Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017 - Looking Back and Memories
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 27, 2017 23:53

It is now just over two months since the No Filter Tour final show in Paris France on October 25. I had plans for writing about every show, every travel, every moment, from late August and the rehearsals in London, until the home coming exactly two months ago, but there was no time...

I managed to post a few pages on the Stoneslife.org tour blog, from the London days, from Hamburg, from Lucca, and from Arnhem, but the rest of the memories were still in the files until now.

I have added the first few travels and show memories now. The rest will follow shortly. If you have comments or pictures then feel free to post here, or e-mail me. I don't have much time to edit, my main focus will be on finishing the tour blog before the year is over, but if you have some special memories from the tour, please post here and/or e-mail me to the address: iorr@arena.no

This is the No Filter Tour blog. Updates will follow soon:

[stoneslife.org]

Bjornulf

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017 - Looking Back and Memories
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 27, 2017 23:54

Some pictures, they are from the tour blog...

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-28 00:00 by bv.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 28, 2017 00:03

Great stuff, bv.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 28, 2017 03:04

Great pictures BV ....................

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 28, 2017 10:32

It's only rock 'n roll, but I like it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 28, 2017 11:54

My memories of NO FILTER?

Too much to cramp into one little post -
but I'll share this one:
I enjoyed PiT, for the very first time; and not just the once, but four times...
And I managed to buy these tix, officialy, at 'tic only' prices (so without the "SmU VIP package " etc. *BS*), at an average of 181 euro per tic.

I'll never forget the shock & awe I experienced the very first time, in Amsterdam (thx to Joop Faber, who had a spare, and sold it at face value to me...);
first when entering the stadium & PiT zone, and throughout the gig constantly (but that goes without saying I supose)...
What an experience! The sound really is GREAT, over there.

I had 3 'great' but rather expensive tribune tix for my wife, a mutual friend & me for Arnhem; but I managed to get an upgrade to PiT less than 2 weeks before the concert, at only 35 euro extra p.p.
From that PiT we took pictures all night long of our previous seats, that looked miles and miles away... (Quite sure, though, we would have enjoyed the concert all the same over there, because it was a smashing gig!!)

For Paris #1, I was one of those that managed to buy two PiTs (for my wife and me) during the early official pre-sale; only to see them wihdrawn later that same day, so-called due to "technical error". (I guess we all remember that one…)
I started an intensive correspondance immediately, in both French ànd English, with both the UArena (ticket sales) & SARL Concerts (the concert promoter), and later on even with the Commission for Customers Rights of the European Union (EU); after which – and to my surprise, because it had taken a lot of time by then and I’d almost given up all expectations... – my original purchase was restored. It had taken me mónths, and numerous letters by registered mail; but it had worked.

After that, I had little hopes for my two Lucky Dips (for a mate & me) for Paris #3; I figured I was not exactly ‘top-draw’ to the Powers that Were over there, after ‘that issue’... But lookie here: BINGO. PiT again; and (especially) my mate was over the moon - since it was his first, ànd he was in ‘that kinda period’ where he could use ‘a break’ like that. (We met Rockman, who acknowledged my mate as "looking like a pirate "; which made his day even móre. Cheerz, Rockman! >grinning smiley< )
I guess that’s France for ya: good sports, and respectful towards ‘justice through rebeliousness’. Merçi mes amis! smoking smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 28, 2017 17:38

Spielberg was magical, as was our entire trip thru Austria.
Thanks to the Rolling Stones, my daughter and I had the trip of a lifetime.

A simple reminder:
That time when John Lee Hooker Jr. photobombed us..

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: December 28, 2017 19:08

Here's a few from Paris 3:

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-28 19:21 by joshbg2k.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 29, 2017 22:43

Thanks, Amsterdam.

My first abroad concert.

Should have been Paris, but two times out of my control.

Date: December 29, 2017 23:12

It was just magical. We should be so happy. I know I am.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 30, 2017 02:01

I would be happy to spend the rest of my life seeing every Cathedral in France.

Saint-Chapell, Notre-Dame de Paris, a room at the heel of Arc de Triomphe,
walking along the Seine river, The Louvre.

Conquering a RS concert.
My JJF video :-)

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 30, 2017 06:16

Thanks Barcelona, thanks Paris, thanks Stones...

