Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 29
Re: Stones to jam in studio this month
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 10, 2011 13:46

DandelionPowderman
Thommie
In my ears it sounds like Jagger is still pissed of Richards. And this is Richards' try to put the preasure on Jagger to join or split the band.

How can you read that from what Keith says??

Just Mick is missing. But "he's welcome" sounds like a stretched and appellant hand from Keith.

Date: November 10, 2011 13:55

Thommie
DandelionPowderman
Thommie
In my ears it sounds like Jagger is still pissed of Richards. And this is Richards' try to put the preasure on Jagger to join or split the band.

How can you read that from what Keith says??

Just Mick is missing. But "he's welcome" sounds like a stretched and appellant hand from Keith.

He also said "I'm sure he'll be there".

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 10, 2011 13:57

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: November 10, 2011 14:12

Keith's statement means everything is as good as it could possibly be under
current circumstances. Keith along with Ronnie are going to have to be the
driving force for this tour if it is to happen, and they are stepping up to the
plate, months ahead of any deadline. If Keith can assemble a decent enough
version of his band, his singer is not going to spoil the party, even if his
singer has other involvements as well...

This all seems smart. There is no way for this 50th version of the Stones to be
credible if it is not led by Keith.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 10, 2011 14:20

Rockman
..... and T BONE BURNETT would have ta be one of the most boring producers around ...

I'm similarly unimpressed myself.

I love this inspired logic of 'lets throw the names of a few random famous producers into a big hat, pick one out and assume he'll be able to make the Stones come up with a brilliant record'.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 10, 2011 14:38

chriseganstar
this news has got to be better than them not playing together at all

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 10, 2011 15:13

24FPS
Mick's voice is not going to magically revert to 1968. Some people, and you know who you are, do nothing but bitch about how his voice is nasal and mannered. I don't hear it, but you must have incredible ears. I just heard the updated Plundered My Soul and Sophia Loren and they were magnificient. The only jarring thing is the female background singers, which they never used in the old days except for the choir on YCAGWYW. .

They're on plenty of songs on Exile - which makes their inclusion on the bonus Exile songs totally appropriate.

Date: November 10, 2011 15:37

C'mon, Gazza, be serious who counts Tumbling Dice, Loving Cup, Just Wanna See His Face, Let It Loose, All Down the Line, Shine a Light, and Soul Survivor as EXILE songs? Next you'll be telling us there were female background singers on Salt of the Earth.

Re: OK, here it is finally! (STONES TO JAM this month!!!)
Date: November 10, 2011 15:45

Rip This
Some Girls deluxe has some great new tunes on it...they'd be stupid not to show up and do a surprise gig or TV appearance in the next few weeks and really turn the PR machine on...Talahassee Lassie is a perfect tune to push...Claudine...So Young...even Keep Up Blues..terrific.

You mean like they did for Exile? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 10, 2011 15:52

RnT
There was a really great version of 'Miss You,' which is almost jazz," Richards says of one surprise the band found in the vault. "Mick didn't like his vocal on that. I would have loved to put that on, just because it's so different from the other one. But at the same time Mick said, 'No, I'm not cutting it.' The same would happen to me. … We go into a couple things like that, then we just look at each other and go, 'Oh, what a shame.'

It seems like they have actually been working together on the SG-reissue. If so, that would be a positive sign, wouldn't it?

Remember, this is the same Mick that though Streets Of Love was a great single to kick off the Bang album, among a lot of other strange decisions he's made over the past, oh, since 1985.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 16:25

It looks like the last way to save the band.
Keith is now playing the fireman just after beeing the arsonist.

If Mick don't show up at the rehearsals, you know what it means...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 10, 2011 16:36

Massimo68
It looks like the last way to save the band.
Keith is now playing the fireman just after beeing the arsonist.

If Mick don't show up at the rehearsals, you know what it means...

That he's not gonna pee on the fire?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 10, 2011 16:38

24FPS
Mick's voice is not going to magically revert to 1968. Some people, and you know who you are, do nothing but bitch about how his voice is nasal and mannered. I don't hear it, but you must have incredible ears. I just heard the updated Plundered My Soul and Sophia Loren and they were magnificient. The only jarring thing is the female background singers, which they never used in the old days except for the choir on YCAGWYW. I'm assuming you will not be attending any new concerts or buying any new album, or listening to the update SG tracks or any others in the future where the nasal, mannered Mick Jagger dares to put down vocals. Good luck being miserable.

i don't need any luck. misery is my middle name...actually comes from my mother's side of the family, going back to the famine days in ireland...the luck of the irish, but that's not relevant here...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 10, 2011 16:40

Strange words from the grumpy one, but these are strange times.

Please, please, please no new overdubs on 1960's recordings!!! angry smiley

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: November 10, 2011 16:42

Maybe Edward will show up. My roommate used to have this album.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 10, 2011 16:44

if you go back and read some of the quotes re: Some Girls recordings from timeisonourside...they are somewhat similar to these new developments...they went into the studo just to play....both key principles had ideas and riffs and what came from those sessions...well...the best thing since Exile for real....I'm not saying they are cutting a record...but I don't see how their willingness to jam with each other could be a bad thing or over analyzed to the extent that people think the glimmers are still fighting. Mick already admitted to having worked with Charlie recently....it's all good....

