Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 57
OT - Robert Plant Concert
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: September 18, 2019 18:12

Say him in concert in Philadelphia last night. He puts on a very laid back show with a great band. Worth checking out.

Re: OT - Robert Plant Concert
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 18, 2019 18:25

Donnebr
Say him in concert in Philadelphia last night. He puts on a very laid back show with a great band. Worth checking out.

He does indeed.
Went to a few of his shows last year, excellent band he's put together.
Got to briefly meet him backstage.. Lucinda Williams was opening and Plant and I were both wearing the same Lu shirt cool smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 18, 2019 18:52

MisterDDDD
Donnebr

He does indeed.
Got to briefly meet him backstage.. Lucinda Williams was opening and Plant and I were both wearing the same Lu shirt cool smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 18, 2019 20:12

How was Rateliff & the Night Sweats?!!

That looked like a great double -bill.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: September 19, 2019 03:53

Rateliff & the night sweats were very enjoyable. A solid band that livened up the show

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 19, 2019 15:23

I think they are terrific and glad they opened for the Stones in Denver. One of the best bands out there. They get it done!

Date: September 19, 2019 17:45

chrism13
I think they are terrific and glad they opened for the Stones in Denver. One of the best bands out there. They get it done!

Agree. They were great in Denver. Keeping an eye out to catch them again

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: September 19, 2019 23:20

MisterDDDD
Donnebr

He does indeed.

Saw him last year in Austin on my Birthday...Lucinda opened for him...somehow I’d never heard her music before...she made a new fan that night.

Coincidentally, I’m wearing my Plant T-shirt from that show today

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 22, 2019 05:35

He is playing for free at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in SF

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 22, 2019 05:52

rattler2004
MisterDDDD
Donnebr

He does indeed.

Saw him last year in Austin on my Birthday...Lucinda opened for him...somehow I’d never heard her music before...she made a new fan that night.

So funny... That's one of the shows I met him at!!
Been a big Lucinda fan forever.. she hooks me up occasionally, which is how I got to meet Plant.
Didn't snag a shirt from those shows.. regretting it cool smiley

Date: September 22, 2019 15:36

I can not say enough good things about Plant's post Zep career. He started off a little tentatively. But IMO every RP solo album is better than the one before. And they are all excellent. He has been daring, original, rootsy.
And it is fitting that he and Lucinda should team up because I always think of their two bands as two of the very best bands of this age. Who embrace rock, Country, chops, but also are very aware of today's technology. Lucinda may have changed her players frequently, but it is essentially the same band over and over.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: September 22, 2019 17:47

MisterDDDD
rattler2004
MisterDDDD
Donnebr

He does indeed.

So funny... That's one of the shows I met him at!!
Been a big Lucinda fan forever.. she hooks me up occasionally, which is how I got to meet Plant.
Didn't snag a shirt from those shows.. regretting it cool smiley

Lol that is cool...like I said Lucinda really made me a fan that night. (That kinda sounds dirty)

I’ve met Plant once...and that was by chance...he and the red Head he was living with in Austin were at a coffee shop. I walked in and as you know, he’s tall and not easy to miss...I said hi, told him I was a fan...asked if he hadn’t heard that one before...wished him a good day...he was very pleasant and I didn’t want to impose upon him. He thanked me, we chatted for a few moments...they left and waved goodbye as got into his ride

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2019 19:25

Palace Revolution 2000
I can not say enough good things about Plant's post Zep career. He started off a little tentatively. But IMO every RP solo album is better than the one before. And they are all excellent. He has been daring, original, rootsy.
And it is fitting that he and Lucinda should team up because I always think of their two bands as two of the very best bands of this age.

smileys with beer

Re: OT: Led Zeppelin - Plagiarism and other news
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 9, 2019 02:48

So John Paul Jones has a new project called "Sons of Chipotle" (fan of burritos?)

It's...interesting. Very avant garde:

Sons of Chipotle

Re: OT: Led Zeppelin stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2019 04:28

Sons of Chipotle (lol)....erm ...ok.
That was quite spine-tingling and suspenseful, and the audience looks very enthused. grinning smiley
If you can't reunite with Led Zeppelin, might as well make Haunted House sounds in South Korea....

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 9, 2019 10:17

treaclefingers
Palace Revolution 2000
And it is fitting that he and Lucinda should team up because I always think of their two bands as two of the very best bands of this age.

smileys with beer

There´s a nice podcast where he´s talking about certain songs over the years.

[podcasts.nu]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-09 11:13 by Svartmer.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: October 9, 2019 22:53

Palace Revolution 2000
And it is fitting that he and Lucinda should team up because I always think of their two bands as two of the very best bands of this age. Who embrace rock, Country, chops, but also are very aware of today's technology. Lucinda may have changed her players frequently, but it is essentially the same band over and over.

Totally agree -- he just seems to do things because he loves exploring. He's not chasing anything in particular and is already rich as Croesus so doesn't appear to be motivated by money. Just finding new ways to play and sing music from his heart.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 9, 2019 23:53

Thank you for the quick history lesson that remark sparked, Lazarus.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 10, 2019 19:45

LazarusSmith
Palace Revolution 2000

Totally agree -- he just seems to do things because he loves exploring. He's not chasing anything in particular and is already rich as Croesus so doesn't appear to be motivated by money. Just finding new ways to play and sing music from his heart.

