Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Do The Stones Record and Archive the stage video from shows?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:35

The live HD video mix that's shown on the big screens inside the hall at all stadium and arena shows ?...
Anyone know ?

Re: Do The Stones Record and Archive the stage video from shows?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:43

I'd be surprised if they didn't. Whether we ever get to see any of it is a different question. Just imagine: the intro of Honky Tonk Women in Spielberg, where Keith's right hand couldn't find the strings - in cinemascope ... grinning smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:46

I'll bet Sasha Allen hopes there are no tapes circulating of Lucca.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 24, 2017 20:24

Without any doubt everything is stored, some short cuts of the first songs are sometimes given out to news stations.

Ever since 1989 I believe there are pro-shots and multitracks of almost every show. There are enough footage in vault for the Stones family to profit from the coming 200 years...

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: September 24, 2017 20:29

I can't locate it, but I remember reading a statement on the band's website or social media confirming that every show is now professionally recorded (as evidenced by the number of cameras in attendance) and therefore presumably archived.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 21:19

For YT or FB use too.
With sound from former official DVD...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 24, 2017 21:41

LongBeachArena72
I'll bet Sasha Allen hopes there are no tapes circulating of Lucca.

Why? Was there a mishap she was involved in? Haven't heard/seen too many vids yet but I can't believe she botched her part somewhere?

Date: September 24, 2017 21:45

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if bands record they're shows it becomes copyrighted. Thus protecting it from being released/distributed by anyone other than the band/performer. If my failing memory serves me, I heard this from Miles Copeland at the UCLA Book Faire many, many years ago where he was signing copies of his book. This came up because I asked him if The Police were ever going to release a live album because of so many high quality bootlegs out there.

Scotty

Date: September 24, 2017 23:14

I remember the who where you could order a dvd of every show they did. Really cool.

Still waiting for slane 2007 to be released. I know the planning was to dvd this one.. but still waiting

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 25, 2017 01:14

The official site has pictures from the archives.
EVERYTHING is recorded and stored. Even the Decca/ABKCO material are stored in the same vault as the post 1971 material.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 25, 2017 08:27

1989, '90 is nice, but too bad they didn't videotape long beforehand. Those are the good concerts.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 26, 2017 23:17

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I remember the who where you could order a dvd of every show they did. Really cool.

Still waiting for slane 2007 to be released. I know the planning was to dvd this one.. but still waiting

Yes, they did CDs also of every show. I bought both CD and DVD of some Who shows I attended. Slane 2007 has a pretty good CD boot.

plexi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home