Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Future Celebrity at Altamont?
Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: December 10, 2017 22:29

Don’t know if this was ever discussed before, and I could be wrong, but after watching Gimme Shelter for the hundredth time , at about 52:50, it seems to me that the women seeking contributions to the panther defense fund is Bonnie Franklin, aka Ms Ann Romano on the US 1975 sit com One Day at a time
She’s from the San Francisco area, this woman looks and sounds like her, and appears to be about the age Bonnie would be in 1969

Ironically her TV daughter, played by McKenzie Phillips was rumored to have slept with Mick Jagger in the 70s

What do you think?
Is it her?

[www.dropbox.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-10 22:36 by deardoctortake1.

Re: Future Celebrity at Altamont?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 10, 2017 22:39

I still wanna know if anyone ever got ta interview Harley the Altamont dog ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: December 10, 2017 22:51

Bonnie would have been in NYC trying to make it on Broadway. She was in the musical "Applause," which Wikipedia shows as opening in March of 1970. It takes some weeks of rehearsal before opening. Since Altamont was early December of 1969, it may be possible she was there, but did she have enough time to be involved in that cause? Also, she looked a little different in photos from her Applause days than the woman in that photo.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 10, 2017 23:14

deardoctortake1
She’s from the San Francisco area

I know it not always the pillar of accuracy, but Wikipedia has her born in Santa Monica, growing up in Beverly Hills and attending college first in Massachusetts, then back home at UCLA...and later, as noted, she was off to Broadway.

Doesn't sound like San Francisco was ever one of her stomping grounds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1160
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home