Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 57
Re: OT: Led Zeppelin - Plagiarism and other news
Date: February 27, 2019 05:48

Hairball
keefriffhard4life

plant might have written some lyrics but there are 8 songs on the first album with vocals and just 1 of them doesn't include portions of lyrics from other songs "good times, bad times". thats not saying the entire lyrically content of the songs are borrowed lyrics so sure he could have added his own lyrics

Never really thought about it, but what portions of the lyrics to Communication Breakdown were borrowed/stolen from someone else and from what song?

somehow i forgot about that song so that makes 2 full songs i'm guessing he did the lyrics too

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 27, 2019 06:02

keefriffhard4life
Jah Paul
Hairball
keefriffhard4life

plant might have written some lyrics but there are 8 songs on the first album with vocals and just 1 of them doesn't include portions of lyrics from other songs "good times, bad times". thats not saying the entire lyrically content of the songs are borrowed lyrics so sure he could have added his own lyrics

Never really thought about it, but what portions of the lyrics to Communication Breakdown were borrowed/stolen from someone else and from what song?

Was wondering the same about "Your Time Is Gonna Come."

has some lines from a ray charles song "i believe in my soul" so i'm guessing plant wrote the rest of the lyrics

Actually, just two lines (one verbatim) sung once in each song....

One of these days and it won't be long,
You're gonna look for me and I'll be gone

vs.

You'll look for me but baby, I'll be gone

...it's a Page/Jones composition with Page likely writing the lyrics.

Date: February 27, 2019 18:06

Jah Paul
keefriffhard4life
Jah Paul
Hairball
keefriffhard4life

Was wondering the same about "Your Time Is Gonna Come."

has some lines from a ray charles song "i believe in my soul" so i'm guessing plant wrote the rest of the lyrics

vs.

those aren't the real writing credits. plant was unable to take any credits at the time it was released. I don't need to see the credits to know typical plant lyrics

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: February 27, 2019 18:24

Let's start a thread on what's his name, who lifted his playing from Chuck Berry. Oops, Chuck took his from T-Bone Walker.

As BB King said "We all borrow".

For all those who (apparently) didn't bother to read my earlier exposé on the matter, here's a link to show that I didn't make it up entirely:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Now back to sleep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-27 19:17 by SomeGuy.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 27, 2019 19:27

keefriffhard4life
Jah Paul

vs.

those aren't the real writing credits. plant was unable to take any credits at the time it was released. I don't need to see the credits to know typical plant lyrics

It's actually more of a gray area with this one, as old interviews and books indicate Page...but, yes, they are very "Plant-ish" lyrics, so he would make more sense.

Safe to say, Ray Charles doesn't deserve a co-writing credit.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 27, 2019 20:08

SomeGuy

In the case of LZ it became quite systematic. Any band they'd open for in 1969/70 would be placed under close scrutiny... (Page should have worked for the NSA. He had the natural inclination for it!) grinning smiley

Date: February 27, 2019 22:56

Jah Paul
keefriffhard4life
Jah Paul

vs.

It's actually more of a gray area with this one, as old interviews and books indicate Page...but, yes, they are very "Plant-ish" lyrics, so he would make more sense.

Safe to say, Ray Charles doesn't deserve a co-writing credit.

Charles probably does not. I was just stating its 2 songs where the lyrics are as far as anyone knows only written by the guys in zeppelin

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 28, 2019 15:15

The 12 bar blues and the standard country chord change (I IV I V I) have been used in literally millions of songs.

Also, certain lyrics have too - "Since my baby left me...." etc.

Date: February 28, 2019 17:07

dcba
SomeGuy

In the case of LZ it became quite systematic.

And litteral : they would copy entire lines of lyrics from others.

The Stones were much more clever : the titles "Black Limousine" and "Train Song" were directly borrowed from Gram Parsons/The Flying Burrito Brothers but they were given to entirely original material.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 2, 2019 19:39

[www.youtube.com]

Stairway to Heaven (Live: O2 Arena, London - December 10, 2007)

Due to time limits for the show JP had to play a shorter solo. I love the note he hits at the 6.30 mark against the drum rolls and at 6.40 he goes to the end of the solo cutting off the extended solo he played normally in the 70's.

