Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Chris Rea Hospitalized
Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: December 10, 2017 15:02

Driving Home for Christmas ...

Chris Rea is in hospital after collapsing on stage last night in Oxford.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-11 09:29 by bv.

Re: Driving Home for Christmas
Date: December 10, 2017 15:48

Chris Rea Cancelled TONIGHT

Statement from Chris Rea's Promoter's: Unfortunately Chris Rea has had to cancel tonight’s show at Brighton Centre to illness. A decision about the outstanding date on his UK tour on 12th Dec at Bournemouth International Centre will be made in the near future. Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase.

Hamburg, Oct. 29, 2017

Re: OT: Chris Rea Hospitalized
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 11, 2017 15:51

Best wishes to Mister Chris Rea!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 11, 2017 21:09

Best thoughts and wishes for Chris Rea. thumbs up

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 12, 2017 00:00

Sorry to hear that!

....Who is Chris Rea?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 12, 2017 00:05

BluzDude
Sorry to hear that!

....Who is Chris Rea?

...but the Stainsby girls loved the Rolling Stones

[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 12, 2017 10:38

Chris Rea's 11 CD/1 DVD Blue Guitars release from 2009 remains my very favourite CD release by ANYONE. A true masterpiece where every CD contains "blues" from differing genres, like Louisina Blues, or Texas Blues, or Chicago Blues, or Gospel blues etc ..My review at the time on Amazon.co.uk:

"I preface by fessing up to:

1. The fact I own NO other Chris Rea albums even though I often hear his songs on radio and say to myself, "gee he sounds good"
2. I would NOT have owned this set had not my blood-brother in Luxembourg (I live in Perth Australia) told me he had bought it and said it was a nice package and
3. Had I not read SO MANY 5-star reviews here on Amazon I probably would have ignored this set.

But, I DID buy it, and what can I say? It is simply stunning. How a songwriter can compile more than 120 new songs in such a short span of time that are so uniformly stunning and put them down so beautifully is beyond belief. THIS IS A MAGNIFICENT set.

From song 1 Disc 1, to last song in Disc 11....yes Disc 11....this is so good it's unbelievable.

The music is rich, lush when needed, spare if required, the production just adds to the music, no distractions. The playing fantastic and the song writing and Rea's singing just first rate.

This is a musical tour de force. It's written that it's a history of the blues. It is, but IF blues as is commonly thought of isn't your exact cup of tea, don't worry. It's is not blues by 'definition', it's "world blues" with a soul/pop bent. In any event, it's a treasure.

Will it be enough to make me go out and buy any of his older albums? I am not sure. There is just so much here to explore, and it's such a uniformly GREAT collection I might find his other records trite by comparison. Then again, I may not....

The package itself is a thing of beauty too. A hard cover A4 sized book, running some 70 or so pages, all lyrics, interview with Chris Rea himself, fantastic artwork and a DVD and the 11 CDs set into the front and back sleeves. For Aust $110. The bargain of the century musically, and a treasure I will cherish."

GET WELL Chris, though I do know he has been extremely unwell in recent years

Rod

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: December 12, 2017 14:39

bitusa2012
Chris Rea's 11 CD/1 DVD Blue Guitars release from 2009 remains my very favourite CD release by ANYONE. A true masterpiece where every CD contains "blues" from differing genres, like Louisina Blues, or Texas Blues, or Chicago Blues, or Gospel blues etc ..My review at the time on Amazon.co.uk:

1. The fact I own NO other Chris Rea albums even though I often hear his songs on radio and say to myself, "gee he sounds good"
2. I would NOT have owned this set had not my blood-brother in Luxembourg (I live in Perth Australia) told me he had bought it and said it was a nice package and
3. Had I not read SO MANY 5-star reviews here on Amazon I probably would have ignored this set.

But, I DID buy it, and what can I say? It is simply stunning. How a songwriter can compile more than 120 new songs in such a short span of time that are so uniformly stunning and put them down so beautifully is beyond belief. THIS IS A MAGNIFICENT set.

From song 1 Disc 1, to last song in Disc 11....yes Disc 11....this is so good it's unbelievable.

The music is rich, lush when needed, spare if required, the production just adds to the music, no distractions. The playing fantastic and the song writing and Rea's singing just first rate.

This is a musical tour de force. It's written that it's a history of the blues. It is, but IF blues as is commonly thought of isn't your exact cup of tea, don't worry. It's is not blues by 'definition', it's "world blues" with a soul/pop bent. In any event, it's a treasure.

Will it be enough to make me go out and buy any of his older albums? I am not sure. There is just so much here to explore, and it's such a uniformly GREAT collection I might find his other records trite by comparison. Then again, I may not....

The package itself is a thing of beauty too. A hard cover A4 sized book, running some 70 or so pages, all lyrics, interview with Chris Rea himself, fantastic artwork and a DVD and the 11 CDs set into the front and back sleeves. For Aust $110. The bargain of the century musically, and a treasure I will cherish."

Thanks for the glowing recommendation of the Blue Guitars box set. I decided to check it out, I've ordered a copy from a UK importer via Amazon.com for $40 shipped to the USA. Hopefully it'll get here before Christmas and the 'Boro lad makes a good recovery.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 12, 2017 16:09

ElGeordie
bitusa2012

Thanks for the glowing recommendation of the Blue Guitars box set. I decided to check it out, I've ordered a copy from a UK importer via Amazon.com for $40 shipped to the USA. Hopefully it'll get here before Christmas and the 'Boro lad makes a good recovery.

I've been contemplating getting that box set for years and never managed to pull the trigger ($$$) even though I've been a Chris Rea fan since the early 90's. I think I must have found a similar listing to ElGeordie and I too put it in my cart and am now looking forward to delivery.

Get well soon Mr. Rea!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 12, 2017 18:31

Road to hell a classic. Was on MTV constantly

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 12, 2017 18:53

Auberge is a great album. Fool if you think it`s over.....first love. Thanks bitusa2012. You made a good buy. I wish the best for Chris.

Date: December 13, 2017 06:45

ElGeordie
bitusa2012

You WILL truly love it, I am sure

Rod

Date: December 13, 2017 06:46

mr_dja
ElGeordie
bitusa2012

I've been contemplating getting that box set for years and never managed to pull the trigger ($$$) even though I've been a Chris Rea fan since the early 90's. I think I must have found a similar listing to ElGeordie and I too put it in my cart and am now looking forward to delivery.

Get well soon Mr. Rea!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Likewise, I am sure 100% you will love this set.

Rod

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 13, 2017 09:17

So how's Chris Rea doing, anybody know? The only song of his I know is Stainsby Girls, but I'm a fan just based on that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home