Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: SOME GIRLS BONUS DISC REVIEWS
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:41

proudmary
Erik_Snow
Eirik
Erik_Snow
In fact we shouldn't comment about anything at all, or share our opinions on anything either.

Haha, yes we should. But you seem to to be quite offending sometimes when people disagree with you, Erik. At least you have too agree on that one smiling smiley

What an absurd thing to say.

I do not really know are you joking or serious?

You can take a guess, proudmary

But it's true that I think Eirik is quite incorrect in his last post on page 3, which obviously was adressed to me.
You CAN say that a post is absurd if it's selfcontradictionary or if it throws out highly incorrect (insane) accusations. You can NOT say that somebody's *opinion* is absurd, but you can say that somebody's *post* is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-21 00:42 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:41

Erik_Snow
Eirik
Erik_Snow
In fact we shouldn't comment about anything at all, or share our opinions on anything either.

Haha, yes we should. But you seem to to be quite offending sometimes when people disagree with you, Erik. At least you have too agree on that one smiling smiley

What an absurd thing to say.

Doesn't work on me.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2011 10:10

Please do not get too personal and start fights about who said what etc here. It's only the Stones... there's no price for getting the final word in a discussion that does not bring anything new. I am talking about personal disputes here, not about the songs on the bonus disc. Please show respect to others. Ask yourself: "What can I do for others today", and not "me me me" centric all the time. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: November 21, 2011 11:01

proudmary
Wow!!!
All that just because I said that I like Don't Be A Stranger

No, you know exactly why.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 21, 2011 11:57

Vocalion
proudmary
Wow!!!

Sure I know - because I'm not the fan of Richards' book and vice versa the fan of SuperHeavy - the crime is even more inexcusable in this forum. Besides, I'm one of the few women in this men's club that dares to have an opinion and defend it.
By the way, there is now another thread about other new song, and then again people doubt from which year is Mick's vocals. And for some people it seems important -I would never say to all .
What is so terrible in my post to start a personal attack on me? I've read how someone called Jagger- "Mick Jagger T.T.T"(the tiny todger) - and nobody said a word to him. but me - Lord have mercy
But I love to argue so I probably even like it.

Posted by: mrD ()
Date: November 21, 2011 12:15

Just my 2 cents:
I just listened to the bonus tracks. twice. But it doesn't do it for me.
When I listen to the songs not one of them move me. I'm very disappointed with this bonus disc.

Brussels affair however, that one rocks and will be on repeat on the ipod for weeks.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2011 13:08

I'm one of the few women in this men's club that dares to have an opinion and defend it.

.... You GO Mary ... You Tell 'em ... Don't always agree with your views
but I reckon you contribute strongly to the site ...

Nothing at all to do with this thread but it is always a laugh
to watch certain people suck-up to their gang of followers when someone
dares disagree with them .....Hey Pal... Your on my side, now let's shoot 'em down..... BANG!!! cop that ...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 21, 2011 13:26

Rockman
I'm one of the few women in this men's club that dares to have an opinion and defend it.

Thanks, man. Well, we all need someone we can lean on

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2011 13:28

..... Stay strong....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 21, 2011 13:52

proudmary
Vocalion
proudmary
Wow!!!

Sure I know - because I'm not the fan of Richards' book and vice versa the fan of SuperHeavy - the crime is even more inexcusable in this forum. Besides, I'm one of the few women in this men's club that dares to have an opinion and defend it.
By the way, there is now another thread about other new song, and then again people doubt from which year is Mick's vocals. And for some people it seems important -I would never say to all .
What is so terrible in my post to start a personal attack on me? I've read how someone called Jagger- "Mick Jagger T.T.T"(the tiny todger) - and nobody said a word to him. but me - Lord have mercy
But I love to argue so I probably even like it.

Pfffff, yes that it, you've nailed it.

Date: November 21, 2011 13:58

Nothing at all to do with this thread but it is always a laugh
to watch certain people suck-up to their gang of followers when someone
dares disagree with them .....Hey Pal... Your on my side, now let's shoot 'em down..... BANG!!! cop that

Spoken like a true aristocrat "Rockman"

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 21, 2011 14:41

Some girls is not available in France today ????
we have to wait one extra week ...
does anybody know the reason ?

