Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Pic Of Keith Playing At An After Party TODAY!!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 27, 2011 07:58

The Rum Diary is a book written by Thompson and published because I have it. Who told you this ridiculous story?

The Hunter In Johnny Depp - Vanity Fair November 2011

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 08:56 by Rockman.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: October 27, 2011 08:44

fantastic news!
Sici

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:56

Date: October 27, 2011 09:56

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 27, 2011 10:10

Some tasteful playing from Keith, there.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: October 27, 2011 10:18

Man, he sounds pretty good!

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Date: October 27, 2011 10:26

seitan

thumbs up

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: October 27, 2011 10:45

Thank you very much for pics ans videos!
I didn`d believe all the talking about Keith not being able to play anymore, but could not resist completely and not to worry)) Now I see, nothing to be afraid).

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 27, 2011 10:53

I didnt know Johnny Depp could be this funny....

lmao at the Tim Allen punch line

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 27, 2011 10:57

seitan

awesome thanks for posting...
good to see someone there knew who the most important player onstage was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 10:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 27, 2011 12:02

Around the 1;20 mark Keith gets it on a bit; 'unhurried' would be the key word, lol. It's those glasses sliding down that make Keith look, older,the further they slide.
Who is that Steve Conte/DaveLeeRoth/eyeliner dude next to them?
And is it me or is Johnny Depp not the best guitarist?

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 27, 2011 12:18

Ok, good to see keith but I can't imagine him on stage for a tour. He is no more the motor. It was only a blues and he just follow the others. At the end of the song he leaves his guitar immediatly like it was too much for him. I think he always love playing guitar but doesn't want to play in public. He plays for himself at home or in a studio. He would like to do more but he can't. He knows that and I take this exhibition like a present. Let him in peace, we have all there records, outtakes, live tapes, the vaults are open, what do you want more, musicians in wheelchairs. Let's do him what he wants to do.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 27, 2011 12:19

kater-v
Thank you very much for pics ans videos!
I didn`d believe all the talking about Keith not being able to play anymore, but could not resist completely and not to worry)) Now I see, nothing to be afraid).

Obviously ha can still hold a guitar and take a few chords, play a few solos etc. My point is that he plays ten times worse than he did 10-15 years ago. And look at those poor fingers, he can hardly play with his right hand and it seems to be a struggle.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 27, 2011 12:27

Great videos. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 27, 2011 12:33

aprilfool
Ok, good to see keith but I can't imagine him on stage for a tour. He is no more the motor. It was only a blues and he just follow the others. At the end of the song he leaves his guitar immediatly like it was too much for him. I think he always love playing guitar but doesn't want to play in public. He plays for himself at home or in a studio. He would like to do more but he can't. He knows that and I take this exhibition like a present. Let him in peace, we have all there records, outtakes, live tapes, the vaults are open, what do you want more, musicians in wheelchairs. Let's do him what he wants to do.

You imagine and think too much here.

Keith is playing ok, even without a pick here. A few bum notes, a few good licks.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: October 27, 2011 12:37

>Who is that Steve Conte/DaveLeeRoth/eyeliner dude next to them?

That's Jimmy Woods. Mick Taylor worked a lot with him in the early 90's.

N

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 27, 2011 13:14

Many thanks to all who posted additional vids! I do love Mr. Keith Richards! Bluesy and soulful, he is! Thanks again.....

Date: October 27, 2011 13:24

JumpinJeppeFlash

Obviously ha can still hold a guitar and take a few chords, play a few solos etc. My point is that he plays ten times worse than he did 10-15 years ago. And look at those poor fingers, he can hardly play with his right hand and it seems to be a struggle.

Rubbish.

I think Keith plays just fine, even without pick.
Tho`I gotta say that the song is booooring...!!

But there's nothin wrong with his playing, - if they wanna tour, that would be just fine.

Date: October 27, 2011 13:33

seitan
JumpinJeppeFlash

Rubbish.

But there's nothin wrong with his playing, - if they wanna tour, that would be just fine.

Ehhh, do you know what arthritis is? You don´t know what you are talking about, he have had problems with his fingers for years and they have become worse all the time.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 27, 2011 13:59

seitan

No there's nothing 'wrong' with his playing but it's a former shadow of Keith 10 years ago, never mind 20 or 30 years. And fair play to him - he's pushing 70, clearly his fingers are swollen like crazy. Some musicians are lucky and manage to keep all the magic even into their 70's and beyond, but unfortunately Keith is not one of those. No way could he do a full on Stones tour - I'd be surprised if they even do a handful of 'anniversary' shows.

Still great to see him on stage though.

Date: October 27, 2011 14:36

Roll73
seitan

No there's nothing 'wrong' with his playing but it's a former shadow of Keith 10 years ago, never mind 20 or 30 years. And fair play to him - he's pushing 70, clearly his fingers are swollen like crazy. Some musicians are lucky and manage to keep all the magic even into their 70's and beyond, but unfortunately Keith is not one of those. No way could he do a full on Stones tour - I'd be surprised if they even do a handful of 'anniversary' shows.

