Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Attorney for Bill Cosby Quotes the Stones
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 18, 2017 02:08

Just heard on public radio a report on the aftermath of the Bill Cosby trial in which his attorney said they had wanted an acquittal but that "sometimes it's like that Rolling Stones song you can't always get what you want but you get what you need", or something like that.

plexi

Re: Attorney for Bill Cosby Quotes the Stones
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 18, 2017 02:33

unfortunate.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 18, 2017 13:17

Looks like they will have a retrial - What a waste of taxpayer money - he is nearly 80 years old and allegations if true, happened umpteen years ago.

I prefer they do not quote the Stones.

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 18, 2017 13:23

Chris Fountain
Looks like they will have a retrial - What a waste of taxpayer money - he is nearly 80 years old and allegations if true, happened umpteen years ago.

[www.nytimes.com]

The feeling of violation by rape lasts - as new - for umpteen years......

Date: June 18, 2017 13:33

EddieByword
Chris Fountain

[www.nytimes.com]

Crimes should be reported within the statute of limitations. I do not care if he is guilty or not. I do not want my tax money going to that trial or any Capitol Hill or national Witch hunt. Also, I do not want them to quote the Stones.

Date: June 18, 2017 14:09

Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain

[www.nytimes.com]

Crimes should be reported within the statute of limitations. I do not care if he is guilty or not. I do not want my tax money going to that trial or any Capitol Hill or national Witch hunt. Also, I do not want them to quote the Stones.

Good for you......personally I don't believe there should be a statute of limitations on sexual assault, for the reasons stated in my first post - as there is not in the UK - the statute of limitations is a failing in itself - but that's ok, these women can suffer because 'it's in the book'.....eye rolling smiley - if there was a statute of limitations on feeling ill because some guy has taken it upon himself to relieve his itch in you (in the least worst case) then that would be different but there's not.....so.........

Plus...in any event, the woman whose case went ahead was within time.......so no waste of your hard earned cash there eh?

Empathy, empathy, where for art thou.......?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-18 14:18 by EddieByword.

Date: June 18, 2017 14:27

EddieByword
Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain

[www.nytimes.com]

Good for you......personally I don't believe there should be a statute of limitations on sexual assault, for the reasons stated in my first post - as there is not in the UK - the statute of limitations is a failing in itself - but that's ok, these women can suffer because 'it's in the book'.....eye rolling smiley - if there was a staute of limitations on feeling ill because some guy has taken it upon himself to relieve his itch in you (in the least worst case) then that would be different but there's not.....so.........

Plus...in any event, the woman whose case went ahead was within time.......so no waste of your hard earned cash there eh?

I understand and respect your position. However, when allegations surface 10 or 15 years later, the dynamics change. People change and memories are lost. How can anyone remember what exactly happened 10 or 15 years ago? Especially, when these folks are elderly. Please keep in mind that the claimants went to his house. He was a star back in the day day, and possibly the hunted. Well, Gloria Allred, who is dispictable should have her law licence removed. She is not helping much.

Again. I do not want my tax money spent on an 80 year old charged with a crime. I work hard for my money, and don't want this activity in my life. The crazy Capitol Witch Hunt and denial of protection of the USA should be our main focus. Also the main point of thread - I don't want laawyers quoting the Stones.

Date: June 18, 2017 14:59

Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain

[www.nytimes.com]

Good for you......personally I don't believe there should be a statute of limitations on sexual assault, for the reasons stated in my first post - as there is not in the UK - the statute of limitations is a failing in itself - but that's ok, these women can suffer because 'it's in the book'.....eye rolling smiley - if there was a staute of limitations on feeling ill because some guy has taken it upon himself to relieve his itch in you (in the least worst case) then that would be different but there's not.....so.........

Again. I do not want my tax money spent on an 80 year old charged with a crime. I work hard for my money, and don't want this activity in my life. The crazy Capitol Witch Hunt and denial of protection of the USA should be our main focus. Also the main point of thread - I don't want laawyers quoting the Stones.

So i assume you also were against the charges and conviction of sadam hoessain?

I respect your opinion but i think your point of view is extremely selfish

Date: June 18, 2017 15:08

Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain

[www.nytimes.com]

I understand and respect your position. However, when allegations surface 10 or 15 years later, the dynamics change. People change and memories are lost. How can anyone remember what exactly happened 10 or 15 years ago? Especially, when these folks are elderly. Please keep in mind that the claimants went to his house. He was a star back in the day day, and possibly the hunted. Well, Gloria Allred, who is dispictable should have her law licence removed. She is not helping much.

I guess some people's memories are not so good especially if there was drink and drugs involved so of course this causes legal problems but that doesn't negate the pain, which essentially, although masked sometimes, is not a dynamic variable, when an intrusive line has been crossed - having said that - I know people who were children 45 years + ago who can remember every sentence spoken and every act undertaken as though it were yesterday.....How do I know they're are reliable? ....well..........

