Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dwight Yoakam And Steve Jones Talk About The Rolling Stones
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 26, 2017 17:13

It happens in the beginning of the interview.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Dwight Yoakam And Steve Jones Talk About The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 26, 2017 18:02

Very cool Johnny. thumbs up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 26, 2017 18:06

Steve jones is @#$%& cool and love jonesys jukebox.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: March 26, 2017 19:37

cool

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 26, 2017 20:39

way cool ty. then it auto played a lot of varied Dwight stuff and the guy is just so for real rocking good. An inspirational cat; a real exciting musical presence; great songs and players. A pleasure to be reminded and taken right there; and seeing how ya yas and those Stones years are so significant to both these fellers...and how hip to the details and etc like the real fans they are...

dozens and dozens of really great songs. Dwight is not phony; he's got all this actor talent and all that but he's no hwd bullshit. zero. he puts out real music for real at a very high level consitently for decades. His live shows have been legendary. I sometimes so appreciate being reminded of some of these few great really 'real' guys just opening up like this. What Steve did with that one album and what Dwight does every working day for decades, across so many different 'charts' and 'styles'...love this stuff ty.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 27, 2017 01:40

So talk goes to where the photo was taken and they both agree it was shot in the US, but it was actually taken in London in early February 1970.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 27, 2017 04:09

Love that cap with the STP logo.

50 years ago STP decals were everywhere. Every boy in my school had one on stuck their Pee Chee folder.

I see that logo now and I can still hear the "STP...is the racer's edge!" jingle.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-27 04:10 by loog droog.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 27, 2017 04:29

loog droog

50 years ago STP decals were everywhere. Every boy in my school had one on stuck their Pee Chee folder.

I see that logo now and I can still hear the "STP...is the racer's edge!" jingle.

[www.youtube.com]

I had one on the seat of my Schwinn bike - that logo was as popular as the Stones tongue is today!

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: March 27, 2017 05:34

Finally Got to see Dwight in concert last week in a little club here in Bham. Fantastic Show!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 27, 2017 06:40

From Wiki:

Some of the performances, as well as one of the two photography sessions for the album cover featuring Charlie Watts and a donkey, are depicted in the documentary film Gimme Shelter, and shows Jagger and Watts on a road in Birmingham, UK in early December 1969 posing with the donkey.[5] The actual cover photo however was taken in early February 1970 in London, and does not originate from the 1969 session. The photo by David Bailey, featuring Watts with guitars and bass drums hanging from the neck of a donkey, was inspired by a line in Bob Dylan's song, "Visions of Johanna": "Jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule" (though, as mentioned, the animal in the photo is a donkey, not a mule). The band would later say “we originally wanted an elephant but settled for a donkey” .[6] Watts said that his wardrobe (which includes a T-shirt with a picture of woman's breasts) was his usual stage getup along with Jagger's striped hat.[7]

You can tell DY is a member of the large club of people who love that album.

Date: March 27, 2017 06:48

Why did they pick Charlie (and Mr Donkey) on the cover of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!
[iorr.org]

Date: March 27, 2017 18:27

Hairball
loog droog

[www.youtube.com]

I had one on the seat of my Schwinn bike - that logo was as popular as the Stones tongue is today!

Yeah! STP decal on a Schwinn bike!! That is perfect. That was THE thing to do!

That takes me back to a very specific moment in time.

Maybe this should be noted on the Chuck Berry thread, but Steve Jones really did right by Chuck on his first show after his death by opening the program with about six or seven famous Berry covers, one of which was "Carol" from Ya-Ya's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-27 19:22 by loog droog.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2017 00:39

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 28, 2017 01:20

'what's left of me'... a Yoakam/Jagger composition... who knew?...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2017 01:32

Dwight Yoakam as Doyle Hargraves ----- Slingblade

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 28, 2017 10:12

the strangest thing is when i saw dwight live a few years ago he had a guitar player who had keiths exact mannerisms from the 70's.

it was bizarre because 1.i'm not sure the guy was doing it on purpose and 2.it reminded me of how much keith had changed because of the big stadium stages.not sure who the guy is but it was similar enough to where i was having a sort of flashback.i was also really stoned so put no stock in what i'm saying,the show was great though.dwight yoakam is the real deal.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 28, 2017 21:16

Natlanta
'what's left of me'... a Yoakam/Jagger composition... who knew?...

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks, never knew - sounds good...I like it! thumbs up

Date: March 29, 2017 10:51

lem motlow
the strangest thing is when i saw dwight live a few years ago he had a guitar player who had keiths exact mannerisms from the 70's.

it was bizarre because 1.i'm not sure the guy was doing it on purpose and 2.it reminded me of how much keith had changed because of the big stadium stages.not sure who the guy is but it was similar enough to where i was having a sort of flashback.i was also really stoned so put no stock in what i'm saying,the show was great though.dwight yoakam is the real deal.

Was this Pete Anderson? I;m not sure if they are still together, but Anderson was DY's guitarist, producer, partner in crime for many albums. One of the best guitarists I have ever seen.

Date: March 29, 2017 11:52

I agree. I think Pete Anderson is one of the best and most creative guitarists in the world. Ever. I don't know if he's still with Dwight; but I do know he was there for the longest time in studio and live and is really a huge, huge part of Dwight's success. I mean he pretty much discovered him in a way; He produced that first record, 'guitars, cadillacs...'
i mean i think Dwight had been writing a lot and working the bars, with Pete too early on but I'm not sure exactly the history....I know he's on about twenty of Dwights records, no lie....and was with him for at least a dozen years; it might have been a dozen years since he left; I know he produces and puts out his own stuff but I've shamefully not taken the time to really know much more about Pete or to have caught up with his own solo stuff....and i don't know how many compilations Dwight has out, or live ones with Pete but just studio LPs he must be on a dozen, and close to twenty with all the other Dwight product...
I've actually only ever seen or heard him with Dwight but he made such a huge huge impression on me; he's really one of the unheralded true greats...well he's pretty well known, i wouldn't say unheralded, not a big star but very, very big star talent imo....plus he's really original with his style. I don't think 95% of the really good pro guitarists out there can touch him.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 29, 2017 16:03

lem motlow

Yeah, that was probably Eugene Edwards. He reminds me a bit of Keith too.

Pete left after the Population Me album (2003). Although I think Dwight just wanted something different and started producing his own albums.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 29, 2017 16:30

Is Steve Jones British? Not the Sex Pistols Steve Jones? OMG just watched a bit more and yes it is...he got old.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-29 16:36 by exhpart.

Date: March 29, 2017 17:58

exhpart
Is Steve Jones British? Not the Sex Pistols Steve Jones? OMG just watched a bit more and yes it is...he got old.

...as opposed to Brian Jones, who stayed the same.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 4, 2017 20:55

Thanks for the link, JohnnyBGoode!

I really loved those cowpunk groups of the early eighties he is talking about;
of course Stanley Brothers too...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home