Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: How Did Keith Kick Heroin?
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 29, 2017 23:05

NWSooner
Nate
Evolution has been proven by science and it is science that searches and finds answers.
When I say I do not need to provide evidence and you should I am obviously referring to your statement saying that a creator exists.
If I claim to know that fairies and unicorns exist and then I challenge someone to disprove my theory then I would be considered to be mentally ill and rightfully so.
It is science that put man on the moon it is science that discovers new medical advances and it is science that will give us answers to many questions ahead.
When you have the head of the Catholic Church saying as he did that aids is bad but condoms are worse then that is evil.
I am not at all surprised when you say on this thread that it was Christian faith that helped Keith Richards kick his drug abuse habit because the religious love to hijack someone doing a good thing and claim it as the work of god but when something terrible happens for example a child with a terminal illness then we hear statements from the religious that say things like god works in mysterious ways and the child will have better luck in the afterlife.

You can not take religion a la carte

I would be happy to bump into you at a Stones gig and buy you a drink too.

Nate

Nate, one final point I'd like to make, you are certainly aware that there are plenty of well educated and respected scientists that don't believe science proves evolution, in fact quite the contrary, right? Believe me I know plenty of people and consider them friends that take a similar position as yours so I get it. Secondly, I'm a Presbyterian and generally speaking disagree with most everything coming out of the Roman Catholic Church, especially these days.

Lastly, I've only seen the boys 13 times, hopefully they make one more trip to the Pacific Northwest before they quit or pass on or perhaps Vegas, seen them twice there already, would be cool to meet and talk about things on which we agree, like our love for The Stones. You ever been to Portland/Seattle?

NWSooner

The percentage of scientists who accept evolution is in the 99% range but you probably already know this.

I consider all religions to be equally bad given that they favour faith over evidence.Not all religions are equally bad all of the time the world obviously has a very serious problem with one in particular at the moment.

I have never been to Portland Seattle I hope to see much more of America someday as ever since I was a small child I have had an endless fascination with the states but unfortunately I have a permanent exclusion from entering the states I hope to be able fix this with the help of some good lawyers.

I hope we all get to see the Stones hit the road again.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 31, 2017 17:27

Science is an fascinating endeavor.

Science investigates difficult questions about unknown fields, and scientists are human, so it is inevitable that scientific findings will not be perfect. However, science works by investigating more and more, which means results get checked and rechecked with further findings. The reason some findings change is because they get corrected. This process of correction helps make science one of the most successful areas of human endeavor.

The people who cannot be trusted are those who are always right.

Science does not and cannot explain the longevity, nor the popularity, of The Rolling Stones.

Have faith in The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 31, 2017 18:23

How do we know that Keith isn't on Methadone for all theses years?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 31, 2017 20:54

He mainlined as well but mainly skinpopping.

Are those marks on his leg? He did inject between his toes. And there are some pic(s) of him with needle mark on a vein (arm). How did he get clean? Methadone in order too get and stay clean for the 1981 tour. He was the new Keith by 1981. It shows.

Date: March 31, 2017 21:01

Date: March 31, 2017 21:05

Redhotcarpet
He mainlined as well but mainly skinpopping.

Are those marks on his leg? He did inject between his toes. And there are some pic(s) of him with needle mark on a vein (arm). How did he get clean? Methadone in order too get and stay clean for the 1981 tour. He was the new Keith by 1981. It shows.

The are muscles in his legs as well...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 31, 2017 21:23

Redhotcarpet

Looking at this picture, Keith's what, 37 years old and ravaged, just brings to mind what a miracle it is that Keith is still with us.

Redhotcarpet, i seem to remember you saying that Keith continued using way past 77' when he claims to have kicked Heroin. Could you share where you got that information from ?

Date: March 31, 2017 23:21

Various sources including his memoirs, Bockris, some interview from 1980 etc. The official story wasnt 1977 but 1978 with the black box. He did it in steps i guess. Starting with at least a serious attempt at Micks house in 1978. Users seldom just give up heroin. I bet the real kick in the arse was Mick having enough of Keiths habit and his partly new energy and ego from gradually quitting smack for good in 1979/1980. In some interviews like the famous bearded Mick from 1980 he sure seems to be on smack. He is a completely new person by 1981. And noone here knows how hard that relapse or dabble in 1997 was but i would think it was a little more than just a taste. "Just a taste" is almost never true. I dont know what Bockris knew but i guess he thinks it was a bit more than a sniff. I had a theory based on his appearence in 1997 but that was just a theory based on his admitted taste. I think he is more or less bound by contract to only talk about really hard drugs in his past and always portray himself as the survivour. PR.

