Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just found on YouTube: The Rolling Stones - Live East Troy 89 - 2nd night
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 19, 2017 15:20

Probably already circulating and seen by most of you (they're new to me), but since I stumble onto them, thought would be nice to share:

The Rolling Stones - Live East Troy 89 - 2nd night

The Rolling Stones - Live Toronto 1989 - First show - Excellent proshot

The Rolling Stones - Live East Troy 89 - 3rd night

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-19 15:55 by maumau.

Re: Just found on YouTube: The Rolling Stones - Live East Troy 89 - 2nd night
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: October 19, 2017 16:25

WOW! I was there for the second night. We traveled on a chartered bus from Western Michigan. It took forever. When we left it was hot and dry but by the time we got around the lake to Alpine Valley it was cold and rainy. It took forever to get back home too. All in all a 24 hour undertaking.

What was particularly cool was they crammed as much of the Steels Wheels stage into that shed as they could which wasn't much as it turned out. It looked great but we had no point of reference until we saw the whole thing the following week, outdoors, in St. Louis. In those days there was no instant YouTube videos to spoil the surprise. :-)

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: October 19, 2017 23:54

Thanks for posting this. I wondered if the Stones used the Steel Wheels stage at East Troy (and if so, how did they do it?) Great performances and some rare songs at these East Troy shows.

(And what a setup Keith is using: a Mesa/Boogie Mark III head, two Marshall 1987 50w reissue heads, and an original 1957 Fender Twin and a 1956 Fender Bassman running thru some Mesa Boogie cabinets.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 02:33 by stevecardi.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 20, 2017 13:49

Pretty cool , I just watched a little bit of the pro shot from Toronto.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home