Bruce has his own team that works on it basically. The Beatles are kind of a coup for them as the eternal patron saints of music (while the Stones are the ugly stepchildren even though they are so much better). I'm not sure Jimmy Buffet's involvement but I'm assuming its a good amount.

The Stones definitely have the catalogue and variety for it. I think it'd be a great station because, while I love the Beatles, I'm usually more in the mood for Stones rock. Again, I think you have to be actively involved in your channel or heavily petition for it. I don't think they usually just give you one. And while I think the Stones would participate, I'm not sure any of them or anyone in their camp is actively trying to make it happen. Prince could have a great channel, Bowie could. I assume you really have to want it.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: January 8, 2018 20:31

I agree totally with what you said RF, good stuff! I really enjoy the Petty, Beatles channel. It sure was sad when I was listening to the Petty station the day he passed on, Flannagan & co kept saying that night he was still alive but knew probably he would pass on when all the reports that day has said so pre-maturely. Yes, hope in the future more iconic artist will embrace the station for their archived outlet. Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home