Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

And so it began-The Rolling Stones 1969 US tour
Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: November 6, 2017 18:25

I got the call sheet from Chip Monck -it was created by Bill Belmont.  Bill said, the minute the tour started the schedule got thrown out the window.

Re: And so it began-The Rolling Stones 1969 US tour
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 6, 2017 23:40

thumbs up great

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 7, 2017 00:00

"You just roll around Denver all day"

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 20, 2017 14:50

I think this article fits well on this thread.

When the Rolling Stones played and partied in north Palm Beach County

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 20, 2017 16:23

...Good read!

Thx, Christiano. thumbs up

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 20, 2017 23:16

I was about to write "this call sheet is in the Ronnie Schneider book, Out of our Heads" when I checked and found out bmuseed is in fact the same Mr Schneider.

A great read, especially with all the "evidence" at the end

Date: December 4, 2017 16:13

Date: December 4, 2017 16:36

Thnx a lot, priceless footage, never seen before.That's the Yaya's version ?

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: December 4, 2017 16:48

This so-called "call sheet from Chip Monck" pertaining to the opening date of the 1969 Rolling Stones Tour at Fort Collins, Colorado is very interesting, but a little difficult to interpret.

I attended the concert on November 7, 1969 at Fort Collins.

To this day I have never heard of anyone else, either online on in person, who also attended it.

The concert was great, and was what made me into a life-long Stones fan, however the sound was a little off at the concert, due to the acoustics at Moby Gym, the concert venue, which was never really designed to be an auditorium.

BB King opened for The Stones and his part was as great as The Stones themselves.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 4, 2017 19:19

Although I was too young to attend these shows (and too young to be into the Stones at that point-3 years later when I was 16 in '72 I had developed Stones fever), this one was always my favorite tour. Even though I was mostly happy that Ya Yas was finally re-released with all the extra tracks (Prodigal Son, Under My Thumb, I'm Free, etc) in an expanded edition (although a complete video concert of one of the 69 shows would have elevated that re-issue to stellar status), I have always yearned for a CD box set of all the MSG shows from 11/27/69-11/28/69- I would be happy with the raw tapes minus the overdubs. This has been on my bucket/wish list, and sadly, this type of release will most likely never see the light of day....

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 6, 2017 19:11

Even though it's a small clip of the performance and the quality is so-so, O loved it. Jagger made a few moves that were very cool.

Thanks

We need a 1969 video clip thread

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 7, 2017 00:55

Epic tour in every way you could imagine....

"i think i've lost a button on me trousers"

Date: December 22, 2017 15:54

The Rolling Stones Never Hired the Hells Angels

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 22, 2017 /PRNewswire

"The Rolling Stones never hired the Hells Angels and Yoko Ono didn't break up the Beatles, and I prove it with Proof of Truth," says the man who was there, Ronnie Schneider, in his new book, Out of Our Heads The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and Me with Proof of Truth, from CLB Inc. Schneider tells the inside story about Altamont, Dec. 6, 1969, where a Hells Angel killed Meredith Hunter during the free concert, and how the greatest rock film, Gimme Shelter, of the greatest rock n' roll band, The Rolling Stones, was created.

"Schneider's fact-filled volume further illustrates how he and the Stones in 1969 helped establish larger creative (production and package) and economic controls of an existing business model which demanded traditional flat fee performer fees to their new economic world where the band received 60-70 percent of the box office gross. This joint model has served as the blueprint for arena and stadium acts that followed. Schneider recounts the business lives of the Beatles and offers a very spiritual moment with George Harrison stopping by his desk and handing him a signed paperback of Autobiography of a Yogi."- Harvey Kubernik-author, music historian

"This is a book that will be cited often, starting immediately as original 'primary source' material by those documenting the Stones. Additionally, there are some very fine never-heard Beatles stories and insights into the band at a time when they were transitioning management and their organization from Brian Epstein to Allen Klein, by way of Eastman."-Susan Doran-Rolling Stones Fan

New reduced holiday prices: CLB, Inc., in honor of the historic 1969 Rolling Stones US tour has reduced the price for all Proof of Truth versions. The perfect holiday gift of a piece of rock 'n' roll history for the fans.

Available online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and all book retailers.

Schneider will be speaking and sharing his stories at The Battery in San Francisco on February 6, 2018 at 7:30pm.

[www.prnewswire.com]

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: December 25, 2017 20:23

Cristiano Radtke
I think this article fits well on this thread.

When the Rolling Stones played and partied in north Palm Beach County

I just read part of the article and want to make a point-it's a good article with most facts accurate but at one point it states: "a documentary crew followed their 16-person entourage".
Over almost 50 years there have been a lot of Rolling stones books smiling smiley..(I didn't tell the complete story to any of them..)--the easiest way to spot a bull s*** Rolling Stones book is one that states we were working on the film (Gimme Shelter) from the beginning of the tour... those that read my book with the proof know this is far from the truth..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home