Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Chuck Berry Have Mercy Boxset
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: October 16, 2011 23:40

I just got this a couple of days ago and I'm really diggin' this boxset! Love it! I need to get the other two boxsets. Does anyone here have these boxsets? What are your thoughts?

Re: OT: Chuck Berry Have Mercy Boxset
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 16, 2011 23:42

CrazyDadda
I just got this a couple of days ago and I'm really diggin' this boxset! Love it! I need to get the other two boxsets. Does anyone here have these boxsets? What are your thoughts?

I have them, & they're all amazing! All we need now is a Mercury years boxset.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 17, 2011 00:26

i have it as a free download set...it's great, like the others that came b4...

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 03:55

Sleepy City
CrazyDadda

I have the other two as well and all are truly great. They're not merely compilations of his albums, but there's a lot of unreleased tracks added in as well! And Hip-O definitely needs to do the Mercury years too. They're obviously not as good as the Chess material, but still interesting.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:34

Very nice sets. Includes a few concerts and I like the original record labels on the cds, a cool touch.

Date: October 17, 2011 11:24

Dark Horse 77
Sleepy City
CrazyDadda

I have the other two as well and all are truly great. They're not merely compilations of his albums, but there's a lot of unreleased tracks added in as well! And Hip-O definitely needs to do the Mercury years too. They're obviously not as good as the Chess material, but still interesting.

Actually (overall) I think The Mercury Years were more interesting than the later 1969 - 1975 Chess era. The 'Chuck Berry in Memphis' album is one of his best, working well as a true album (rather than just a collection of songs thrown together), & the Live at The Fillmore album (backed by The Steve Miller Band) is superb too.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 17, 2011 11:26

I thought it was the same case as with Penniman, songs recorded later than 1958 is just so and so....

2 1 2 0

Date: October 17, 2011 11:34

Come On
I thought it was the same case as with Penniman, songs recorded later than 1958 is just so and so....

Well those 1963 - 1964 recordings 'Nadine', 'No Particular Place To Go' & 'You Never Can Tell' weren't too bad.

Of course, some people say that Rolling Stones songs recorded after 1971 are just so & so...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 17, 2011 11:39

Of course, some people say that Rolling Stones songs recorded after 1971 are just so & so...

OOhhh! Who could that be? smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home