Date: November 10, 2011 16:48

Rip This
if you go back and read some of the quotes re: Some Girls recordings from timeisonourside...they are somewhat similar to these new developments...they went into the studo just to play....both key principles had ideas and riffs and what came from those sessions...well...the best thing since Exile for real....I'm not saying they are cutting a record...but I don't see how their willingness to jam with each other could be a bad thing or over analyzed to the extent that people think the glimmers are still fighting. Mick already admitted to having worked with Charlie recently....it's all good....

it's obviously gonna be the best stones ever....

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 10, 2011 16:51

If it's true (I am highly sceptical about what the press is writing) it is really exiting.
Apart probably from those Palthe Marconi sessions, I do not recall any other moment in history
when those three members got together with the sole intention to jam.

The worst thing about Mick not being there, is that he won't be able to bring his camera to
give us a glimpse of what's happening.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 10, 2011 16:55

Keith wants to lube the engine, and though Mick plays piano and geetar,
Richards don't need the vocalist yet. Besides, everyone knows he's
auditioning Ron.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 10, 2011 16:59

I don't think this could be anything other than good news.

Keith realizes if anything is going to happen, he has to start it, as I think Mick is indifferent at the moment.

With that said, he won't ultimately be the fly in the ointment and Keith knows it.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 10, 2011 17:07

StonesTod
Rip This

that's heresy

Date: November 10, 2011 17:07

treaclefingers
With that said, he won't ultimately be the fly in the ointment and Keith knows it.

yep, that's ronnie's job...or at least his song....

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 10, 2011 17:19

There was a really great version of 'Miss You,' which is almost jazz," Richards says of one surprise the band found in the vault. "Mick didn't like his vocal on that. I would have loved to put that on, just because it's so different from the other one.

In the videos I've seen , I didn't recall in which one, Charlie tried once with Bernard Fowler and it was pretty good.

Here's the mix from the video

Miss You Jazz Mix 90's

HMN

Date: November 10, 2011 17:22

Rip This
StonesTod
Rip This

that's heresy

and one day it will be hearsay...that'll make it hearsay heresy

This morning on my Bloomberg news alert...more rumors Rolling Stones to Reunite?
Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: November 10, 2011 15:16

Nov. 10 (Telegraph) -- Guitarist Keith Richards adds to
rumours that the Rolling Stones might reunite for their 50th
anniversary.
Keith Richards has said that rock ‘n’ roll legends the
Rolling Stones might reunite.
Talking to Rolling Stone magazine, Richards said that three
of the four band members are planning to begin rehearsing
together, but that he wasn’t so sure about frontman Mick Jagger:
“We’re just going to play a little together, because we haven’t
played for three or four years. You don’t necessarily want to
rehearse or write anything – you just want to touch bases. That’
a good start: me, Charlie [Watts] and Ronnie [Wood].”
There have been tensions between Richards and Jagger in the
past, but Richards expects the singer to arrive on the scene at
some point: “Mick’s welcome, and I’m sure he’ll turn up, but
right now we just want to get our chops down.”
The guitarist, who was the inspiration for Johnny Depp’s
character Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean
film franchise, said that he wants to get the band performing
live to celebrate their 50th anniversary. “The idea is there. We kind of know we should do it, but
nobody’s put their finger on the moment yet,” he said.
Jagger also revealed recently that he had been writing with
the Stones in mind: “I mean, when I write, I go, ‘Yeah, that
could be a good Stones tune’ or, ‘That’s not really going to wor
for that’.
“I did some sessions with Charlie recently where I just
played some songs I’d written, and of course I wrote more when h
was there.”
The only thing that has been confirmed so far, is the
reissue of the album Some Girls from 1978, which will be release
on the 21 November. The band were formed in April 1962 and playe
their first gig in July that year.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 10, 2011 17:30

marcovandereijk
The worst thing about Mick not being there, is that he won't be able to bring his camera to give us a glimpse of what's happening.

Then let's kill two birds with one Stone (pardon the pun) and bring in Wyman.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 17:31

i think its positive news. if jagger dont play ball and join them in the studio then he will be the big bad wolf in the eyes of the fans, so its pressure on him, the other 3 obviously want to kick start some sort of stones operation, so bring it on.

Re: OK, here it is finally! (STONES TO JAM this month!!!)
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: November 10, 2011 17:33

steffiestones
"Was wants to tackle Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed or Sticky Fingers soon".
Thats good news!

Kinda makes me wonder why Was would do that considering ABKCO owns a majority of those songs.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2011 17:37

Yeah, if Keith really wants to kick the tires he might as well invite Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman, now that would be something!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 10, 2011 17:47

WOOT!!!!!!!! I come on IORR for the first time in days and this is the news? God damnit life is good. Prob. some Stones next year and a new GTA as well. When and where will this jam take place?

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home