Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 57
Re: OT: Led Zeppelin stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 20, 2021 16:07

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, November 19:

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 20, 2021 18:45

Awww man, I was hoping they were going to do Stairway To Heaven....Joking. That is really good stuff. Looking forward to seeing them live.

I also noticed they are using Sennheiser 441 vocal mics. Once a taper always a taper. Those were used extensively taping Grateful Dad shows in the 1980's.

Date: November 20, 2021 22:26

CBS Saturday Morning, November 20:

Date: November 20, 2021 22:51

NPR Music Listening Party: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, 'Raise the Roof'

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 21, 2021 00:13

This is a really good album of music. Am enjoying it. Alas, they aren't touring in my part of the world. Just asking BTW, why is Plant with this and other albums he's done stuck under the LZ thread? By this point in time one realizes, at least me, LZ is not where he's still at unlike Page.

Date: November 21, 2021 00:25

Agreed. They aren't touring near me but go to see it so going to Hyde Park.

I guess the same reason Roger Waters is in Pink Floyd

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: November 21, 2021 01:16

Just love Plant`s new stuff with Alison Krauss. Though it shows more her voice then his, as I can see on those tracks... I`d prefere more of him. Ordered CD nevertheless)

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 21, 2021 08:05

The last one won a ton of Grammys if I remember correctly. See no reason this album wouldn't also be very good.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 23, 2021 03:23

Robert contracted COVID despite getting double-jabbed...and recovered.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-23 03:27 by RisingStone.

Date: November 25, 2021 00:25

Robert Plant’s Solution to the Beatles-Stones ‘Feud’ — and More From Our Plant-Krauss Interview

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss talk about their new album, the legacy of Led Zeppelin, O, Brother Where Art Thou? and more on Rolling Stone Music Now

By Brian Hiatt
November 24, 2021

David McClister*

Robert Plant is highly amused by Paul McCartney’s dubbing the Rolling Stones “a blues cover band,” perhaps in part because his own old band faced similar criticism. “I don’t think there’s any fighting,” he says in the new episode of Rolling Stone Music Now. “They’ve known each other since 1963. They love each other desperately.” Still, if there’s any animus, he knows how to resolve it: McCartney, he says, “should just play bass with the Stones.”

The singer was joined on this episode by Alison Krauss, who just recorded the excellent new album Raising the Roof with him.

To hear the entire episode listen on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 25, 2021 22:00

I really enjoyed the first album ! The first tastes of the second one sounds good to me.

OT: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss Mini Concert - wow!
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 14, 2021 16:38

Exceptional, sublime, IMHO. Wish there was more. Wish they were gonna be touring near me. Far beyond Zep...please do not hide them there.

[www.npr.org]

Re: OT: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss Mini Concert - wow!
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 14, 2021 17:10

dmay
Exceptional, sublime, IMHO. Wish there was more. Wish they were gonna be touring near me. Far beyond Zep...please do not hide them there.

[www.npr.org]

They do have some magic when they sing together. Would love to see their tour but it's not coming near me. They've also had great production & players on the records & touring with them in the past. Nothing but respect for Plant. He has stayed true to his muse instead of chasing the big paydays. I'm sure he has plenty of money to see him through the rest of his days & also set up his surviving children for life.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 14, 2021 17:33

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: December 14, 2021 18:00

Don't lets forget the contribution of the band to this marvellous performance!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 14, 2021 18:00

NilsHolgersson

This Lucinda cover is fantastic!

No one sings it like Lu though.. "broken down like a train wreck"

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 14, 2021 18:36

It's fantastic - if you close your eyes. It sounds brilliant but Robert has unfortunately lost all of his lead singer presence, the elegance and charisma he used to have. He's now just behaving and looking like some ordinary singing grandpa, clinging tight onto the microphone stand, sunken in with not a lot of body tension. The clothes do not make it better.

I know it's just a studio session and I know he's old of course but Mick is too and he still has it all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-14 18:37 by StonedRambler.

Date: December 14, 2021 19:04

StonedRambler
It's fantastic - if you close your eyes. It sounds brilliant but Robert has unfortunately lost all of his lead singer presence, the elegance and charisma he used to have. He's now just behaving and looking like some ordinary singing grandpa, clinging tight onto the microphone stand, sunken in with not a lot of body tension. The clothes do not make it better.

I know it's just a studio session and I know he's old of course but Mick is too and he still has it all.

It's not a live show. Its more streaming stuff. Unless he lost it during the pandemic he still had it last time I saw him in 2019.

OT: Led Zeppelin stuff
Date: February 18, 2022 21:07

When The Levee Breaks feat. John Paul Jones | Playing For Change | Song Around The World

[playingforchange.org]

OT-When The Levee Breaks feat. John Paul Jones | Playing For Change | Song Around The World
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 20, 2022 16:23

I don't think you have to be a Zeppelin fan to enjoy this arrangement:

Give it a listen, it really cooks.