I wonder if Mick ever thinks 'If only'....

Date: October 10, 2019 20:14

Just received an email from JimmyPage.com...
So much for any new Page solo material any time soon (not that it was expected) as he's now collaborating with his young girlfriend eye rolling smiley:

Catalyst
Scarlett Sabet
A SPOKEN WORD ALBUM
produced by Jimmy Page

Catalyst, a spoken word album written and performed by Scarlett Sabet and produced by Jimmy Page, is released today on a special 12-inch etched vinyl via JimmyPage.com.

The recorded collection of eight poems also includes a 24-page full-colour booklet featuring liner notes written by Scarlett Sabet and Jimmy Page plus photography by Scarlet Page.

The recordings and mixes were made at Tower House, London, the week of 13th May 2019, using analogue and digital techniques.

"I knew Scarlett's poems were exceptionally vibrant in print and I had witnessed the power of her public readings. I thought it would be exciting to do a project together to emphasise the power of the spoken word in the context of poetry and present her work in a radical form"
– Jimmy Page, producer

Standard Edition

Spoken word album featuring 8 poems written and performed by Scarlett Sabet
Produced by Jimmy Page and recorded at Tower House, London
Includes a 24-page booklet and an etched vinyl portrait of Scarlett Sabet
Available now

Signed Edition

Signed by Jimmy Page and Scarlett Sabet
Limited to 156 numbered copies
Available now

Tracklisting

Rocking Underground
Cut Up
Euphoric Kiss
The Fifth Circle Of Hell
Possession
And My Lungs Fill with Ecstatic Song
For Jack
Cut Up (multiple return)

YAWN........................confused smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 10, 2019 20:42

Ah, the things older men will do for a young woman's attention (and I'm not excluding myself from that comment).

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 10, 2019 20:56

Hairball
Just received an email from JimmyPage.com...
So much for any new Page solo material any time soon (not that it was expected) as he's now collaborating with his young girlfriend eye rolling smiley:

Catalyst
Scarlett Sabet
A SPOKEN WORD ALBUM
produced by Jimmy Page

Catalyst, a spoken word album written and performed by Scarlett Sabet and produced by Jimmy Page, is released today on a special 12-inch etched vinyl via JimmyPage.com.

The recorded collection of eight poems also includes a 24-page full-colour booklet featuring liner notes written by Scarlett Sabet and Jimmy Page plus photography by Scarlet Page.

The recordings and mixes were made at Tower House, London, the week of 13th May 2019, using analogue and digital techniques.

"I knew Scarlett's poems were exceptionally vibrant in print and I had witnessed the power of her public readings. I thought it would be exciting to do a project together to emphasise the power of the spoken word in the context of poetry and present her work in a radical form"
– Jimmy Page, producer

Standard Edition

Spoken word album featuring 8 poems written and performed by Scarlett Sabet
Produced by Jimmy Page and recorded at Tower House, London
Includes a 24-page booklet and an etched vinyl portrait of Scarlett Sabet
Available now

Signed Edition

Signed by Jimmy Page and Scarlett Sabet
Limited to 156 numbered copies
Available now

Tracklisting

Rocking Underground
Cut Up
Euphoric Kiss
The Fifth Circle Of Hell
Possession
And My Lungs Fill with Ecstatic Song
For Jack
Cut Up (multiple return)

YAWN........................confused smiley

I'm assuming this is his daughter?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: October 11, 2019 00:53

Elmo Lewis
I'm assuming this is his daughter?

Not sure if you're joking or not, but at 29 yrs. old you might think it is his daughter....or maybe even his granddaughter!

But no, it is his girlfriend...Led Zeppelin Guitarist Jimmy Page’s Girlfriend

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: October 11, 2019 00:59

He also has a daughter named Scarlett, no?

OT: Great interview with Robert Plant
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 9, 2020 18:17

What a great read, Plant talking about finding himself musically and still searching out his muse. I'll be checking out the podcast.

[www.loudersound.com]

Re: OT: Great interview with Robert Plant
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 9, 2020 21:12

"On Top of the Pops, you seem slightly awkward"
"Well I don't know who the hairdresser was. I'm still looking for him. He's probably hiding somewhere"

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 9, 2020 21:25

Robert Plant is remarkably grounded. I think it took people many years to actually catch up to his maturity level, but he's been pretty much right in all his decisions the last 20 years. Ending Led Zeppelin reunion talk included, much to my disappointment. But he's so right.

Date: January 10, 2020 14:37

Plant started shaping his solo career early on after the LZ halt.
His music, his band, his message has been full of vision and integrity IMO. I think each of his albums is better than the one before.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: January 10, 2020 15:03

Palace Revolution 2000
Plant started shaping his solo career early on after the LZ halt.
His music, his band, his message has been full of vision and integrity IMO. I think each of his albums is better than the one before.

I agree, and I will even add I like his voice better now than when he was with LZ

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2020 15:26

I'd never heard Please Read The Letter. What a sad song.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home