Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Nice article re new-old Dion album
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 21, 2017 17:59

Nice read. Looking forward to hearing this. He's also done some blues album the past few years that are great.

[www.billboard.com]

Re: OT: Nice article re new-old Dion album
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 21, 2017 18:49

Yes he's had quite a low key but very long career.
Perhaps , in some ways that's the way to be.

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: March 21, 2017 20:10

Dion is a highly underrated guy. Split from the Belmonts cause he wanted to do bluesy-jazz.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 21, 2017 21:14

Always pleased to hear of more Dion material to listen to. One of the great early voices who should be better known.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 22, 2017 08:50

a few of these have surfaced over the years. they are quite excellent; as is Dion to this very day. As a writer, guitarist and fine singer in great shape, even at almost 80. making old Bill Wyman seem like just a kid. This guy was having big important hits 6 or so years before The Stones were a thing in Ameria at all. This guy is one of the most precious and one of the most talented guys; and hugests sweetest spirits ever to grace the medium of rock and roll and/or doo wop/blues etc...

He has his own Martin Dion model; he's won recent grammys and nominations for his folk blues albums. This is guy is the real deal. There are very few like him; maybe nobody at all. God bless Dion Dimucci; King and originator of rhythm rock. He's on the cover of Sgt. Pepper yet he went on record early on preferring The Stones...
He's just an ace cat up down and sideways. and a brilliant singer. and a great soul. Good news about this new abum release. I'm there for sure as soon as it's out. I've already got a few songs that have eked out over the years from those sessions....
Even his Phil Spector LP which he sort of disavowed and never was releaseed states side has revelatory moments. During some hard time the Belmonts and he got together for a one off LP on ABC records called "Together Again" it flopped quickly hut was so very very brilliant. Dion's the man. He's the man among kids miscreants lost souls, overstuffed pretenders and passe pop stars. He's the real original deal.

His Dion & The Belmost Live Reunion at MSG originally released on Warners and then re-released on Rhino in the 80's with cool liner notes; well that one off album is just a revelation of great songs great singers overwhelming great crowd. and it was just a one off with hardly a backstage rehearsal. I have no end of respect for one of the few real rock and rollers on this planet. He's almost 80 and his MOTHER IS STILL ALIVE! so settle in for the long haul; this guy is supernatural and super talented and super sweet in the best sense of the word or connotaton. im my humble opinion.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-22 17:37 by hopkins.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 22, 2017 16:40

Just a note: Dion will be 78 this year.

Date: March 22, 2017 17:39

thank you for the correction; i had written him older than that but edited in the correct age. He was born in '39. By 16 he was already making hit records.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 23, 2017 12:15

Dion is also on a new album appearing on one track of the just released Paul Shaffer and the worlds most dangerous Band .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 23, 2017 16:41

I thought this was about Celine Dion...

Date: March 23, 2017 19:38

Nope not Celine; quite a different thing in every way.

[en.wikipedia.org]
give a gander at that discography; mr. diMucci a major major player from the start and very much continues with integrity and class to this very day.
i have seen him live more than once; and have dozens of his records; and he is an amazing man. Guys like Dylan and lesser talents like Springsteen and many others pretty much worship the ground he walks on.
And very understandably so imo.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-23 19:39 by hopkins.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home