Great with someone understanding here among the people thinking "Keith will do a 150 date world tour with the stones starting next year". As Roll73 is writing, the man is soon 70 and he can´t do it the way he could 10-15 years ago. Actually i would be very surprised if he even could play as he did on ABB, i doubt it. Keiths finest moments are behind him, why can´t you just accept it and be grateful for everything he has done for us all.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 27, 2011 14:57

JumpinJeppeFlash

Great with someone understanding here among the people thinking "Keith will do a 150 date world tour with the stones starting next year". As Roll73 is writing, the man is soon 70 and he can´t do it the way he could 10-15 years ago. Actually i would be very surprised if he even could play as he did on ABB, i doubt it. Keiths finest moments are behind him, why can´t you just accept it and be grateful for everything he has done for us all.
Agree with that. He wrote his own part in rock'n'roll history. He has the worst thing for a guitarist, arthritis, it's like he loose his hands but perhaps, not touring is not so important for him as for the fans.

Date: October 27, 2011 15:22

JumpinJeppeFlash
Roll73
seitan

Wash your mouth, young man !!!
That's Keith youre talking about !!
Watch your language !!

Could someone please post link to news where it says that Keith has arthritis.
And I dont mean a page where they talk about arthritis - I mean a page where theres evidence that Keith has arthritis. Or is this just another gossip ?drinking smiley

Keiths finest moments are behind him, - I agree, gimme a break - the guy´s 70, but so what, he can still tour if he wants to. Look at Honeyboy Edwards, Look at BB King for christ sakes, - if Keith wants to go on tour and play the blues with a help of Ronnie and others - He can do it. I'm grateful for everything he has done for us all. If he wants to quit touring, that's fine. But I've seen much older guys on stage than Keith. And besides, they could easily have their "50th bash" around the world - maybe with the help of younger guys, but so what...

And besides, Keith sounds alright on that new live video with Depp...When I watched that youtube video, I just felt like screaming hot smiley "Give The Man a guitar pick, you @#$%&!! " Hahahah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 15:25 by seitan.

Date: October 27, 2011 15:25

seitan
JumpinJeppeFlash
Roll73
seitan

And I dont mean a page where they talk about arthritis - I mean a page where theres evidence that Keith has arthritis. Or is this just another gossip ?drinking smiley

Keiths finest moments are behind him, - I agree, gimme a break - the guy´s 70, but so what, he can still tour if he wants to. Look at Honeyboy Edwards, Look at BB King for christ sakes, - if Keith wants to go on tour and play the blues with a help of Ronnie and others - He can do it. I'm grateful for everything he has done for us all. If he wants to quit touring, that's fine. But I've seen much older guys on stage than Keith. And besides, they could easily have their "50th bash" around the world - maybe with the help of younger guys, but so what...

And besides, Keith sounds alright on that new live video with Depp...When I watched that youtube video, I just felt like screaming hot smiley "Give The Man a guitar pick, you @#$%&!! " Hahahah.

People on this board have worked closely with him, and can confirm it (Heberden's Node: [en.wikipedia.org]).

But I've never seen Keith confirm in public that he has HN or arthritis.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 27, 2011 15:25

I hope we don't have to start explaining the condition affecting Keiths fingers all over again. Some folks ought to try searching the forum.

To sum it up, Of course the fingers affect his playing...but he's had the issue for 10 or 15 years and has learned to work around it. It's not painful.

And of course he's nearly seventy [and looking more like his dad every day :^)]...but that doesn't make him a doddering arthritic wreck.

The major issues with Keith's live playing in recent years have been more to do with a, lazyness,
b, his tendancy to "wing everything" [as if the Stones are some kind of free-form jazz band ] and
C, spending to much time larking about, throwing shapes and posing for the assembled worshippers.

[...and he's always had the ability to go off at complete tangents to produce an absolute train wreck. Some folks look back through decidedly rose tinted specs :^) ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 15:32 by Spud.

Posted by: OlRiddim ()
Date: October 27, 2011 15:31

Little bits of Keith goo without a pick in sight - pretty darn cool.

Great example of a gentleman musician doling out just enough to let you know he can (but doesn't need too), leaving plenty of room for the other folks on the bandstand. It wasn't his party.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: October 27, 2011 15:31

I havent heard Keith play this good in years. Thank you.

Date: October 27, 2011 15:34

seitan
JumpinJeppeFlash
Roll73
seitan

Wash your mouth, young man !!!
That's Keith youre talking about !!
Watch your language !!

Hmm, registered 12 days ago...read and learn newbie.

Date: October 27, 2011 15:36

I've never seen Keith or anyone else confirm in public that he has arthritis. So It´s a @#$%& gossip - nothing more - and there´s video and the man plays fine, I guess it´s matter of opinion and musical taste, but it sounded good enough for me.
And that´s Keith Richards were talking about here..dont forget.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 27, 2011 15:43

seitan
I've never seen Keith or anyone else confirm in public that he has arthritis. So It´s a @#$%& gossip - nothing more - and there´s video and the man plays fine, I guess it´s matter of opinion and musical taste, but it sounded good enough for me.
And that´s Keith Richards were talking about here..dont forget.

Too bad he can´t hold a pick anymore...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home