Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who will go see The Stones, no matter what ?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 31, 2011 19:12

Who here would want to go see the Stones no matter what happens ?

Other than a family emergency or similar situation (of course) would you go see the Stones despite anything else that might happen ?

Would you travel to see the Stones if (for example) Mick has already lost his voice a couple of times along the tour.
If the critics slag their performances (gotta know that's going to happen) ?
If the fans on IORR bitch about the setlist (you can bank on that as well) ?
If Ronnie starts dating Kat again ?
If you are not cute & blonde enough to get on the front row ?

Feel free to add any more clever reasons you can think of. grinning smiley

Yeah, I'm going.
I'd like to be able to walk out of the venue knowing that was probably the last time for me.
Couldn't do that in '06.

Re: Who will go see The Stones, no matter what ?
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 31, 2011 19:20

Rock critics are not the problem, but if they performed like in 2007 I certainly would not go Ssince the tour will not start in Germany I will have the possibility to find out on what level they play. If they repeat the model of concert they did from 89-07 I will not go, I know that completely.

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: October 31, 2011 19:31

I do agree with "windmelody"...if they repeat the 1989-2007 format I will not going to see them (but ofcourse I will buy the dvd).

But if they choose to go on tour without backingsingers, Blondie behind the curtains playing the guitar, no fireworks and so on I will go, no matter what

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 31, 2011 19:34

I'll only go and see them in an Arena, that's the promise I made to myself after seeing them at Pacbell in 2002 and then just after that at the Oakland Arena, night and DAY !

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 31, 2011 19:38

Edith Grove
I'd like to be able to walk out of the venue knowing that was probably the last time for me.
Couldn't do that in '06.

strange. i've done that each of the last 33 times i've seen them.

Date: October 31, 2011 19:39

windmelody
Rock critics are not the problem, but if they performed like in 2007 I certainly would not go

it won't be like it was in 2007; it'll be much worse. now, will you go?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: October 31, 2011 19:42

Most likely. However only 1 or 2 shows this time.

No matter what? Well that certainly depends on the cost of the tickets.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 31, 2011 19:42

Only thing that would keep me away is if they're all club shows with little or no chance to get in. No I'm not blonde or cute, or even female for that matter. Just a hard core Stones fan. I hope that's good enough.

Date: October 31, 2011 19:43

frankotero
Just a hard core Stones fan. I hope that's good enough.

good luck with that

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 31, 2011 19:44

I will

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 31, 2011 20:07

Edith Grove

Other than a family emergency or similar situation (of course) would you go see the Stones despite anything else that might happen ?

Would you travel to see the Stones if (for example) Mick has already lost his voice a couple of times along the tour.
If you are not cute enough to get on the front row ?

well i've travelled to see 'em many times in spite of A, B and C -
D is none of my business and E just isn't on, so ... ~*YEAH!*~

i love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: October 31, 2011 20:21

If they come to the UK, I'll be there

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2011 20:25

No more stadium shows. Period.

Date: October 31, 2011 20:27

71Tele

front row $20. mick taylor and bill wyman present. oh, and free popcorn. now?

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: October 31, 2011 20:27

Edith Grove

If you are not cute & blonde enough to get on the front row ?

Feel free to add any more clever reasons you can think of. grinning smiley

Yeah, I'm going.
Couldn't do that in '06.

If Keith ends up being fatter than I am?winking smiley

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 31, 2011 20:28

Yes, no matter what, if they tour, I'm going. I have grown up with the ROLLING STONES and their music and I will certainly spend the time and money to see and hear them again.

Date: October 31, 2011 20:29

StonesTod
Edith Grove
Couldn't do that in '06.

strange. i've done that each of the last 33 times i've seen them.

Can't say I've ever felt that way, but then in '06 I thought they might crank it up again in that three-year pattern.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 31, 2011 20:33

I'll go to a few shows, but nowhere near on the scale I used to and certainly not outside Europe (too pricey and the risk of cancellations get greater each year)

How many I see depends on what they're playing like and how much they're charging for the sort of tickets I'd be reasonably happy with. And the sort of venues they're playing, too I suppose.

The 'no matter what' mentality I've no time for. If some people's desperation levels are so extreme that they've no sense of standards, thats their problem.