Date: November 21, 2011 15:03

djgab

Cause you allready have the best looking girls in the world.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 21, 2011 15:08

Vocalion
djgab

Do we really? [www.google.fr]

Date: November 21, 2011 15:13

dcba
Vocalion
djgab

Do we really? [www.google.fr]

YES!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 22, 2011 08:16

withsssoul, they changed the picture of the CD Case Set on the website to show two discs.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: November 22, 2011 10:32

Erik_Snow
Well that's a nonsense statement (proudmary's I mean). 2 people - or was it one - thought the 1977 vocals came from 2011; and several of us replied immediately that it wasn't the case. Did it have to take 200 "No that's not the case"-posts to satisfy proudmary?

Mmm, don't think I fully agree wih you about that Erik. More the opposite: most people who hadn't heard the '77 outtake were trapped into thinking it was '11 vocals. Reread the thread. A mixed bag (like the song).

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: November 22, 2011 10:39

Erik_Snow
Vocalion
proudmary
Eirik
Nice songs. Rock'n Roll, Blues, Country. I like the b-side version of So Young from Love Is Strong better, though. I don't know why you guys think the vocals on Don't Be A Stranger are so horrible ????? But the cd is so loud. Again...

Don't Be A Stranger is great and there are lots of good words about the song on the board. But people who hate all modern Jagger-related obviously hate Don't Be A Stranger too.
The irony is the fact that they can hardly distinguish the difference between 77 and 2011 vocals, say, on I Love You Too Much when they thought it's 2011's Jagger it was awful, then it was turned out to be 77 - and ok.
Both songs are very good and I love how Mick sings no matter what year

Nobody in this thread claims any such things....

Well that's a nonsense statement (proudmary's I mean). 2 people - or was it one - thought the 1977 vocals came from 2011; and several of us replied immediately that it wasn't the case. Did it have to take 200 "No that's not the case"-posts to satisfy proudmary?

I was one of those two people, but I never said the vocals I thought were from 2011 were awful. I love the track! After 40 spins, I still do.

Date: November 22, 2011 11:38

DandelionPowderman
I was one of those two people, but I never said the vocals I thought were from 2011 were awful. I love the track! After 40 spins, I still do.

Yeah it doesn't matter when you thought the vocals were recorded; the important thing is whether one likes the song and singing or not. Don't think many people "decides" to dislike a song or singing style depending on when it was recorded. That's like saying that other people have no taste of their own.
ANyway; please let's not start a discussion similiar to the previous one.....glad you like the song.

Date: November 22, 2011 12:25

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

Yeah it doesn't matter when you thought the vocals were recorded; the important thing is whether one likes the song and singing or not. Don't think many people "decides" to dislike a song or singing style depending on when it was recorded. That's like saying that other people have no taste of their own.
ANyway; please let's not start a discussion similiar to the previous one.....glad you like the song.

It was just a reply to proudmary, who put words in my mouth. I never said I didn't like Love You Too Much, I love it. In fact, it's one of the better on the album. So are many of the songs with new Jagger vocals.

Date: November 22, 2011 12:44

DandelionPowderman
It was just a reply to proudmary, who put words in my mouth. I never said I didn't like Love You Too Much, I love it. In fact, it's one of the better on the album. So are many of the songs with new Jagger vocals.

Aha - I get it, well, cheers

Date: November 22, 2011 12:54

DandelionPowderman

Do you like to argue with me and try to provoke me just for the fun of that?
I do not understand how "many people" means "DandelionPowderman, it is a bit self-centered of you, do not you think?
Still, I'm glad you like Love You Too Much. I like it too although not as much as Do You Think I Really Care

To Vocalion
I think you have to change the title of this thread from SG reviews to ProudMary's views reviews. Maybe I should in this case post my frontal nude photo for you guys to comment on my appearance too .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-22 13:20 by proudmary.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: November 22, 2011 13:07

I for myself appriciate the analyses of the bonus disc, I really do. What is old, what is new.. I know these Some Girls outtakes since the beginning 1980`s like many people on this board here. You all remember? I don`t know how much money I spent in bootlegs released every year to get Some Girls outtakes in better soundquality/ longer versions/new tracks/ different vocals and on and on..
A lot of fun to buy this bootleg stuff and a lot of money!! (remember the prices for LP or 2LP bootlegs). So in the end this one here is e real bargain. And for this "little" money (compared to what many people payed to the bootleggers) you get a record you can really listen to! Great soundquality, great songs and for me it works as a new album.
Jagger said an interesting thing about the EXILE-release: they didn`t want to release just a bunch of outtakes but an album you can listen to like a new album, just music. It worked with Exile very well (at least with the running order of the 2cd-set) and it works with the Some Girls bonus disc! If I just take the music as it is, don`t analyse whats old or new, I really enjoy this one.
Great! Heavy rotation!
Hope you can enjoy the music and have fun!

