Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paul Weller comments on Keith's and Ronnie's clothing
Posted by: BobK ()
Date: November 11, 2011 15:08

From an interview on Shortlist:

What are some of the common style errors men make today?
Weller: "Two-piece suits with trainers. I’m not having that at all. It seems to be a bit of an old, 60s rock-star thing. You see Ronnie Wood, Keith [Richards] and Macca doing it. I don’t know if it’s just that you get to that age and think, “God. I just want to wear something comfortable.” Hopefully it’ll never happen to me, because there are certain things you just shouldn’t do. Tracksuits have their place in the gym, but day-to-day and on the high street? Nah, I’m not having that either."

Are you tempted to follow Keith Richards and write a memoir?
Weller: "I get asked to do one every year and I just don’t think I’m old enough to write one. The good thing about Keith and Bob Dylan was that they waited until their 60s. That’s quite nice, because you’ve got more of an overview. God willing, if I’m still here in 10 years’ time, I’ll do it."

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/music/paul-weller

Re: Paul Weller comments on Keith's and Ronnie's clothing
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 11, 2011 15:16

Too bloody right. Trainers and suits looks crap. Bring back platform boots!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 11, 2011 15:41

forget it. Sneakers are now an established accessory in their own right in every major apparel and accessories brand in trhe world. In fact it is probably their most profitable and growth oriented product category. Even women's dress shoe brands have a dedicated sneaker product line either in development or launched....Paul Weller is out of touch.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 11, 2011 15:56

One thing is for sure - you'd never see Charlie in a suit with trainers.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 11, 2011 16:01

Rip This
forget it. Sneakers are now an established accessory in their own right in every major apparel and accessories brand in trhe world. In fact it is probably their most profitable and growth oriented product category. Even women's dress shoe brands have a dedicated sneaker product line either in development or launched....Paul Weller is out of touch.

Don't make me laugh. If anything, Weller is not out of touch when it comes to clothing and fashion.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 11, 2011 16:04

z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-12 00:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: November 11, 2011 16:05

Not that it matters, but I have never seen Ron, Keith, or Macca in a tracksuit. What the hell is he talking about?

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: November 11, 2011 16:06

Can someone post a picture of either Keith or Ronnie wearing 2piece suits with trainers? Because I've never seen one.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 11, 2011 16:10

2 1 2 0

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 11, 2011 16:11

theimposter
Not that it matters, but I have never seen Ron, Keith, or Macca in a tracksuit. What the hell is he talking about?

I think that last bit may have been a general comment...as Mick said at a Sheffield concert..."There's so many fit people here...everybody's wearing tracksuits..(ha ha)"............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-11 16:13 by EddieByword.

Date: November 11, 2011 16:19

DiscoVolante
Can someone post a picture of either Keith or Ronnie wearing 2piece suits with trainers? Because I've never seen one.

I bet this is the closest we get

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 11, 2011 16:25

odd ain't it he don't mention hair-style errors.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 11, 2011 18:21

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 16:03 by vudicus.

Date: November 11, 2011 18:27

Carnaby
Rip This

Don't make me laugh. If anything, Weller is not out of touch when it comes to clothing and fashion.

just because someone puts a pink satin pocket square in their lapel jacket doesn't make them an authority. I'm telling you what an entire world wide industry thinks, and executes. Every Lanvin sneaker in every color is shipped to Ronnie Woods house that he wants and if Lanvin has a choice of who they want out there on the streets getting photographed they're picking Ronnie Wood over Paul Weller every day of the week and then some...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 11, 2011 18:28

Natlanta
odd ain't it he don't mention hair-style errors.

Good one, LOL!

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 12, 2011 00:04

Rip This
Carnaby
Rip This

just because someone puts a pink satin pocket square in their lapel jacket doesn't make them an authority. I'm telling you what an entire world wide industry thinks, and executes. Every Lanvin sneaker in every color is shipped to Ronnie Woods house that he wants and if Lanvin has a choice of who they want out there on the streets getting photographed they're picking Ronnie Wood over Paul Weller every day of the week and then some...

OK, I'm with you, it is my tendency to defend the Stones. But, saying Weller is out of touch with Mod fashion...

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 12, 2011 00:15

Paul Weller? who's he to be comparing himself with true rock and roll legends? he better write his book now while there are still a handful of people interested in reading it...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 12, 2011 02:44

Elvis and Diana attend............... Sir Paul & Lady McCartney's New York wedding celibration

ROCKMAN

Date: November 12, 2011 03:32

thanks Rockman...Elvis os wearing Lanvin sneakers

Date: November 12, 2011 10:33

Paul Weller is a twat and all these 40 somethings that still revere him as the Modfather are even bigger twats.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home