Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Bill Wyman + Mandy Smith
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:34

So in the 80s Charlie was a junkie and Bill was rockin' the cradle.[www.dailymail.co.uk] No wonder the band took some time off in that decade.

Anyway, I had sort of forgotten all about the Mandy Smith thing. Why do you think the world pretty much gave Bill a pass for...you know...having sex with a 14 year old?

Re: Bill Wyman + Mandy Smith
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:48

Didn't Elvis do it too? He got away with it also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 03:51 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: October 14, 2011 04:05

Absolutely pales in comparison to Jerry Lee Lewis. From Wiki:-

Lewis has been married six times.[18] His first marriage, to Dorothy Barton, lasted for 20 months, from February 1952 to October 1953 although there is some question that Lewis may have married Barton earlier than 1952. In a 1978 People magazine interview Lewis stated "I was 14 when I first got married. My wife was too old for me; she was 17."[19] His second marriage to Jane Mitchum was of dubious validity because it occurred 23 days before his divorce from Barton was final. They were married for four years, from September 1953 to October 1957. They had two children. He then married Myra Gale Brown in December 1957. She was his first cousin once removed, and thirteen at the time of the marriage. This marriage caused a scandal that nearly destroyed his career. He had to marry her twice due to not being fully divorced from Jane Mitchum when he married her. They had two children and divorced in December 1970 after 13 years of marriage. His fourth marriage was to Jaren Elizabeth Gunn Pate, and ended when she drowned in the swimming pool at their home. They were married for 12 years, from October 1971 to August 1983.[clarification needed] His fifth wife was Shawn Stephens. This marriage ended with her death from a methadone overdose. They were married for three months, from June to August 1984. His sixth marriage was to Kerrie McCarver, with whom he had one child. This marriage lasted 20 years and ended in divorce in 2004.

Lewis has had at least four children. Two additional people have claimed to be his children, but they had no proof. In 1962, his son Steve Allen Lewis drowned in a swimming pool accident when he was three, and in 1973, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jr., died at the age of 19[19][20] when he overturned the Jeep he was driving.[19] His current living children are a son, Jerry Lee Lewis III, and a daughter, Phoebe Allan Lewis

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 14, 2011 04:25

We weren't discussing jerry lee lewis ... and wasn't she 13 when Bill began dating her? It's funny, in Bill's book, he claims that he thought she was 21. Yeah, right.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 14, 2011 04:30

More Hot Rocks
Didn't Elvis do it too? He got away with it also.

Nope. While he met Priscilla when she was 14 or 15, they didnt have sex until several years later by all accounts. Not when she was under-age anyway.

The probable reason why Wyman wasnt prosecuted was because when the story broke, neither party admitted that any under-age intercourse had taken place. Bill did actually admit that it had (when she was 15) many years later, but I think by then they were actually divorced and no complaint was ever made. Her mum wasnt exactly over-protective, it has to be said!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 04:35 by Gazza.

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: October 14, 2011 04:30

Because it happend during a different time. Same with Elvis and Lewis. None of them would get away with it today.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 14, 2011 04:44

brianwalker
Because it happend during a different time. Same with Elvis and Lewis. None of them would get away with it today.

The time it happened isnt the issue with Lewis. It was presumably 'legal' in the state where they lived as they were married. It only became an issue when they went to England and it became apparent that Myra was (in the eyes of the UK law) underage.

(Lewis has since said that he was only 14 himself when HE was first married - his wife was 17). The 'legality' issue was due to the fact that he still wasnt properly divorced from his second wife. They then married legally (she was still 13-14) and stayed married for 13 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 04:45 by Gazza.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 14, 2011 05:22

What about Jimmy Page and Lori Maddox? Wasn't she about 14 during the days of the Riot House in the early '70's?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: October 14, 2011 05:25

punkfloyd
So in the 80s Charlie was a junkie and Bill was rockin' the cradle.[www.dailymail.co.uk] No wonder the band took some time off in that decade.

Anyway, I had sort of forgotten all about the Mandy Smith thing. Why do you think the world pretty much gave Bill a pass for...you know...having sex with a 14 year old?

Bill had found her nose ring, or tongue ring, with his metal detector so it seemed innocuous at first.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: October 14, 2011 06:07

I doubt Bill Wyman is the first, or the last, rock star to have sex with underage girls. Lets look at something for a minute: when the Rolling Stones and the Beatles were on tour in the mid 60's their audience was primarily 12-15 year old girls. Do you honestly think they stopped to check ID when a girl came back stage? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying our heroes are pedophiles, but I think its naive to bring two or three people out and say they had affairs with young girls when circumstances would probably suggest otherwise.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 14, 2011 06:10

Was it old Bill's serenading her with his fine melody "Pussy" that charmed her and won her heart? Or perhaps it was "Je Suis Un Rock Star", or maybe "Monkey Grip"...oh, never mind.

Date: October 14, 2011 06:36

Happy Jack
I doubt Bill Wyman is the first, or the last, rock star to have sex with underage girls. Lets look at something for a minute: when the Rolling Stones and the Beatles were on tour in the mid 60's their audience was primarily 12-15 year old girls. Do you honestly think they stopped to check ID when a girl came back stage? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying our heroes are pedophiles, but I think its naive to bring two or three people out and say they had affairs with young girls when circumstances would probably suggest otherwise.

