Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Johnny Thunders ?
Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:29

Did Keef have any friendship with Thunders? Did they even meet each other ?
Anything ?
Cheers

Re: Johnny Thunders ?
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 05:34

He did know Johnny a bit. There's a story about Keith running into Jerry Nolan on the street late one night in NYC shortly after Johnny's death and offering him encouragement to keep on.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: November 16, 2011 05:41

The only thing I know is on one video I saw on YouTube Thunders say something like: Keith call me.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: November 16, 2011 07:28

Thunders and his then-girlfriend, Janis, met Keith at a bar called Nobody's in N.Y. in the late '60's and kept the cigarette pack Keith left behind....or so the story goes in the bios. Johnny would have to have been really young then since he was only 21 when the Dolls recorded their first album in '73. I think at that point in time, at the top of his game, guitar-wise and still somewhat innocent (look at the old footage!) he was definitely the coolest 21-year-old on the planet.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:20

Johnny Thunders was one of the few genuine Rock'n'Rollers...everything about him is picked from the R'n'B-bible...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-16 08:23 by Come On.

Date: November 16, 2011 09:08

Page was a fan.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:34

i am a fan!

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:38

New York Dolls, right? I've never listened to them before, but I will. To be honest, their debut album cover freaks me out a little bit. grinning smiley

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:44

Keith and Johnny had a close mutual buddy called smack smiling smiley

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:46

humanriff77
Keith and Johnny had a close mutual buddy called smack smiling smiley

yeah, and cocaine...

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:59

yorkey
New York Dolls, right? I've never listened to them before, but I will. To be honest, their debut album cover freaks me out a little bit. grinning smiley

That's the point, yorkey! ... You're in for a treat.

Posted by: pagodapete ()
Date: November 16, 2011 13:35

Great artist, too bad he's gone

[youtu.be]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 16, 2011 13:49

I saw Johnny in 1989 at the Catclub in NYC. He looked clean and he played an hour long gig!! The show was pretty good.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: November 16, 2011 14:14

One of the most overrated "musicians" in history. Terrible guitarist, horrific singer, and clumsy, mawkish, juvenile lyricist.

Date: November 16, 2011 14:18

WorriedAboutYou
One of the most overrated "musicians" in history. Terrible guitarist, horrific singer, and clumsy, mawkish, juvenile lyricist.

Well Have a swell time together with your Phil Collins records....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 15:13

WorriedAboutYou

Complete bollocks 3-0 for Johnny

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: November 16, 2011 16:10

Johnny was a fabulous trainwreck and I love every bit of Mr Genzale s work! So sorry I missed every seeing him. The opening chords on Born to Lose still make me smile

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: November 16, 2011 18:09

WorriedAboutYou

Some people (not me of course) say the same things about JT's idol, Keith Richards....

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 16, 2011 18:38

Rode in a car with him and some acquaintances once from The Venue in London to a nightclub in Covent Garden. A nice guy but boy was he out of it.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 18:43

Good musician but too much Keith revering and posing for me. The hair, clothes, etc.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 16, 2011 22:00

The world is full of Keith Richards wanna-be's...but out of all the Keith Richards wanna be's..Johnny Thunders was the best.

And I'm a fan...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-16 22:00 by seitan.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 16, 2011 22:34

Am I the only one to remember that dodgy NYC late 70's drug scoring story involving Keith Johnny and JT's girlfriend.
The trio ends up in front an abandoned building/dealer's HQ and JT says to Keith "hey man you ain't gonna enter this sh!thole. Gimme your money I'll go inside and buy your H for you". Keith says OK gives his drug money to JT.

Keith and JT's girlfriend are on the side walk and wait and wait... till she tells him : "Keith I gotta tell you I know Johnny and he's gonna try to rip you off . If I were you I'd be on my guard".
So Keith walks around the building and sees JT climbing out of a rear windown trying to amscray with Keith's H...

Date: November 16, 2011 22:42

Never heard that one. Source?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 17, 2011 03:06

And how did that story end?
Never heard as well ..

Date: November 17, 2011 10:22

If you haven't heard Thunders you haven't heard Rock'n'roll...if you haven't seen the Lightnin you haven't heard the Blues...If you haven't heard the Blues you haven't found life...I heard Platon said that...If you don't have L.A.M.F. among your records you have no collection, I said that...

smoking smileycool smileydrinking smileycool smileysmoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:31

Now you're talking, Come on ! winking smiley

Date: November 17, 2011 10:57

It's funny, anybody who says "I think Johnny Thunders was a big hoax, couldn't sing, terrible Keith wannabe bla bla bla" (not my opion, N.B.) ALWAYS gets the "well good for you. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STEELY DAN/DOOBIE BROTHERS/EAGLE RECORDS", I'm just like,maybe they, just like me, actually LIKE Steely Dan etc?! I lLIKE both Thunders and SD...

It's just a thought. A Creedence Clearwater Revival woulda put it.

Date: November 17, 2011 12:03

But admit it's a bit tougher wandering around with 'So Alone' under your arm then something by Steely Dan...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: November 17, 2011 12:54

Come On
But admit it's a bit tougher wandering around with 'So Alone' under your arm then something by Steely Dan...smoking smiley

Walking around with records under your arm aint that tough really, unless you're under 18...

Date: November 17, 2011 14:12

pagodapete
Come On

Walking around with records under your arm aint that tough really, unless you're under 18...

Yeah, with this one:

grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home