Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Julian Lennon: "What have I done to be ignored in such a way?"
Date: October 27, 2011 10:20

71Tele
"Everything changes" except the lack of talent and incessant whining.

Do you think Julian lacks talent? I thought he was great back in the day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 10:21 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 27, 2011 10:48

The Beatles haven't existed for 40 years, his father has been dead for 30 years. He wasn't in The Beatles. What kind of attention is he expecting?

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: October 27, 2011 12:41

I wonder how much contact Julian has had with Paul, George, Ringo, Yoko, their kids and his brother Sean over the years?

Anyway, I can understand Julian. Especially if Dhani or Zak was invited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 12:42 by tonterapi.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 27, 2011 15:01

seitan
Nobody wants a total jerk in the party. I mean..posting personal hatred about your own family on the internet..that's not how you're supposed to behave. Now is it ?

EXACTLY!
You write an autobiography with a ghost writer and spew hatred the old-fashioned way.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 27, 2011 15:23

The Beatles and extended family still attract all kinds of nut-jobs. My guess is he didn't even write that facebook entry.

That you tube interview was quite touching I thought,

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: October 27, 2011 16:10

I'd say life hasn't been easy for Julian and John wasn't exactly a role model dad to him. Sounds like John, if he had a will, didn't leave anything to Julian (not that he was obligated to do such a thing)

He's 48 years old, maybe he's jealous because Zak Starkey has played with the likes of the Who and Oasis.

You don't exactly see Dhani or Zak in the social pages of the tabloids, at least not here in USA.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 27, 2011 16:46

Well, I have to admit, when I saw Sean there, I kind of wondered where Julian was. But maybe Sean was Yoko's "+1".

I can understand some resentment on Julian's part. I mean, look how Sean's grown up compared to him. It's not like John didn't have the means to provide for both in the same way.

And I'm a huge Beatles fan, and probably like John's creativity best. But the older I get and having a kid and all, I notice more of his shortcomings...

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 27, 2011 17:03

hmmmm, zero talent?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 27, 2011 17:25

Julian has a helluva lot more talent than his little half brother.....

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 27, 2011 18:29

0 + 0 still equals ZERO!

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 27, 2011 18:33

My dad stayed at the same hotel as the Beatles in New York back in 65, neither him or myself were invited to Maccas wedding, can't believe we were treated like that!

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: October 27, 2011 19:58

I don't agree with people saying Sean has no talent
He can play everything
It's when he sings he loses me with his voice.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 27, 2011 20:31

What I think we're seeing is that something that's multiplied by the millions across the world, with sons having edgy, sad relationships with obtuse fathers. This one just happens to be in public. People might be a little pissed because he didn't go the easy route and really milk his Dad's legacy. He could have been a phony and always talked positive about his Dad and everyone would be glad to see him and audiences could get all misty eyed in nostalgia for John. Julian, for whatever reason, chooses to be honest about it. He's not going to sweep under the rug the hard road he's had from being a Beatle's son.

It doesn't take a genius to know that John Lennon was a tortured soul. It's there in everything he sang. Unfortunately he helped torture Julian's soul through neglect. And then, through no fault of John's, Sean was denied his fathership too. The interviewer never asked if John tried to show Julian love, ever. There might have been more to the story.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 27, 2011 20:51

I'm not familiar with any of Julian's discussion of his father or raising so I don't know from any dirty laundry there. I do know that John used his dysfunctional upbringing for many a song!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 27, 2011 21:08

tatters
Wry Cooter
Then there is that moment in "Hail Hail Rock and Roll" when Chuck Berry tells Julian to "say hi to his pop" or something to that effect. Unbelievable.

Check out the end of this clip. Chuck calls him "John Julian Lennon", says "Tell Poppa 'hello'", and then (it's hard to make out the words), adds something like "I'll tell you what he says. I'll see him before you will". I think it's very sweet. Excruciatingly awkward, but sweet.

Julian looks incredibly pissed if you look at his face around 3:40-3:44. Justifiably so. Chuck is such an ass.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 27, 2011 22:27

tatters
The younger Lennon posted a message on his Facebook page that read: Wow. . . Snubbed at Macca's Wedding, Snubbed at the Anniversary of 'LOVE' in Vegas! Snubbed at Macca's Wedding reception in NYC, last night Snubbed at George (Harrison's)'s Film Premier. . . What Have I done to be ignored in such a way? I was not invited to ANY of these events. . . I thought WE had a relationship. . . Obviously not. . . Gimme some truth. . . Maybe now it's time to tell the Truth. . . I & My Mother (Lennon's first wife Cynthia) will NOT be eradicated from History. . . How dare they. . ."

What's with The random capital Letters? Is he drinking Again?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 10, 2011 06:35

JULIAN LENNON SAYS HE'S NOT REALLY ANGRY ABOUT BEATLE SLIGHTS

11/9/2011

Julian Lennon is laying down the sword he verbally brandished at Paul McCartney and others in the Beatles camp last week. After complaining on Facebook about being excluded from McCartney's wedding celebration and other events, John Lennon's eldest son posted a new Facebook message that reads: "How do 'The Gutter Press' live with themselves? Just So much Bulls***... Seems many have taken My comment from the other week, a little too far... It was truly written, hand on Heart, with a Whimsical heart... The situation was laughable, more than anything... Wasn't whining... just stating the facts... Obviously people misplace & mistake My sense of humour & character... C'est La Vie.... smiling smiley None of the targets of Lennon's wrath have comme

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 10, 2011 09:30

thumbs up Right! I thought so...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2011 17:35

So how's hist latest album anyway? Is it available for sale anywhere? If it's not on iTunes, it's a lost cause. I have all his albums except the second one (on tape somewhere) and the music is pretty decent. Certainly more memorable than anything Sean's ever done.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home