Date: March 31, 2017 23:25

stone4ever
Redhotcarpet

Looking at this picture, Keith's what, 37 years old and ravaged, just brings to mind what a miracle it is that Keith is still with us.

It's amazing even if heroin was the "only" drug he quit. It's not like he suddenly had to live a "boring" clean life in the suburbs.

Date: March 31, 2017 23:32

Were lucky he wasnt a mainliner. He seems to be a calculating individual. Careful even. Interesting.

Date: March 31, 2017 23:49

Redhotcarpet
Various sources including his memoirs, Bockris, some interview from 1980 etc. The official story wasnt 1977 but 1978 with the black box. He did it in steps i guess. Starting with at least a serious attempt at Micks house in 1978. Users seldom just give up heroin. I bet the real kick in the arse was Mick having enough of Keiths habit and his partly new energy and ego from gradually quitting smack for good in 1979/1980. In some interviews like the famous bearded Mick from 1980 he sure seems to be on smack. He is a completely new person by 1981. And noone here knows how hard that relapse or dabble in 1997 was but i would think it was a little more than just a taste. "Just a taste" is almost never true. I dont know what Bockris knew but i guess he thinks it was a bit more than a sniff. I had a theory based on his appearence in 1997 but that was just a theory based on his admitted taste. I think he is more or less bound by contract to only talk about really hard drugs in his past and always portray himself as the survivour. PR.

Thanks for the info Redhotcarpet. Its fascinating isn't it, like you said, he only gave up Heroin, he still did Coke up to 06' and to this day he still drinks like a fish on and off. When he had the head injury and his life was in the balance, all i could think was damn if he dies from an accident we will never know if he got away with all his consumption. I know he hit the bottle bad in 07' it was clear to see, and thank god he got over his personal problems and Patti recovered brilliantly.
I read once that he had a near lethal bout of alcoholism around about 1980 but to this day i have never heard anything else about it, think that might have been in the Victor Bockris book, not sure.
The most chilling cryptic message from Keith was this story in Life when Mick was supposed to get hold of some coke for him and Keith just after Keith got clean from heroin in 78' 79' . Well Mick turns up with heroin because he can't get hold of any coke, so Keith goes like well that's no good to me is it. Humm.

Date: April 1, 2017 00:13

stone4ever
Redhotcarpet

Thanks for the info Redhotcarpet. Its fascinating isn't it, like you said, he only gave up Heroin, he still did Coke up to 06' and to this day he still drinks like a fish on and off. When he had the head injury and his life was in the balance, all i could think was damn if he dies from an accident we will never know if he got away with all his consumption. I know he hit the bottle bad in 07' it was clear to see, and thank god he got over his personal problems and Patti recovered brilliantly.
I read once that he had a near lethal bout of alcoholism around about 1980 but to this day i have never heard anything else about it, think that might have been in the Victor Bockris book, not sure.
The most chilling cryptic message from Keith was this story in Life when Mick was supposed to get hold of some coke for him and Keith just after Keith got clean from heroin in 78' 79' . Well Mick turns up with heroin because he can't get hold of any coke, so Keith goes like well that's no good to me is it. Humm.

That heroin deal happened in 1980...

Date: April 1, 2017 01:21

Redhotcarpet
stone4ever
Redhotcarpet

That heroin deal happened in 1980...

Sorry my memory is poor with dates but i remember what was said. Well yeah 1980, makes no difference it wasn't a nice thing to do to a friend. Could have been the end of keith.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 1, 2017 01:54

The story, according to Keith, is that Mick was supposed buy coke but really bought heroin. Sounds far-fetched on many levels.

Date: April 1, 2017 01:57

wonderboy
The story, according to Keith, is that Mick was supposed buy coke but really bought heroin. Sounds far-fetched on many levels.

Why on earth would he make something up like that.

Date: April 1, 2017 02:11

Mick accidently bought heroin for them both when he was trying to buy coke. Keith tried the heroin.

Date: April 1, 2017 02:14

Redhotcarpet
Mick accidently bought heroin for them both when he was trying to buy coke. Keith tried the heroin.