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 30, 2017 18:03

mick throwing his shirt into the audience

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: reino ()
Date: December 31, 2017 00:49

Hi stoners! We traveled from finland to stockholm and what great place to see to stones! Beutiful city and friendly people in stockholm! That Was my second time to see stones outside to finland! First was munich 2003, and holy trilogy! I had some pictures but i dont know how to send here Sorry.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 31, 2017 02:01

Not to get too schmaltzy here, but this tour was elevated to greatness by the many incredible people from IORR whose paths crossed mine. You’re a fine bunch of lunatics! Some great memories, before, during and after the shows. Damn expensive hanging out with some of ya, and I literally lost my shirt at one point (for the record, I was not wearing it at the time and I don’t know if that makes it better or worse...), but there were great adventures, wicked music, Fireballs (still don’t know what those are, but they are formidable), and and some pretty fine work from the boys. Hope to see you all next summer!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 31, 2017 03:35

SomeTorontoGirl
Not to get too schmaltzy here, but this tour was elevated to greatness by the many incredible people from IORR whose paths crossed mine. You’re a fine bunch of lunatics! Some great memories, before, during and after the shows. Damn expensive hanging out with some of ya, and I literally lost my shirt at one point (for the record, I was not wearing it at the time and I don’t know if that makes it better or worse...), but there were great adventures, wicked music, Fireballs (still don’t know what those are, but they are formidable), and and some pretty fine work from the boys. Hope to see you all next summer!

And thank you once again for helping me with my extra ticket in Paris! Maybe we will actually meet next time around. Happy and healthy new year to you.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 31, 2017 04:04

My pleasure Steffi!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 31, 2017 04:33

Riding a bike to the show in Arnhem.smileys with beer

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: January 2, 2018 19:10

The photo's look so great, thank you for all you do!

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: January 2, 2018 20:57

Some wonderful photos there. Thanks to the Stones I've been to some great places that I wouldn't have been to otherwise. This time did the Spielberg, Zurich and Lucca shows and turned it into a bit of a holiday with my wife to celebrate my 50th birthday - visited some lovely cities and had some spectacular train journeys thrown in. All that plus the Stones!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 3, 2018 03:04

Highlights for me was the beautiful City and nice people of Lucca, and he great atmosphere there. Stones Tongues everywhere in the city.
Being in the pit in Amsterdam and crying my eyes out when it was finished.
The great concert in Arnhem, and he old city (Korenmarkt) flooded with Stones fans.
and ofcourse.. the opening concert in Hamburg. Even though the audience seemed very quiet and not really into the gig.

2017 was a great Stones year.. Hoping and praying for more gigs in 2018.
Jeroen

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 3, 2018 12:45

corriecas
Highlights for me was the beautiful City and nice people of Lucca, and he great atmosphere there. Stones Tongues everywhere in the city.
The great concert in Arnhem, and he old city (Korenmarkt) flooded with Stones fans.
and ofcourse.. the opening concert in Hamburg. Even though the audience seemed very quiet and not really into the gig.

Jeroen

That’s a great, lovely testimonial, Jeroen!
And we ‘paralleled’ a lot, as it seems... Amsterdam PiT (a ‘first’ to me...); Lucca ‘Stones City’ indeed; I loved Arnhem too; and ‘kick-off’ Hamburg was quite the experience. Next time we have a beer together, olrite? smileys with beer

Date: January 3, 2018 12:50

corriecas

Jeroen

The classic «awestruck» opening night-crowd. It was the same in Oslo 2014 smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 3, 2018 13:43

RoughJusticeOnYa
corriecas

Jeroen

That’s a great, lovely testimonial, Jeroen!
And we ‘paralleled’ a lot, as it seems... Amsterdam PiT (a ‘first’ to me...); Lucca ‘Stones City’ indeed; I loved Arnhem too; and ‘kick-off’ Hamburg was quite the experience. Next time we have a beer together, olrite? smileys with beer

Yeah, Great Idea Roughjustice.
Thirsty AlreadY!!
jeroen

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 3, 2018 15:38

I met fantastic man, MGetzner from iorr.org, he picked up me and my friend to Spielberg. And I want to say it there that MGetnzer is a very noble man and it was a real honor to met him smiling smiley Hope to meet him sometime again (maybe this year on next Stones concert in Poland? grinning smiley grinning smiley)! And also this tour was my first opportunity to see The Rolling Stones live. And I want more! smiling smiley In Spielberg they played "She's a Rainbow" which is a real important song because of some things for me, also "Under My Thumb" which was a real highlight of the whole concert. Mud, mud, mud was everywhere but I didn't mind (only didn't wanted to make dirt in car smiling smiley grinning smiley) - I made my dream come true despite I had to travel from Friday to Sunday and sleep only in car when we we're coming back to Vienna. "Just Your Fool" has a great harp intro which I love from first listening. And Mick had so much energy on stage, he played and I felt like I was in sixties on their early days. Great memories, great concert and beautiful country. Greetings to all Austrians there! smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home