It's the first time where I dont feel that I NEED to go. Whilst I'd like another chance to see a few Stones shows, I dont think that my life will be less complete if there arent any. I'm happy enough with what I've got to experience over the last 30 years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-31 20:37 by Gazza.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 31, 2011 20:59

well I'll have to go because I intend to buy a camcorder to shoot them. So I have no choice !

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: October 31, 2011 21:01

jpasc95
well I'll have to go because I intend to buy a camcorder to shoot them. So I have no choice !

I can't wait for your DELUXE edition!cool smiley

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 31, 2011 21:14

Gazza
I'll go to a few shows, but nowhere near on the scale I used to and certainly not outside Europe (too pricey and the risk of cancellations get greater each year)

How many I see depends on what they're playing like and how much they're charging for the sort of tickets I'd be reasonably happy with. And the sort of venues they're playing, too I suppose.

The 'no matter what' mentality I've no time for. If some people's desperation levels are so extreme that they've no sense of standards, thats their problem.

It's the first time where I dont feel that I NEED to go. Whilst I'd like another chance to see a few Stones shows, I dont think that my life will be less complete if there arent any. I'm happy enough with what I've got to experience over the last 30 years.

Lol, the "no sense of standards" you say. And just whose standards do we go by, the posters on here, the critics, the media? If people choose to sit home instead of go to the concert, fine. They don't need to explain their reasons to me. If they choose to go, great. Whatever their reasoning may be, it's their choice. If the Rolling Stones standards don't measure up to what other people want to see, that's fine too. Me, I'll still be happy to be there at the concert. No matter what. I'm going to see the ROLLING STONES because I want too. If that makes me mentally unstable, lol, so be it.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 31, 2011 21:38

Either way, it'll probably be a last minute decision. If I'm feelin' it (Stones Fever), I'll go. If I'm not, I won't. Macca was here (Detroit) a few moths ago, and although I was quite sure he'd never be back, I felt no particular need to be there, and I didn't go.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 31, 2011 21:38

RSbestbandever
Gazza

Lol, the "no sense of standards" you say. And just whose standards do we go by, the posters on here, the critics, the media? If people choose to sit home instead of go to the concert, fine. They don't need to explain their reasons to me. If they choose to go, great. Whatever their reasoning may be, it's their choice. If the Rolling Stones standards don't measure up to what other people want to see, that's fine too. Me, I'll still be happy to be there at the concert. No matter what. I'm going to see the ROLLING STONES because I want too. If that makes me mentally unstable, lol, so be it.

Where did I mention 'what other people want to see'. I only give a damn about my own standards - ie, the standards of basic common sense. There are people who would actually go if the band were in oxygen masks, played for 20 minutes, were unable to remember how to play or sing and charged $1000 for a ticket. And they'd still insist afterwards that it was fantastic.

Thats the sort of basket cases I'm referring to. Like I said, if you fall into that category (and I dont believe you would be despite the 'blind faith' mantra you've just posted), thats your problem.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: October 31, 2011 21:47

Not if there isn't an arena show
Not if ticket prices are in the stratosphere
Not if it's the same show since '89 (they are like the circus, see one you've seen it all)
I prefer to remember them when they were in their prime, when Keith and Mick cared, when it wasn't about huge profit margins.

It won't break my heart if I don't get to see them in 2012 should they decide to tour.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 31, 2011 21:49

No matter what

Date: October 31, 2011 21:55

Gazza
There are people who would actually go if the band were in oxygen masks, played for 20 minutes, were unable to remember how to play or sing and charged $1000 for a ticket.

OK, so there IS a line that even I wouldn't cross !

Date: October 31, 2011 21:59

someone needs to start an answer to this thread: Who will NOT go see The Stones, no matter what? i'd do it, but i don't feel like it....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2011 22:03

StonesTod
71Tele

Hmm...OK, but real butter on the popcorn, not that chemical crap they have in movie theaters. Throw in no Chuck Leavell, and maybe I'm there.

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: October 31, 2011 22:13

All things being equal I would take in a show or two. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to stand and applaud one final time.

Date: October 31, 2011 22:14

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

Hmm...OK, but real butter on the popcorn, not that chemical crap they have in movie theaters. Throw in no Chuck Leavell, and maybe I'm there.

you can't throw in a negative. but you can throw chuck out all by yourself if you like.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home