Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : how you can help a R & R brother ; Dan Baird
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 16, 2017 01:05

Dan is ill,.... and he was a member of Bobby Keys' Suffering Bastards , maybe some people here cares about him. ..read here how you can help him and Homemade Sin ;

[joerock.blog.wbab.com]

Re: OT : how you can help a R & R brother ; Dan Baird
Date: August 16, 2017 04:55

Hang in there Dan, and HMS. Dan Baird is a real rocker, and as strong as they come.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 16, 2017 15:01

Lien
Dan is ill,.... and he was a member of Bobby Keys' Suffering Bastards , maybe some people here cares about him. ..read here how you can help him and Homemade Sin ;

[joerock.blog.wbab.com]

Wow, I was just looking at a clip of Bobby Keys playing "Whatever Gets You Through the Night" the other day thinking that looks like Dan Baird.

Saw him with the Georgia Satellites open for Bob Seger on the "Like a Rock" tour, never heard of them up to that point, and remembering just loving it and running right out and getting the CD the next day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-18 06:58 by kovach.

Date: August 16, 2017 15:29

Just ordered the Red Wristband. Will see them (sans Dan) in my neck of the woods as well, to help these guys out with whatever I can.

GET WELL, DAN!

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: August 16, 2017 16:01

Yes they are a great band, Dan Baird & Homemade Sin, I've been going to see them for some years now in the UK and I last saw them in Kendal, Cumbria, at the Bootleggers Bar on 26th July (this year). That was the usual fantastic gig and they played quite a few tracks off their brilliant new album Rollercoaster. It was only the next day that I discovered the posting about Dan's illness. Very sad but I wish Dan all the best for a full recovery. Looking forward to seeing them again, true rock n roll at it's best.

Star

Date: August 16, 2017 16:05

Starr
Yes they are a great band, Dan Baird & Homemade Sin, I've been going to see them for some years now in the UK and I last saw them in Kendal, Cumbria, at the Bootleggers Bar on 26th July (this year). That was the usual fantastic gig and they played quite a few tracks off their brilliant new album Rollercoaster. It was only the next day that I discovered the posting about Dan's illness. Very sad but I wish Dan all the best for a full recovery. Looking forward to seeing them again, true rock n roll at it's best.

You were there! The first set of that show is included on the new album, (The Red Wristband) with four new studio tracks as well.

I heard it was a great show, even though Dan was ill.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: August 16, 2017 20:18

Saw him in Cardiff last month - great show. Had a quick chat with the band after the show so was really shocked when I heard about his illness. I've ordered the CD and will see them again if they come back over in the autumn.

Date: August 16, 2017 20:30

DandelionPowderman yes I was there,
it was a great gig and I didn't know about any new "live" album so I shall check it out - thanks for the info..

Get well soon Dan...

Star

Date: August 17, 2017 04:52

DB knows the Stones as well as anyone on this board here. Talkin boots and all.

Date: August 17, 2017 19:19

Starr
DandelionPowderman yes I was there,
it was a great gig and I didn't know about any new "live" album so I shall check it out - thanks for the info..

Get well soon Dan...

Looks like they found the second set, too smiling smiley

"Well, well! What have we here?
Thanks to a certain Peter Williams and his Tascam recorder we now have the "lost" second set in all it's inglorious rawness. Between the band, Peter, Chris Edgar, Mick Brown, Warner, myself and Joe Blanton we have something that is hopefully listenable and the enjoyment of the night comes through to you, the listener. We didn't have a multi track to work from, and frankly, I was worried it wouldn't translate at all. Glad I was wrong.
As a result, we’ve decided to expand the Red Wristband Special to a double cd as a special thank you to everyone who has answered the call to help the band out. No price hike. That wouldn't be right.
Pristine and perfect? No, and neither are we. We decided to leave in all the "screwin' around" moments between songs. Just felt right.
Hope y'all dig it. db"

Date: August 17, 2017 21:01

great.. already placed my order... thanks again!

Star

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 18, 2017 02:27

RnR HOF should house the Sat's as well as Dan's solo stuff (Yayhoos, Homemade Sin...it's all in my collection) well before all the rap crap...Godspeed Dan...prayers for you Bud!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-18 02:35 by shadooby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home