I can't stand this type of argument. Whats youyr point? I hate it when someone excuses something by bringing up the fact that someone else did it. Are you honestly saying that Wyman at 50 shouldn't be knocked about this because the Beatles might have done it when they were 20. Wyman should be knocked big time for this, he is a pedo, and now if you want to talk about the Beatles thats another thread.

By the way Smith now feels she was abused by Wyman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 06:37 by brianwalker.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: October 14, 2011 06:43

Maybe he was just doing research, hey Pete.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 06:44 by lapaz62.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 14, 2011 07:54

brianwalker
Happy Jack

I can't stand this type of argument. Whats youyr point? I hate it when someone excuses something by bringing up the fact that someone else did it. Are you honestly saying that Wyman at 50 shouldn't be knocked about this because the Beatles might have done it when they were 20. Wyman should be knocked big time for this, he is a pedo, and now if you want to talk about the Beatles thats another thread.

By the way Smith now feels she was abused by Wyman.

I agree with you...Wyman is a slimeball for that, for whatever you think of his bass playing.

HAD she complained at the time, he would probably have gone to jail...that about says it all.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 14, 2011 08:05

it's only rock n' roll

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: October 14, 2011 08:11

LeonidP
We weren't discussing jerry lee lewis ... and wasn't she 13 when Bill began dating her? It's funny, in Bill's book, he claims that he thought she was 21. Yeah, right.

To be fair she looked a lot older than 13.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 14, 2011 08:21

Send It To me
it's only rock n' roll

unless it were to happen to your daughter.

Date: October 14, 2011 08:25

We need to bring in the Woody Allen thread.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:07

Are celebs treated differently? I know I get really angry when I see Roman Polanski being defended by film stars. I know if anyone did to my daughter what he did to that 13 girl I certainly wouldn't want him let off because he'd made a few decent films.

Are Bill he was lucky, very lucky, to get away without a conviction.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:08

Mandy presented herself as an 18 year old, in terms of the way she dressed, and also the way she was out in public, available to Bill. Her mother, who later married Bill"s son, also colluded in the arrangement. So I do not think of him as a predatory pedophile.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:11

...Bliss please do you know if Bill's son is still with Mandy's mum?????

ROCKMAN

Date: October 14, 2011 10:43

Bliss
Mandy presented herself as an 18 year old, in terms of the way she dressed, and also the way she was out in public, available to Bill. Her mother, who later married Bill"s son, also colluded in the arrangement. So I do not think of him as a predatory pedophile.

He knew she was 14.

It doesn't matter one bit what her Mother thought of it. Are you seriously saying that if a 50 year old man can find a 13 year old whos Mother doesn't care then anything is fair game? he can just say well her Mother didn't care.

If you want to start a thread about her skills as a Mother we can, but this thread is about Wyman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 10:44 by brianwalker.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:47

brianwalker
Bliss

He knew she was 14.

It doesn't matter one bit what her Mother thought of it. Are you seriously saying that if a 50 year old man can find a 13 year old whos Mother doesn't care then anything is fair game? he can just say well her Mother didn't care.

If you want to start a thread about her skills as a Mother we can, but this thread is about Wyman.

Yes, those are my views. I don't think Bill exploited Mandy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 11:39 by Bliss.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 14, 2011 11:02

Baxter Thwaites
LeonidP

To be fair she looked a lot older than 13.

That's what Polanski said.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 14, 2011 11:05

Bliss
wiki says "paedophilia is defined as a psychiatric disorder...typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children"

I'm no expert but I think a paedo would be interested in a 14 yr old who looked her age or younger. Bill fancied a 14 year old who looked older so I wouldn't call him a paedophile.

However, while paedophiles are driven to these acts a non paedo who has sex with a 14 yr isn't compelled he makes a choice. Which is at least is just as bad. In this case if Bill knew her age and still had sex with her, regardless of what the mother thought, he was a sex offender who should have ben prosecuted (and probably the mother too which is why she didn't cooperate with the police).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 11:05 by Braincapers.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 14, 2011 11:42

I remember thinking how lucky he was to have a bird like that, no more & no less. Glad he's shot of her now though, as she's really let herself go.

Date: October 14, 2011 11:46

Polanski wasn't just guilty of statutory rape, he was guilty of rape-rape.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 14, 2011 11:49

Braincapers
Bliss
wiki says "paedophilia is defined as a psychiatric disorder...typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children"

I'm no expert but I think a paedo would be interested in a 14 yr old who looked her age or younger. Bill fancied a 14 year old who looked older so I wouldn't call him a paedophile.

However, while paedophiles are driven to these acts a non paedo who has sex with a 14 yr isn't compelled he makes a choice. Which is at least is just as bad. In this case if Bill knew her age and still had sex with her, regardless of what the mother thought, he was a sex offender who should have ben prosecuted (and probably the mother too which is why she didn't cooperate with the police).

There can't be many 13 or 14 year olds that are "prepubescent"... So, right or wrong, legal or illegal, it can't be described as "paedophilia" (unless you're a tabloid press reporter).

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:11

Woah , only 120 years ago you were lucky to live till 40! Probably married by 13-16 as a girl, 20 as a boy.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:14

I had sex with a 14 year old, she was the older woman and took advantage of me, still haven't forgotten that 30 seconds.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1518
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home