Re: OT-When The Levee Breaks feat. John Paul Jones | Playing For Change | Song Around The World
Date: February 20, 2022 20:33

treaclefingers

John Paul Jones is an amazing musician & doesn't get nearly enough credit for the importance of his role in Zep.

Re: OT-When The Levee Breaks feat. John Paul Jones | Playing For Change | Song Around The World
Date: February 21, 2022 02:16

crholmstrom
treaclefingers

John Paul Jones is an amazing musician & doesn't get nearly enough credit for the importance of his role in Zep.

Agreed.

I just love this version too. And amidst all that great cinematography JP Jones is the coolest thing to watch.

Date: February 21, 2022 09:46

As crholmstrom mentions, JPJ has NEVER gotten his true due in Zep. Definitely a Who type of situation where everyone brings something different, and completely needed to that band. Robert always gets the credit for his vocals and golden god appearance, Jimmy always gets the credit for being a guitar legend and producing all of those records, and Bonham always gets the credit for being the drum maestro. JPJ's bass playing, songwriting, and organ playing that band is integral and its always a bit annoying that even Plant and Page seem to write him off, or feel obligated to include him when they do. Man's a legend and always has been. This is great.

Date: February 21, 2022 16:01

RollingFreak
As crholmstrom mentions, JPJ has NEVER gotten his true due in Zep. Definitely a Who type of situation where everyone brings something different, and completely needed to that band. Robert always gets the credit for his vocals and golden god appearance, Jimmy always gets the credit for being a guitar legend and producing all of those records, and Bonham always gets the credit for being the drum maestro. JPJ's bass playing, songwriting, and organ playing that band is integral and its always a bit annoying that even Plant and Page seem to write him off, or feel obligated to include him when they do. Man's a legend and always has been. This is great.

It is odd isn't it. I don't know anything about JPJ but I wonder if it's a personality type thing, where they didn't 'like' him for some reason.

If you take the Stones as an example, it really feels like Mick and Keith didn't actually 'like' Bill, or at least respect him. It wasn't his bass playing, it was maybe a personality thing. Contrast that with their love for Charlie.

So, not saying it's justifiable but I wonder whether that may have had something to do with it.

But none of that matters to the fans and this cut is killer. Now that it's been merged to the Led Zep thread I'm afraid a lot of people might not give it a listen, which is too bad.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2022 16:18

OK back to LZ bashing! >grinning smiley<

Dime has just seen the appearence of the 1975-03-25 lovely Mike Millard master tape... and frankly, after only 6 years together, the band was already crawling onstage.

"Dazed" lasts 40 minutes (!?) Page plays all the notes one can imagine... except the interesting ones.

In 75 the Stones could have wiped the floor with LZ. Easily.

Date: February 21, 2022 19:45

treaclefingers
RollingFreak

It is odd isn't it. I don't know anything about JPJ but I wonder if it's a personality type thing, where they didn't 'like' him for some reason.

If you take the Stones as an example, it really feels like Mick and Keith didn't actually 'like' Bill, or at least respect him. It wasn't his bass playing, it was maybe a personality thing. Contrast that with their love for Charlie.

So, not saying it's justifiable but I wonder whether that may have had something to do with it.

But none of that matters to the fans and this cut is killer. Now that it's been merged to the Led Zep thread I'm afraid a lot of people might not give it a listen, which is too bad.

Just strange like that in some bands. He must be important or they'd have replaced him before, but good comparison to Bill and Charlie. So strange.

Zep in 75 was arguably the epitome of excess. They were still good, but they were already losing their way, or at least not sure how to really keep growing. They kinda peaked in 72/73, then limped through 75 and 77. And hey, I'd have loved to see them come back, but by the time Bonham sadly passed it seemed like they were running out of gas anyway. IMO very similar to The Who. The time had come and gone and their drummer's deaths were just the final nail in the coffin they already saw coming.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2022 21:40

RollingFreak
They kinda peaked in 72/73, then limped through 75 and 77

thumbs up What's strange is the 1975 the L.A. residency was very weak (the tour peaked elsewhere in Seattle and Vancouver) but in 77 they were fabulous at the Forum.

The 1977-06-21 gig is essential listening even for non Led Zep fans.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 21, 2022 22:08

dcba
In 75 the Stones could have wiped the floor with LZ. Easily.

Not really.

Two words. Earls Court.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 21, 2022 22:12

bye bye johnny
When The Levee Breaks feat. John Paul Jones | Playing For Change | Song Around The World

[playingforchange.org]

GREAT!

Date: February 21, 2022 22:24

treaclefingers
RollingFreak

The fable is JPJ is the only one in the band who didn't go down to the crossroads to make a deal with Mr Scratch.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1271
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home