Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Remixing Requests
Posted by: neylon79 ()
Date: November 11, 2011 17:36

I was just thinking the other day, if you could request 3 stones albums be remixed as well as remastered, what would they be? Fantasy world, you can pick your own producers, dead, alive, from 30-40 years ago. I say that because many hate Don Was' style, so imagine you could have anyone do it.

My choices-
1.Steel Wheels. I often think this album has very good songs on it, but the production was so 80s, too bright, too crisp.
2.Satanic Majesties- The stones first self-produced work, and it's pretty muddy and like Steel Wheels, it sounds like its era.
3.Between the buttons- pretty much the same as TSMR.

Matt

Re: Remixing Requests
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 11, 2011 17:40

majesties and buttons sound just fine as they are...steel wheels' probs go well beyond production issues....

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 11, 2011 17:46

Goat's Head Soup. Way too muddy. It needs brightening up. Some top to bring out some of those gorgeous Mick Taylor solos.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 11, 2011 18:20

Silver Dagger
Goat's Head Soup. Way too muddy. It needs brightening up. Some top to bring out some of those gorgeous Mick Taylor solos.

Agree 100%, and add IORR, it is also a way too muddy ...

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: November 11, 2011 20:40

Between The Buttons would benefit greatly from remixing. Many great soundscapes went lost when they bounced-down the tracks. The boots with instrumentals proove it.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 11, 2011 22:03

I'd like to hear Dirty Work totally re-mixed to remove the 80s sound from it. It might then be more listenable. Ditto Steel Wheels.

Albums from the 60s and 70s sound more contemporary and timeless than these two.

Satanic and BTB (UK version) I'd leave as they are. Both sound of their era (as do SW and DW) but that era was not the late 80s.

Nuff said.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 12, 2011 00:33

RobertJohnson
Silver Dagger

Agree 100%, and add IORR, it is also a way too muddy ...

Right. GHS and IORR could use a Bob Clearmountain makeover. Perhaps if they ever do deluxe versions of these they could add an extra "Redux" disc for each one....

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: November 12, 2011 01:11

Would love to hear an updated Steel Wheels.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: November 12, 2011 23:36

Redo all the ping pong stereo mixes.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 13, 2011 10:21

I wish someone would remix Undercover - it wont safe the album from shitty songs, but at least it would do some justice...

Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: November 13, 2011 22:50

I would like to hear what Rick Rubin and Bob Clearmountain could do for Steel Wheels and Dirty Work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2209
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home