80 year old?....we'll have to differ......for me, aknowledgement of his guilt, at least by a court if not him would be enough - unlike him, I'm not a sadist calling for him to die in prison.

I would just ask anyone, no matter how foolish the girls/woman's behaviour, in going with him, if he really did whack them unconscious with drugs and do the deed, what if it was your sister, mother or daughter?.....

I'll go with your last point though.....oh god..........confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-18 15:23 by EddieByword.

Date: June 18, 2017 15:34

EddieByword
Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain

[www.nytimes.com]

I guess some people's memories are not so good especially if there was drink and drugs involved so of course this causes legal problems but that doesn't negate the pain, which essentially, although masked sometimes, is not a dynamic variable, when an intrusive line has been crossed - having said that - I know people who were children 45 years + ago who can remember every sentence spoken and every act undertaken as though it were yesterday.....How do I know they're are reliable? ....well..........

80 year old?....we'll have to differ......for me, aknowledgement of his guilt, at least by a court if not him would be enough - unlike him, I'm not a sadist calling for him to die in prison.

I would just ask anyone, no matter how foolish the girls/woman's behaviour, in going with him, if he really did whack them unconscious with drugs and do the deed, what if it was your sister, mother or daughter?.....

if he really did whack them unconscious with drugs and do the deed, what if it was your sister, mother or daughter?.....

If that happened to my sister there would be no trial. He is an evil man. My point is he is going to die very soon. We are giving this no good bastard too much publicity and I paid the crazy gov't nearly 30k last year and they are wasting my money on this crap. "I'm the Toughest" Peter Tosh (Bush Doctor) "I said I love my siter , I love my Brother...Anything you can do.... " Hell Baboon Brother would be proud wherever he his - hopefully in heaven.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 18, 2017 15:38

So did House and Cuddy way back when: philosopher Jagger etc.

One of my tutors, concerning Clytemnestra in Aeschylus' Oresteia stated Clytemnestra "Can't get no satisfaction".

Unfortunately, people do quote lines from the Stones.

I'm a fan, but don't tend to quote from The Stones that much: I find myself, these days, quoting more from the lexicon and philosophy of Malcolm Tucker these days.

Concerning Bill Cosby: while the alleged activities appear reprehensible, we have had a similar damnatio memoriae concerning the vile activities of a former Radio 1 DJ, and this time there was a ring of truth concerning the DJ, one Jimmy Savile. There's apparent footage of Savile introducing the Stones, on TOTP, performing Lets Spend The Night Together, which has had to be excised nowadays.

Date: June 18, 2017 17:38

Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain
EddieByword
Chris Fountain

[www.nytimes.com]

if he really did whack them unconscious with drugs and do the deed, what if it was your sister, mother or daughter?.....

If that happened to my sister there would be no trial. He is an evil man. My point is he is going to die very soon. We are giving this no good bastard too much publicity and I paid the crazy gov't nearly 30k last year and they are wasting my money on this crap. "I'm the Toughest" Peter Tosh (Bush Doctor) "I said I love my siter , I love my Brother...Anything you can do.... " Hell Baboon Brother would be proud wherever he his - hopefully in heaven.

1. If that would be her choice then 'that' would be her inalienable choice - no problem.....my question was really, "How would you feel about it if someone did that to her? .....Maybe if 'she' had wanted something happen, with a view to seeking justice, you wouldn't mind so much if your $$$ went to support that?

2. yawning smiley

& yeah, yeah, yeah,.........eye rolling smiley ......I bought that too in 1978 ......But dem ha fe get a beatin',
The wicked ha fe get a beatin'.
Dem mus get a beatin',
The wicked ha fe get a beatin'.------------ 80 or not.......

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-19 12:36 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 19, 2017 12:20

Cosby should meet with Dominique Strauss-Kahn. Obviously they have a lot in common... confused smiley

Date: June 19, 2017 12:40

All I'm saying is that everyone has a right to a fair trial. I do not particularly like Cosby but he has a constitutional right to a trial.

The jury could not reach a decision. Do we really need to keep the trial going. You can do it on your tax money but mot mine.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 19, 2017 13:19

The district attorney announced after the trial that he would seek to retry Bill Cosby . I wonder if he will be overruled from higher ups based on the cost to the People to retry the case ?

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: June 19, 2017 16:03

EddieByword
Chris Fountain

[www.nytimes.com]

The sad part is while Cosby complains (wrongly)he gets no support from fellow celebrities, Michael Jackson, a KNOWN pedophile, seems to have somehow able to retain his "acceptable "status" even after his death. Now that's sick

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 19, 2017 18:54

potus43
EddieByword
Chris Fountain

[www.nytimes.com]

The sad part is while Cosby complains (wrongly)he gets no support from fellow celebrities, Michael Jackson, a KNOWN pedophile, seems to have somehow able to retain his "acceptable "status" even after his death. Now that's sick
So true , MJ was accused of pedophilia

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home