Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT American Music Awards 2017
Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: November 20, 2017 03:28

On TV tonight. I must be gettin’ old. I only know/recognize Diana Ross. Don’t know any of the other artists. I guess that’s what happens when you grow up with The Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-20 04:28 by KingmanBarstow.

Re: American Music Awards 2017
Date: November 20, 2017 04:01

[m.youtube.com]

I’ll give it up - perhaps the last great R&R performance on an awards show?

You guys will have more stuff, I’m sure. Please submit (or FAX!).

Re: OT American Music Awards 2017
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 04:48

KingmanBarstow
On TV tonight. I must be gettin’ old. I only know/recognize Diana Ross. Don’t know any of the other artists. I guess that’s what happens when you grow up with The Stones!

I feel the same... but that's ok

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 05:18

KingmanBarstow
[m.youtube.com]

Believe it or not, this performance was key in making me a Stones fan. I caught it on TV when I was 15 and was just blown away by how much effortless cool they exuded. I bought Voodoo Lounge and Hot Rocks, and the rest is history.

Date: November 20, 2017 05:26

keefriff99
KingmanBarstow
[m.youtube.com]

Believe it or not, this performance was key in making me a Stones fan. I caught it on TV when I was 15 and was just blown away by how much effortless cool they exuded. I bought Voodoo Lounge and Hot Rocks, and the rest is history.

Good for you!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 10:22

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-20 10:23 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 10:24

keefriff99

Effortless Cool...great expression. You should trademark it! You got great taste, and a way with words!

Rod

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 20, 2017 21:53

The AMA's peaked in 1984 with Madonna, Prince, Springsteen. Prince brought down the house, live. Then they walked across the street and created 'We Are The World'.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 20, 2017 22:27

bitusa2012
keefriff99

Effortless Cool...great expression. You should trademark it! You got great taste, and a way with words!

Yep! Have to agree. Keith and those leg kicks, though....a bit like a spastic crane. grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 22:53

latebloomer
bitusa2012
keefriff99

Yep! Have to agree. Keith and those leg kicks, though....a bit like a spastic crane. grinning smiley
I just love the contrasts between Keith and Ronnie in their long duster jackets, Mick in the Baron Samedi costume, and Charlie in the back drumming in a full suit and tie.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 20, 2017 23:22

When Mick was walking down the aisle the curly haired guy with his hands on his hips was a member of Minnie Vanilli.

He must have felt like a little imposter being in the company of a band that actually sang and played their music!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 21, 2017 23:33

Diana Ross deserved the AMA Lifetime Achievement Award. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

The Rolling Stones should receive the AMA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018!hot smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home