Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Taylor Writing Autobiography
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 27, 2011 22:28

If you thought Keith Richards' bestseller 'Life' told you all you'd ever want to know about the Rolling Stones, you'd be wrong. A tell-all is in the works from former guitarist Mick Taylor, who played in the band during its debauched 1969-1974 heyday.

"I want to write a book that is honest and truthful, especially about myself," Taylor told BANG Showbiz (via Gibson.com). The 62-year-old guitarist, who joined the band after the death of co-founder Brian Jones and played on such classics as 'Exile on Main Street,' says he will also explain why he quit the group in its prime.

"It certainly wasn't because I didn't like the rest of the band, or had a huge falling out, or anything like that. It's much more personal than that," Taylor continues. "I kind of loved it. I loved it and I hated it. The more successful the Stones became the more seriously they took themselves."

Taylor said his project will differ from the controversial tome Richards released last fall. "I don't want to write the kind of book that will shock people, about the scandals, sex, drugs and rock and roll," he explains, "because Keith's done that with his book."
[www.spinner.com]

Re: Mick Taylor Writing Autobiography
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 27, 2011 22:32

Looking forward to this.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 27, 2011 22:42

I heard some of his interviews (in documentaries about the Stones) -he knows how to tell stories. I hope his book will be relatively accurate and not designed to settle scores

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 27, 2011 22:45

I'm too looking forward to this ....although I think it will be a more negative then positive autobiography

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 27, 2011 22:53

proudmary
I heard some of his interviews (in documentaries about the Stones) -he knows how to tell stories. I hope his book will be relatively accurate and not designed to settle scores

No scores to settle? Sounds pretty boring. Maybe Keith can give him a few pointers. I mean, Life is an award winning masterpiece.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 27, 2011 23:10

Can't be boring, during his time in the Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-27 23:11 by Harm.

Date: November 27, 2011 23:15

Harm

I will read it no matter what. Just hope we see him on stage with the boys next summer at least once.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 27, 2011 23:19

stonescrow
Harm

I will read it no matter what. Just hope we see him on stage with the boys next summer at least once.
thumbs up....in the Arena di Verona

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 27, 2011 23:37

"I don't want to write the kind of book that will shock people, about the scandals, sex, drugs and rock and roll," he explains.

Well, good luck finding a publisher then.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 23:40

'Life' was a piece of shit, so anything would be a better read than that.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 28, 2011 00:11

71Tele
"I don't want to write the kind of book that will shock people, about the scandals, sex, drugs and rock and roll," he explains.

Well rock star bios are the new trend among publishers. So I guess MT will find one even if his memoir is devoid of the usual trash.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: November 28, 2011 00:18

No scandals, no drugs and no rock'n'roll, so what's he goin write about?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 28, 2011 00:36

Floorbird
No scandals, no drugs and no rock'n'roll, so what's he goin write about?

Music maybe........

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 28, 2011 00:53

71Tele

I don't know. This quote suggests it won't be a fluff piece.
"I kind of loved it. I loved it and I hated it. The more successful the Stones became the more seriously they took themselves."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 28, 2011 00:55

.....will it have an index???

ROCKMAN

Date: November 28, 2011 00:56

We had a thread on this recently. Has Taylor actually contracted tow rite a book, or is he merely thinking about writing one, in which case it may never see the light of day. I want to know his 1972 make-up tips. Hope that's in there.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: November 28, 2011 01:42

If the talk that he might play with the band in some capacity during any upcoming tour has any truth in it, then he'd be best not to upset anyone with a "tell-all" autobiography.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:38

this from a man would have released about 45 solo albums by now if you went by what he told ppl...

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:46

People, people, people... please... let Taylor tell HIS story! No matter if it isn't sleaze or bored. It is HIS truth. You all know how he was and his. He isn't the kind of guy who throws in the dirty tales or something. So, please, take it easy. It isn't out yet and he is still writing.

If this book comes out, I will read it. Bios are always fascinating to me.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 28, 2011 03:03

I think Life is way underrated on this board. That said, I will easily read Taylor's book if it comes out. He's always been fairly candid about his time with the band, admitting that he took drugs, etc. He doesn't have to look for scandalous stories, he just have to write about his time with the band (and before and after) and it will be interesting. Wyman's books are a little boring at times, partly because he spent so much time away from the rest of the band. Think about all the guitar Taylor played with the band, all the drugs he actually took (with Keith or someone else). If he's open with that, it will be an interesting book.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 28, 2011 03:12

DiamondDog7
If this book comes out, I will read it.

but will you if it doesn't? that's the more interesting question...

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: November 28, 2011 03:43

sweetcharmedlife
Taylor told BANG Showbiz (via Gibson.com)

This means it was taken from a Gibson.com blurb back in March: [www.gibson.com]

Nothing new here.

One suspects, however, that we'll get a book from Lightnin' before Taylor.
Unless she's been reading his manuscript . . .

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 28, 2011 03:47

I think it'll be a good read. I think Lightnin', on the board here, is the co-author. Or at least the editorial consultant.

Good timing, with the 50th and all. Looking forward to it.

Date: November 28, 2011 03:53

duke richardson
I think it'll be a good read. I think Lightnin', on the board here, is the co-author. Or at least the editorial consultant.

Good timing, with the 50th and all. Looking forward to it.

You mean co-author on the Taylor book?

Date: November 28, 2011 03:54

I am anxiously awaiting Mick Taylor's perspective on the Jagger todger.

Date: November 28, 2011 04:18

From Vibrato to Potato

Date: November 28, 2011 04:56

Stonescrow said:
No scores to settle? Sounds pretty boring. Maybe Keith can give him a few pointers
Exactly.
+1

Date: November 28, 2011 05:06

its good to be anywhere
Stonescrow said:
No scores to settle? Sounds pretty boring. Maybe Keith can give him a few pointers
Exactly.
+1

Yes, and Mick can do the editing like he did with the book he co-authored with Keith! Oh, were not supposed to know that!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 28, 2011 12:02

I really would like to read Taylor's comments on the Rolling Stones attitude and "workflow" in the studio. Taylor seemed to master things in 1, 2 or 3 takes. Now that might have been a bit different with Keith.. smoking smiley

Date: November 28, 2011 12:14

Amsterdamned
I really would like to read Taylor's comments on the Rolling Stones attitude and "workflow" in the studio. Taylor seemed to master things in 1, 2 or 3 takes. Now that might have been a bit different with Keith.. smoking smiley

Keith is known for wanting to record multiple takes of each song. According to himself he never chooses the perfect take smiling smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1492
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home