Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 57
Re: OT: Led Zeppelin stuff
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 9, 2021 00:49

[www.youtube.com]

Led Zeppelin Shepperton Rehearsal 2007 - Full Length

Fantastic no crowd noise just Zep

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 9, 2021 14:40

I like this performance better than the offical concert . My one and only gripe is it's like a single cam view . This was the bonus disc from the offical release .

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 9, 2021 15:01

^ What The Greek said smiling smiley

Re: OT-"Becoming Led Zeppelin" documentary- (Charlie/Stones Content)
Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 9, 2021 20:10

loog droog
dcba
Just my opnion but... thanks for the laughs! >grinning smiley<

Page should seriously rethink the imagery he uses to sell the band these days... I mean an airship and footage of the band where smoke goes up while the band plays. The cliche-o-meter goes to the red and beyond, here.

You can't be more "Spinal Tap"-ish than this. >grinning smiley<

I agree. This trailer is seriously underwhelming.

Maybe the chosen imagery has something to do with the band's name? Just supposing.

Re: OT-"Becoming Led Zeppelin" documentary- (Charlie/Stones Content)
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 9, 2021 21:04

SomeGuy
loog droog
dcba
Just my opnion but... thanks for the laughs! >grinning smiley<

Page should seriously rethink the imagery he uses to sell the band these days... I mean an airship and footage of the band where smoke goes up while the band plays. The cliche-o-meter goes to the red and beyond, here.

You can't be more "Spinal Tap"-ish than this. >grinning smiley<

I agree. This trailer is seriously underwhelming.

Maybe the chosen imagery has something to do with the band's name? Just supposing.
It's all about the music

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: September 27, 2021 03:10

And nowhere any info at all about where and when -and if really - the documentary is going to be shown((.The theaters are not interested, it seems. Or TV. Even on the internet it would be great for me...

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 27, 2021 04:31

In the meantime...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 29, 2021 22:40

[www.youtube.com]

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant "My Bucket's Got a Hole In It" 2001

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 30, 2021 14:16

Zep's best releases/material, outside of HTWWW, for the last 20 years has come from fans/collectors/bootleg companies.

I look for 1 or more of the legendary Japan 1971 shows to be released on DVD this year - fans/collectors/bootleg companies.

ot: Zeppelin 4 50 years old today!
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 9, 2021 03:39

My favourite Zep album turned 50 today! So many awesome songs. Some Stones connections include a lot of the album being recorded on the Stones mobile and Stu playing piano on Rock'n'Roll.

Re: ot: Zeppelin 4 50 years old today!
Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: November 9, 2021 04:21

Landmark album. My favourite tracks are “When the Levee Breaks” and the brilliant “Four Sticks.”

Re: “Stairway To Heaven.” Quote. Rolling Stone magazine asked Jimmy Page how much of the guitar solo was composed before he recorded it. He replied: "It wasn't structured at all [laughs]. I had a start. I knew where and how I was going to begin. And I just did it. There was an amplifier [in the studio] that I was trying out. It sounded good, so I thought, "OK, take a deep breath, and play." I did three takes and chose one of them. They were all different. The solo sounds constructed - and it is, sort of, but purely of the moment. For me, a solo is something where you just fly, but within the context of the song."

Date: November 9, 2021 04:58

Great album, obviously — but I have some reservations to call it an unquestionably and unconditionally perfect album.

Some iconic songs are there for sure — of course, this is the album that contains Stairway To Heaven. As a whole, though, it is a tad overrated thanks to Stairway IMHO. In particular, the song order has never convinced me.

My two cents.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2021 05:10

Great album. Don't really like Black Dog and Rock and Roll anymore...clearly classics but too much.

Stairway of course way overplayed but still excellent.

I also like When The Levee Breaks, Four Sticks and the magnificent Misty Mountain Hop which I played with my band back in the day.

