Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Who's going to the movie Tuesday night ?
Date: October 18, 2011 22:34

The real question is how many of you will end up seeing JOHNNY ENGLISH REBORN by mistake.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 22:51

Yes, I'll be watching the movie "in the heat of the day - down in Mobile, Alabama..."

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 18, 2011 23:03

Nashville, TV - Green Hills theater tonight at 7:30. Yes I will be there, yes I will have a flask.

(Also saw Shine a Light and L&G there)

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:53

Oooooooh, it was SOOOOO Great!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:08

Wow , that lived up to all the hype.smileys with beer

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:19

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-19 05:20 by tatters.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:20

it was orgasmic. Why on earth did they put out "Lets Spend the night together" when they had this classic from just 3 years earlier. Thanks boys for giving us some great stuff.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:30

Mick was freakin' great. Will buy DVD. Great.

Date: October 19, 2011 05:40

Regrettably, I couldn't go but at least I'll have the DVD within 5 weeks. Glad everyone had a great time.

Posted by: OlRiddim ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:40

Post-smack Keith so much more engaged with the rest of the band compared to Ladies & Gents ... Ronnie plays his ass off. And yes, Mick shakes his.

Somebody have the story on the splint on Bill's fingers? I've missed that bit of history.

And in the final seconds, the spotlight follows Mick as he exits stage left ... with a flash of Ian Stewart standing at his piano just before the screen goes to black. A shiver ran through both my wife and I.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:03

Amazing. Fantastic movie. Well, the movie itself was just what it is, a live concert on film. The band was frantically genius.

Best live release EVER.

Looking forward to the DVD as well as the live album.

Posted by: normanplace ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:07

It was great! Keith awesome. Mick great. The last great Stones tour finally on film. I forgot about Love In Vain. Short and sweet. Miss You rocked 78 style. Happy with Mick and Keith dueting. Two Chuck Berry songs. F'ing great.

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:19

Miss You rocked!

Posted by: Ebling ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:23

Loved it even though the sound was jacked-up at my theater. Could barely hear Keith at all. Don't know if it was an issue with the satellite feed or what, but Jagger's guitar was higher in the mix for @#$%&'s sake! Kind of reminded me of the Philly '99 audio boot where there is virtually no KR. Ronnie sounded great and Jagger was just insane. Then there's that trusty rhythm section...good stuff.

Can't wait for the dvd.

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:24

THE BEST Rolling Stones concert I have ever seen. Period.

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:26

...and you can HAVE your Mick Taylor years--Ronnie ROCKED!!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:37

Music was fantastic. Mick was a little too "chummy' with Ronnie! Any IORRers in orland Park,Ill theatre??

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:38

As my lovely bride put it, "This was when they were a real rock 'n' roll band." Just five Stones and two Faces kicking it out old school.

I saw some pretty good bands in NYC during that spring and summer: Bowie, Kinks, Stones, and Springsteen.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 19, 2011 18:05

Ebling
Loved it even though the sound was jacked-up at my theater. Could barely hear Keith at all. Don't know if it was an issue with the satellite feed or what, but Jagger's guitar was higher in the mix for @#$%&'s sake!

the volume and mix were okay for me...could have been a bit louder, maybe. but the guitars were reasonably audible...more or less equivalent to the mix for the show on handsome girls.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 18:40

Very solid, and fun performance. Would have been nice if it focused on Charlie once in a while though, as he was drumming his arse off!

Excellent concert film, so much more interesting and enjoyable IMO than L&G. I can't believe they've been sitting on this baby for 30+ years.

Highlights for me were "Beast of Burden" (gorgeous), "Miss You", "Happy" ... hell, all of them. Not a dud in the lot.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home