Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cellophane Trousers
Date: March 23, 2017 11:40

A cool track. There are elements from the bridge in Love Is Strong and the backbone of the song is the riff/the chords from Too Tough (floating into Fight after a while).

Did they Keep Keith's open G-guitar track and Charlie's drums for Too Tough + added a chorus + the other stuff?

Surely it's Wayne Perkins in the left channel?

Any thoughts?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-23 11:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: Cellophane Trousers
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 23, 2017 12:09

Nice uptempo rocker. Natural progression and growth from leaving behind the golden era and diving into the future of weaving and yes I can hear Wayne Perkins staccato phrases in the fill and then Perkins kills it with a killer solo .Hard for me to tell about Keef's open-G but that is his bread and butter.No way this should have been left on the floor and should have been included on Black and Blue and I most certainly can hear the bridge from Love is Strong and maybe this was reworked during Voodoo Lounge and made into Love is Strong ,the Glimmers are known for revisiting tracks . This is a really good track damn shame that Mick did not throw down some lyrics and complete this most awesome track .DP where is this from Munich ? Love it a lot and thank you for blessing my ears with this most wonderful music so bright and early to start my workday on an uptempothumbs up

Date: March 23, 2017 12:18

TheGreek
Nice uptempo rocker. Natural progression and growth from leaving behind the golden era and diving into the future of weaving and yes I can hear Wayne Perkins staccato phrases in the fill and then Perkins kills it with a killer solo .Hard for me to tell about Keef's open-G but that is his bread and butter.No way this should have been left on the floor and should have been included on Black and Blue and I most certainly can hear the bridge from Love is Strong and maybe this was reworked during Voodoo Lounge and made into Love is Strong ,the Glimmers are known for revisiting tracks . This is a really good track damn shame that Mick did not throw down some lyrics and complete this most awesome track .DP where is this from Munich ? Love it a lot and thank you for blessing my ears with this most wonderful music so bright and early to start my workday on an uptempothumbs up

It's centered in the soundscape (like on Undercover) and the sound is very similar. Can't remember right here and now if his playing is identical, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, must be from Munich.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 23, 2017 12:55

The only Cellophane Trousers, I mean, THE only Cellophane Trousers that really makes it are the ones that Iggy Pop wore on The White ROOm show on UK TV back in 96.

And here they are in all their see through glory.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 23, 2017 13:17

One of the few outtakes/work-in-progress-songs that are worth listening to. I think just about every element of CT appeared in songs that were recorded later on. A bit here, a bit there.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 23, 2017 15:08

Along with Munich Reggae and It's All Lie it was remixed in 1980 for possible use on Tattoo You, but didn't make the cut.

Date: March 23, 2017 15:10

Monsoon Ragoon
Along with Munich Reggae and It's All Lie it was remixed in 1980 for possible use on Tattoo You, but didn't make the cut.

With Perkins's or Wood's guitar track?

Date: March 23, 2017 15:16

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

I don't know, but it is not that far from the 1975 version. It's (only?) available on the DAC Emotional Rescue Sessions.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 23, 2017 15:17

Black & Blue Deluxe with the Paris '76 show should have been released last year for it's 40th anniversary!!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 23, 2017 17:39

"Cellophane Trousers" always seemed like "Too Tough" and "Fight" predecessor that didn't make the cut. Love it!

[www.youtube.com] (Nice lead around 3:40 - Wayne Perkins?)

More:
[www.facebook.com]

[www.iorr.org]

Date: March 23, 2017 18:30

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

I don't know, but it is not that far from the 1975 version. It's (only?) available on the DAC Emotional Rescue Sessions.

Sorry, I mixed it up with Let's Do It Right. (But the Cellophane Trousers-remix could be ER/TY-days too).

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 23, 2017 20:23

these sort of jams are heartbreaking for me to listen to because we all know it's a product of hours and hours working in the studio and something we'll probably never see again-
a typical night started around 7:30 or 8 in the evening and went until daylight the next day.keith jamming endlessly,he'd come up with a riff and they'd work on it for awhile and move on to something else.
some got worked through to become finished songs,some left for the next record,some left for years.
we most likely own bootlegs that have more work put into them than blue and lonesome.

CB11 said that he'd seen them jamming as a band for bridges and working hard together in response to a similar post i made to this one.i don't doubt what he said but it leads me to wonder,what were they working on? a song mick or keith wrote with other people? a song they wrote alone and brought to the band almost finished?

this simple track without even a vocal on it has more of the real spirit and feel of the rolling stones than entire albums they've released.
maybe they've just gotten older and don't have it in them to spend that much time locked up in a studio or too much water has passed under the bridge for mick and keith to be around each other that much,i don't know but what a damn shame.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: March 23, 2017 23:52

lem motlow
these sort of jams are heartbreaking for me to listen to because we all know it's a product of hours and hours working in the studio and something we'll probably never see again-
a typical night started around 7:30 or 8 in the evening and went until daylight the next day.keith jamming endlessly,he'd come up with a riff and they'd work on it for awhile and move on to something else.
some got worked through to become finished songs,some left for the next record,some left for years.
we most likely own bootlegs that have more work put into them than blue and lonesome.

CB11 said that he'd seen them jamming as a band for bridges and working hard together in response to a similar post i made to this one.i don't doubt what he said but it leads me to wonder,what were they working on? a song mick or keith wrote with other people? a song they wrote alone and brought to the band almost finished?

this simple track without even a vocal on it has more of the real spirit and feel of the rolling stones than entire albums they've released.
maybe they've just gotten older and don't have it in them to spend that much time locked up in a studio or too much water has passed under the bridge for mick and keith to be around each other that much,i don't know but what a damn shame.

I think you're right that we will probably never again see any new material that has the same feel as the band's classic period, due to their working methods having changed so dramatically since then.

Aside from interpersonal matters that we can only guess about, I think age is a huge factor. I'm 20 years younger than the Stones, and I'm not lazy, but I can't imagine anything less appealing than the thought of staying up all night working.

The closest thing we're likely to get is B&L, since from a certain point of view the band has been "working on" those blues tracks for decades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-23 23:53 by blivet.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 24, 2017 15:09

And Megatrax Vol.1 where it appeared the first time.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2017 15:23

great...definitely hear too tough in there.

Date: March 26, 2017 12:46

Better than the last five studio albums together...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 26, 2017 16:13

Monsoon Ragoon

Have never read that anywhere. Have only seen Let's Do It Right and Munich Reggae as the unreleased tracks that were worked on for TATTOO YOU.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 26, 2017 16:17

Just saw that you confused it for Let's Do It Right.

There is something at the end of Cellophane Trousers that is on another BLACK AND BLUE song, some squiddily notes that are in Hand Of Fate.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 26, 2017 18:53

Monsoon Ragoon
Better than the last five studio albums together...

thumbs up

It's like a hidden time capsule containing what could have been a full on stomping Stones classic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home