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: November 9, 2021 05:29

This album is Damm near perfect. Four sticks, misty mountain hop,when the Levee breaks, ECT... Totally deserves all the acclaim it recieves.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 9, 2021 13:20

Rock's finest moment in Rock's finest year (except maybe for Who's Next, which was released a couple of months earlier).

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 9, 2021 14:43

Four Sticks, Misty Mountain Hop and When The Levee Breaks are exactly those songs that might turn all the casual fans of this album away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-09 14:46 by noughties.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 9, 2021 15:08

I recognize the importance of the record and enjoyed it for a period as a teenager, but whenever most of the LZ stuff comes up by way of shuffle these days I have a kneejerk reaction "not this pretentious shit"

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 9, 2021 15:09

Misty Mountain Hop especially. Such a whiny melody line

Date: November 9, 2021 15:16

Somewhat bewildered that people praise Four Sticks here. Among the eight tracks on the album, this is closest to what I would classify as ‘filler’. Admittedly not subpar, no, but overall impression is rather flat and it’s going nowhere. The title comes from Bonzo playing the drums with four sticks? What does that have got to do with the lyrics? There’s no accounting for taste indeed.

Date: November 9, 2021 15:49

RisingStone
Somewhat bewildered that people praise Four Sticks here. Among the eight tracks on the album, this is closest to what I would classify as ‘filler’. Admittedly not subpar, no, but overall impression is rather flat and it’s going nowhere. The title comes from Bonzo playing the drums with four sticks? What does that have got to do with the lyrics? There’s no accounting for taste indeed.

Did someone relieve themselves in your cheerios this morning?!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 9, 2021 15:53

My brother replenished our tired CD selection when he visited us here in Crete this summer.

Among the disks was IV.

In the car, one of my sons, 11 years old, asks often for the album. Although I've heard it a million times before, the majestic swoop of the coastal highway, and a child's enthusiasm make Stairway to Heaven an ethereal experience.

Date: November 9, 2021 15:59

treaclefingers
RisingStone

Sorry I relieved myself in your Cheerios this morning — did you notice that?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 9, 2021 15:59

RisingStone
treaclefingers
RisingStone

Sorry I relieved myself in your Cheerios this morning — did you notice that?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No. I guess it was too small to see.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 9, 2021 16:00

Have to agree about 4 Sticks. A semi-interesting groove (is it 5/4?), but it goes nowhere and that groove gets grating fast.

I do love that fat synth that comes in toward the end though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-09 16:09 by peoplewitheyes.

Date: November 9, 2021 16:08

treaclefingers
RisingStone
treaclefingers
RisingStone

I’m sorry. I’ll relieve myself more next time.grinning smiley

Date: November 9, 2021 16:56

RisingStone
treaclefingers
RisingStone
treaclefingers
RisingStone

And I'll bring a magnifying glass!

Date: November 9, 2021 17:04

treaclefingers
RisingStone
treaclefingers
RisingStone
treaclefingers
RisingStone

And I'll bring a magnifying glass!

I don’t think you’ll need it — just help yourself and you’ll taste it.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 9, 2021 17:34

Iggyrichards
This album is Damm near perfect. Four sticks, misty mountain hop,when the Levee breaks, ECT... Totally deserves all the acclaim it recieves.

tatters
Rock's finest moment in Rock's finest year (except maybe for Who's Next, which was released a couple of months earlier).

I would agree with both of these opinions. IMHO, If you are a serious collector of classic rock, this one really belongs in the old collection. One of the best releases of 1971. Sadly, I think over time, the over-playing of Stairway and Black Dog on my car radio diminished the status of this album for me. Even friends of mine who I grew up with who were die hard Zeppelin fans became lukewarm to Zep 4 in favor of their first couple of albums.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 9, 2021 17:41

Any fans of Going To California? What a beautiful song and Plant's vocals are so good.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 9, 2021 18:39

1971 was spectacular in my opinion. This album is a great representative for Zep.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home