Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Should the Stones tour again?
Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 13:01

Should they? I'm a huge fan so I'd like to say yes, but I hope they don't wait so long that age has a negative effect on their chops. I thought they were brilliant on the Bigger Bang Tour, but Keith looks like he's aged a lot since then. Maybe just because he's not bothering to dye his hair any more, lol. He's admitted that he has to get his chops back after not playing much while writing his book. Seen recent footage of Ron with The No-Rod Faces and he seems in good form. Seen footage of Charlie with his jazz band and he seems as good as ever. And of course videos of Mick with Superheavy and at the Grammy Awards show that he's lost nothing. I'd like them to tour but hope they do it soon as age creeps up fast. Saw recent footage of Chuck Berry playing at age 85 and I was embarrased for the man. He can hardly play his classic riffs any more. I never want to have to see Keith like that.

Re: Should the Stones tour again?
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 9, 2011 13:35

The Stones should not end up as caricatures.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: November 9, 2011 13:42

It's entirely up to them. I'm very happy with 50 years of music and touring. The music will live on; my memories are wonderful. I'm grateful to this band for all they've done.

Can't we, the fans, let the decision be theirs and theirs alone?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 9, 2011 13:44

Oh no, not this again.

*insert your favorite facepalm here*

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 9, 2011 13:57

I teach English as a second language in a high school and I'm thinking about using this forum to teach the use of modals...

Will the Stones tour next year?
Should the Stones tour next year?
Can they tour again?
Could it be their last tour next year?
etc.....

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 9, 2011 15:23

teach English as a second language in a high school and I'm thinking about using this forum to teach the use of modals...

Will the Stones tour next year?
Should the Stones tour next year?
Can they tour again?
Could it be their last tour next year?
etc.....

Nice one mate! Made my day!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 9, 2011 15:31

I propose that there be one new thread per day on this topic, just in case anyone changes their opinion from one day to the next.

Posted by: ripthisjoint908 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 15:35

one more tour then they really have to call it quits.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 9, 2011 15:38

If there is an artistic/musical reason to do it. Should be easy enough to find one.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 9, 2011 15:59

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
here we go again.
jeroen

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 16:10

Kind of surprised at the ho-hum response to this thread, but I'm new here so what do I know? I just thought Stones fans would be a little more enthusiastic about the subject. I guess it's already been discussed to death before I got here...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 9, 2011 16:11

stonesdan60
Kind of surprised at the ho-hum response to this thread, but I'm new here so what do I know? I just thought Stones fans would be a little more enthusiastic about the subject. I guess it's already been discussed to death before I got here...

.... hundreds of times. Strangely enough, no consensus has ever been reached!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-09 16:13 by tatters.

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: November 9, 2011 16:24

no tour as long as the world economy sucks so much, so I think we've seen the last of the Stones

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 16:51

The should tour...& have second sets with Wyman & Taylor.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:31

The New Faces -> The Faces -> The No-Rod Faces

grinning smiley

(sorry OT but I find that funny)

- Doxa

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:32

They need to do something different, not a big stadium with greatest hits. I think arenas are the way to go for sure and do something unique with set list. A residency in major cities would be OK as well: NY, LA, Vegas, Boston, SFO, London, Paris, Frankfurt...

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: November 9, 2011 21:53

Right on Cocaine Eyes

Date: November 9, 2011 23:24

I've been reflecting on this during my absence from this forum. And I still think the answer is no.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 9, 2011 23:32

Sir Craven of Cottage
I've been reflecting on this during my absence from this forum. And I still think the answer is no.

what other reflections can you share?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 23:48

Koen
Oh no, not this again.

*insert your favorite facepalm here*

I agree. Please....

Oh no, not this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 9, 2011 23:53

georgeV
They need to do something different, not a big stadium with greatest hits. I think arenas are the way to go for sure and do something unique with set list. A residency in major cities would be OK as well: NY, LA, Vegas, Boston, SFO, London, Paris, Frankfurt...

Frankfurt a major City ?

Oh,sure they could do another club show at Deutsche Bank headquarter....saves those people an expensive trip to Barcelona
in these hard times...

Date: November 9, 2011 23:56

StonesTod
Sir Craven of Cottage

what other reflections can you share?

All in good time.

Posted by: jbgoode ()
Date: November 10, 2011 00:36

No.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2011 00:45

Jagger should go karaoke with a Brussels'73 backing track, playing small venues.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 10, 2011 00:56

of course they should tour. What would we all do otherwise?

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 20:10

This really is a good question. I love the Stones, but the point is can they still deliver. I agree Mick is still ready. he rocked at the grammy's. Though I haven't seen Ron or Charlie, the reports have been good. I truthfully am wondering if Keith can still do it. Last year with the Exile reissue, when on Jimmy Fallon's show, Fallon asked him to play. He said no, because he hasn't picked up a guitar for a long time. The Keith we all know & love practically slept with his guitar. Book or no book, if he's not playing guitar, which he claims is his love, is it because he can't anymore with his arthritis? I would hate a tour where Blondie is playing his parts and Keith is just going thru the motions.

I really hope they can, as I still get excited for each tour.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: November 10, 2011 20:14

I think they can do it
Isn't that amazing ?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 10, 2011 20:49

The question should really be: Should we still pay that money to see them again?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 10, 2011 20:53

Justin
The question should really be: Should we still pay that money to see them again?

no we shouldn't. let's just simplify this. justin...you pay everyone's fare. there...problem solved.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 10, 2011 20:55

Of course, they should. Charlie is in an outstanding shape for having seen him in Paris just 1 1/2 month ago. Mick seems to be still Mick : voice and shape. Keith, well, I don't know. Just guess he can still play his warhorses with enthiusasm during an accomated plan of dates.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home