Accidentally ? really !!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 1, 2017 03:48

I can't believe what people "think" happened.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 1, 2017 03:59

stone4ever
wonderboy

Why on earth would he make something up like that.

For starters, I just don't believe Mick Jagger is going out on the street to buy cocaine. Maybe his runner or whatever messed up.
It felt like a story designed to make Mick look like a doofus.
I could be wrong, no biggie.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 1, 2017 09:15

But who says he has? He's got all this leisure time, infinite connections to the best pharmaceutical grade stuff.

What he hasn't ever kicked is the continuous need for intoxication.

Now you take a look at this photo of U.S. writer Charles Bukowski, legendary alcoholic, who died age 73:

Bukowski aged himself well ahead of his time, but he looks smooth-skinned and healthy compared with this man, who, about the same age as when Bukowski died, looks like something out of J.J.Tolkien:

I mean, another couple years, and Keith's ears are going to be longer than his whole head.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 1, 2017 13:58

The nose and ears grow throughout life, nothing to do with lifestyle, although drinkers are prone to rosacea, which can enlarge and redden the nose, eg, W C Fields.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-01 14:00 by Bliss.

Date: April 1, 2017 14:59

Bliss
The nose and ears grow throughout life, nothing to do with lifestyle, although drinkers are prone to rosacea, which can enlarge and redden the nose, eg, W C Fields.

It's not a particularly flattering picture of Keith , generally i think Keith looks much better than Mick recently. I'n fact for 73 years of age Keith is in great shape, fit, mobile, no age spots or thread veins on his face. Still has a sense of humour, he is a great raconteur with an excellent memory, seems happy and contented, pretty decent all round with a loving family behind him, whats the problem guys. Are people jealous because Keith has his cake and eats it too, drinks , smokes , takes drugs and lives to tell the tale, job done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-01 14:59 by stone4ever.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 1, 2017 15:15

An oldie but goodie from Bill Hicks :
"Keith Richards outlived Jim Fixx, the runner and health nut. The plot thickens."

Date: April 5, 2017 09:31

http://www.completemusicupdate.com/article/keith-richards-saved-charlie-watts-from-heroin-addiction/

Charlie says he used in 1977 but he was hooked in mid 80s. He looks pretty wasted on some pics from 1977/78.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 5, 2017 18:41

Redhotcarpet
http://www.completemusicupdate.com/article/keith-richards-saved-charlie-watts-from-heroin-addiction/

Charlie says he used in 1977 but he was hooked in mid 80s. He looks pretty wasted on some pics from 1977/78.
In a programme due to be broadcast on BBC 6music on Christmas Day, Watts says: “I was lucky that I never got that hooked, but I went through a period of taking heroin. I fell asleep on the floor during [the recording of] ‘Some Girls’ and Keith woke me up and said: ‘You should do this when you’re older’. Keith telling me this! But it stuck and I just stopped along with everything else”.

This quote does NOT square with the oft-cited history of Charlie falling into heroin and amphetamine addiction in the mid-'80s around the Dirty Work period.

What gives?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 5, 2017 19:26

What gives?
Just don't take statements too literally. People have selective (and poor) memories at times.
Especially if they have 'done drugs'.

Date: April 5, 2017 20:53

jlowe
What gives?
Just don't take statements too literally. People have selective (and poor) memories at times.
Especially if they have 'done drugs'.
I suppose, but for years, all I've heard is the common story that Charlie fell into addiction for a few years in the mid-'80s. It's just odd to hear this new timeline brought up after so long.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: April 6, 2017 05:01

How do you know a when drug addict is lying?

His lips are moving.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: April 6, 2017 05:08

Keith appears to be healthy and acts as if he is not only healthy but happy. He has a great family behind him and I believe he realizes just how f* lucky he is. I think he'll outlast me and I'm only 57. God bless KR and the RS.

Date: April 6, 2017 15:36

stonehearted
Bukowski aged himself well ahead of his time, but he looks smooth-skinned and healthy compared with this man, who, about the same age as when Bukowski died, looks like something out of J.J.Tolkien:
Are you goddamned kidding me? Smooth-skinned and healthy?? Look at his damn face...he looks like he's physically disintegrating in the photo you posted.

Not saying Keith looks like a model of wellness in comparison, but your Bukowski example is horrible.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home