Tom

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: November 22, 2011 13:08

...very disappointing comments from those Stones fans (!?)..I have not receipt the disc yet (France) and I would like to read some interesting lines on the 12 tracks and not all these personnal fights without interest...B.V is right....

Date: November 22, 2011 15:30

I think you guys love it too much. You can't help it, but you love it too much. You can't help it, you just can't help it.

Date: November 22, 2011 22:44

proudmary
DandelionPowderman

Do you like to argue with me and try to provoke me just for the fun of that?
I do not understand how "many people" means "DandelionPowderman, it is a bit self-centered of you, do not you think?
Still, I'm glad you like Love You Too Much. I like it too although not as much as Do You Think I Really Care

To Vocalion
I think you have to change the title of this thread from SG reviews to ProudMary's views reviews. Maybe I should in this case post my frontal nude photo for you guys to comment on my appearance too .

Nah...

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: November 22, 2011 23:06

I'm listening to the bonus disc now, LOVING it, and enjoying it for what it is, not what it isn't or could've been. It's like having a brand new Stones album from their prime years!

This release is focussed and ultimately listenable, if it were laden down with too much content (like the Beatles anthology sets) I fear it would be a much less listenable and compelling album.

Jagger is clearly not a nerd who wants to cram every single version and take onto a disc, he's a perfectionist with a very clear vision, and that's what you're getting here. I applaud him for that and making this release something I'll spin all the time, rather than being some kind of geek curio that's only of historical interest.

This year has been utterly amazing for Stones releases. Just get into the groove and RELAX.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-22 23:07 by WorriedAboutYou.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 22, 2011 23:11

electricmud
I for myself appriciate the analyses of the bonus disc, I really do. What is old, what is new.. I know these Some Girls outtakes since the beginning 1980`s like many people on this board here. You all remember? I don`t know how much money I spent in bootlegs released every year to get Some Girls outtakes in better soundquality/ longer versions/new tracks/ different vocals and on and on..
A lot of fun to buy this bootleg stuff and a lot of money!! (remember the prices for LP or 2LP bootlegs). So in the end this one here is e real bargain. And for this "little" money (compared to what many people payed to the bootleggers) you get a record you can really listen to! Great soundquality, great songs and for me it works as a new album.
Jagger said an interesting thing about the EXILE-release: they didn`t want to release just a bunch of outtakes but an album you can listen to like a new album, just music. It worked with Exile very well (at least with the running order of the 2cd-set) and it works with the Some Girls bonus disc! If I just take the music as it is, don`t analyse whats old or new, I really enjoy this one.
Great! Heavy rotation!
Hope you can enjoy the music and have fun!

Tom

thumbs up this is a great new album

thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 22, 2011 23:11

Vocalion
Claudine

fast version, you can listen to it at Ron Woods Radio Show

So Young

New version, vocals are a blend of 1977 - 1994 - 2011 IMO

Do You Really Think I Really Care

2011 upfront vocals and a very small Ian Stwart solo thing.

When You're Gone

2011 vocals blown thru an old mic at the beginning (or some sort of effect)

No Spare Parts

You can listen to it on IORR

Don't Be A Stranger

New HORRIBLE 2011 vocals (Sexy Eyes / Lucky in Love bootleg titles)

We Had It All

Not the same vocals as from the well know boot version, GREAT GREAT GREAT!

Tallahassee Lassie

Some Nice Jagger vocals, quite RAW, it's from RCA 1978, Very nice!

I Love You Too Much

You can listen to it on IORR

Keep Up Blues

NEVER HEARD BEFORE version of Some People Tell me. Vocals + harmonica are 2011
The "That's It" at the very end is still there, but different.

You Win Again

2011 Vocals, back-up vocals are nice (Mick and MAYBE far far away some old once
from Keith)

Petrol Blues

Original Vocals! Piano error not present anymore. Cut after 1:36

Vocals are not so bad as on Exile, Jaggers 2011 Vocals work a bit better on
this Some Girls Bonus Disc.

thanks for that great vocally focused review. Nice. Now someone needs to do the same for the music dubs and such. Very nice. peace.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 24, 2011 06:48

I've been listening to Some Girls in my car the last couple days and I think overall they did a great job with this re-issue. Even though they "touched up" these previously unreleased bootleg tracks with extra/new vocals, etc, I like the choice of tunes and the sequencing making this, in my estimation a better listening experience than the Exile release. These songs seem to flow and fit better, and as WorriedAboutYou noted above, it's like having a brand new album of Stones material from their prime years. Once again, thank you Mick & company for opening up the vaults!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home