Date: March 7, 2019 21:50

[www.youtube.com]

amazing cover - Since I've Been Loving You

amazing she nails the solo with her eyes closed - I guess I should just throw away my guitar now - I have no hope LOL

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 8, 2019 13:22

How about the tone of Jimmy Page 58 (I think ?) Ebony triple pickup Gibson Les Paul Custom that Jimmy used on the encores from the 2 DVD box set which is an official release at the Royal Albert Hall in 1969 .For the first time I can hear a very clear and distinctive tone difference between his 1958 Gibson Sunburst Les Paul and the Custom which to my ears sounds brighter than the Sunburst Les Paul with the rosewood fingerboard which to my ears sounds more mellow in tone than the Ebony Board and lest we forget the all mahogany top and back of the Custom versus the maple topped Sunburst with all it's pretty figure in the wood .I have gotten into arguments with people that a Les Paul sounds the same thru a Marshall whether it has a Rosewood fingerboard or an Ebony fingerboard . Mathijs , I would love to hear from you and your impression of this please ?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 8, 2019 13:25

No, 'top' on those 50's customs, one piece of mahogany.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 8, 2019 19:08

Robert Plant
Thank You!
Love Rocks NYC Beacon Theater last night

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 8, 2019 19:10

Sheryl Crow and Plant
Black Dog
Love Rocks NYC

[www.instagram.com]

Date: March 19, 2019 20:14

Greta Van Fleet - Highway Tune
[www.youtube.com]

I was playing the Rover Riff all morning on guitar and came across GVF taking the Rover Riff for Highway Tune. LOL

Date: March 28, 2019 17:33

I forgot that the Yardbirds on Bolero - Jimmy came up with the 12 string Rhythm and Beck came up with the riff and melody. You can hear that on How Many More Times. Jimmy should of gave credit to his friend Jeff Beck( LOL)

Date: March 28, 2019 19:29

Is Great Van Fleet guilty of double plagiarism? confused smiley

Date: March 28, 2019 19:37

: OT: Led Zeppelin - Plagiarism and other news new
Date: March 28, 2019 19:29

Is Great Van Fleet guilty of double plagiarism?

Elmo - that is very clever - sure JP would agree

Date: May 8, 2019 23:43

[pagesix.com]

Led Zeppelin documentary to feature Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones
By Ryan Reed, Rolling Stone
May 8, 2019 | 3:05pm

See Jimmy Page Explain How He 'Cloned' His 'Led Zeppelin' Guitar
The 40 Greatest Led Zeppelin Songs of All Time
Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones have participated in a new documentary celebrating the band’s 50th anniversary. The three surviving members filmed new interviews for director Bernard MacMahon’s (“American Epic”) as-yet-untitled project, which is currently in post-production and will be shopped at the Cannes Film Festival.
The movie — the first ever to feature the iconic hard rock group’s participation — also includes rare archival interviews with late drummer John Bonham, previously unseen film and photographs, interviews with other artists and high-quality audio transfers of the band’s music.
Plant and Page praised MacMahon’s work on “American Epic,” the Emmy-nominated 2017 documentary that chronicled the early American roots music recordings of the 1920s.
“When I saw everything Bernard had done both visually and sonically on the remarkable achievement that is ‘American Epic,’ I knew he would be qualified to tell our story,” Page said (via Variety). Plant added, “Seeing Will Shade, and so many other important early American musicians, brought to life on the big screen in ‘American Epic’ inspired me to contribute to a very interesting and exciting story.”
Jones noted, “The time was right for us to tell our own story for the first time in our own words, and I think that this film will really bring this story to life.”
Led Zeppelin released their seminal, self-titled debut LP in January 1969. The band recently marked the anniversary by teaming with Vans for a limited-edition line of footwear and apparel.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: May 9, 2019 00:27

It's very cool they are releasing this for their 50th anniversary.

You know what else would be cool? How about an acoustic set for the premier?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 00:00

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 02:17

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 30, 2019 04:55

Every high school in America has a garage band that can perform Immigrant Song better than that! It's almost as if Percy goes out of his way every so often to demonstrate why he'll never ever do another Zeppelin tour or even concert. He can't. Even tuned down a full step to E like that.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 30, 2019 06:14

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

amazing cover - Since I've Been Loving You

amazing she nails the solo with her eyes closed - I guess I should just throw away my guitar now - I have no hope LOL

She's in the band Calipurnia along with Finn Wolfhard from Strangest Things fame.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: June 30, 2019 06:43

5stringTele
Every high school in America has a garage band that can perform Immigrant Song better than that! It's almost as if Percy goes out of his way every so often to demonstrate why he'll never ever do another Zeppelin tour or even concert. He can't. Even tuned down a full step to E like that.

Robert Plant has gone out of his way in many interviews to state that he does not want to recreate the past. So it’s unfair to say that he can’t (do another Zeppelin tour or concert). He’s made his message very clear. He doesn’t want to.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 30, 2019 10:57

Any news on the Jimmy Page solo album?!

Date: June 30, 2019 15:36

jlowe
Any news on the Jimmy Page solo album?!

C'mon... you don't believe in Santa Claus, do you?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 30, 2019 22:14

No one has ever believed a Jimmy Page solo album will ever come. Or tour. Or anything that requires him to get off the Led Zeppelin mixing board for the bajillionth time.

Date: August 18, 2019 18:44

[www.youtube.com]

he Big Interview with Dan Rather - S07E01: Robert Plant

great interview

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home