Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 57
Re: OT: Jimmy Page interview in GQ mag
Date: August 16, 2018 15:04

Nice read! thumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 16, 2018 15:34

Very interesting and strange interview.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 16, 2018 20:01

Interesting interview, though he seems a bit frustrated and restless, and lays his wrath on the poor interviewer ha.

"Well, we can finish the interview with me saying I won't answer that question, either".

Grumpy Page...lol

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 16, 2018 20:30

Jimmy comes across as a douche.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 16, 2018 20:32

dcba
Page : "How do you know I had a heroin problem? You don't know what I had or what I didn't have. All I will say is this: my responsibilities to the music did not change. I didn't drop out or quit working. I was there, just as much as anyone else was."

Funny that's exactly what Keith would say... Junkie denial! grinning smiley

Keith continued playing music and still does.
Page basically stopped - just a few appearances here and there.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 16, 2018 20:49

Reading tbe article seems like Page is a very moody person or totally arrogant. Keith never like that

Date: August 16, 2018 20:56

mtaylor
Reading tbe article seems like Page is a very moody person or totally arrogant. Keith never like that
Lol, ya think?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 16, 2018 20:57

I read this as part of Chuck Klosterman's book of collected articles and interviews called "X" - recommend the entire book.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 16, 2018 21:22

"Are you a nostalgic person?

Yeah. I can be quite nostalgic."

If that ain't the understatement of the century.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 16, 2018 21:25

Article from December 2014.

He's probably calmed down a lot since then.winking smiley

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: August 16, 2018 21:28

Scarlet

How about "Scarlet"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-16 21:30 by cbtaco19.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 16, 2018 22:47

Thanks for sharing, interesting read.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 16, 2018 23:17

dcba
Page : "How do you know I had a heroin problem? You don't know what I had or what I didn't have. All I will say is this: my responsibilities to the music did not change. I didn't drop out or quit working. I was there, just as much as anyone else was."

Funny that's exactly what Keith would say... Junkie denial! grinning smiley

People in denial rarely over come their demons in such a profound way as Page and Richards, i think its fair to say Keith and Jimmy have always been there when it comes to their craft, possibly more than the rest of the band.
Just observing Micks solo career shows that the Stones musically are Keith's band, and without Keith's input in his junkie years you would not have had that golden era of albums and live shows.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 16, 2018 23:19

Elmo Lewis

He does.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 17, 2018 02:14

35love
Elmo Lewis

He does.

He Is.

@#$%& I despise Zeppelin.
(I realize this is sacrilege to some posters here and I apologize)

I think Ginger Baker's assessment of Bonham is spot on.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 17, 2018 04:55

mtaylor

Saying “I’m not going to answer that,I don’t want to talk to him(Plant)through the press” is less appealing than getting drunk and talking about your singers c&ck size?
Talking endlessly about your drug taking until you’re known more for it than your music is better than not talking about it at all? Yeah,”Keith never like that”

I expect the completely divorced from reality Keith comments here because it’s a Stones sight but these comments on Page are just moronic.
As a music fan to actually side with an interviewer who is a blithering idiot and say Page is being difficult is just sad.

Anyone who knows anything knows Jimmy Page doesn’t talk about women,drugs or old gossip about Zep.what does that leave? MUSIC!
Do you still play guitar everyday?what have you been listening to? Why didn’t you go back to calling the band the yardbirds and take away the pressure that came with the zep name?
That thing with the Black Crowe’s was great why didn’t you stick with that?have you been jamming with anyone we would know? Why would someone buy these new remasters if they already own the catalog?....and this idiot asks about the mud shark story...good lord.

And btw,that angry washed up skeleton that passes for Ginger Baker these days was never fit to be one of Bonzo’s roadies.

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: August 17, 2018 05:50

Right on Lem

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 06:39

Here's what I don't get. Why doesn't Jimmy Page play live? At the end of 2016, he said he was going on the road in 2017. It is now almost 2019 and I'm still waiting.

And I'm tired of people asking about Led Zeppelin playing live. I don't care if Led Zeppelin plays live. I do care if Jimmy Page plays live. I have never seen Zep, but I did see Page/Plant in 1998 and I did see Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes in 2000. They were both great, but honestly, I preferred Page with the Crowes. I'm sorry, but without Bonham, Jimmy Page IS the show. No matter who else is playing or who is singing, everything revolves around Jimmy Page when he plays live. That Gibson is all your ears can turn to. So forget about Robert Plant, who can't sing like that any more anyway... just get Jimmy Page and his guitar on a stage with anyone and I promise you no one will be disappointed.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: August 17, 2018 07:17

mickjagger1009
Here's what I don't get. Why doesn't Jimmy Page play live? At the end of 2016, he said he was going on the road in 2017. It is now almost 2019 and I'm still waiting.

And I'm tired of people asking about Led Zeppelin playing live. I don't care if Led Zeppelin plays live. I do care if Jimmy Page plays live. I have never seen Zep, but I did see Page/Plant in 1998 and I did see Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes in 2000. They were both great, but honestly, I preferred Page with the Crowes. I'm sorry, but without Bonham, Jimmy Page IS the show. No matter who else is playing or who is singing, everything revolves around Jimmy Page when he plays live. That Gibson is all your ears can turn to. So forget about Robert Plant, who can't sing like that any more anyway... just get Jimmy Page and his guitar on a stage with anyone and I promise you no one will be disappointed.

We obviously don't know the real reason. Others will disagree with me but I straight up just think he's a pussy. Either he's too scared or has literally no faith in himself to just tour on his own. Or no desire. He obviously has the desire to tour as Zeppelin, but literally zero interest in touring under his own name. Which is nuts cause as you say, I'd rather see that! Why he can't do more stuff like the Crowes thing is insane. Any band would literally have him and let him run things. Clearly he just has no interest or is afraid. What is more annoying about him is then he makes those fake promises. To the point that now its clearly just to @#$%& with people, but I've never thought one promise he's made of touring has been genuine. Or it would have happened already.

Sad, because he's many people's favorite guitar player ever and he'd rather just sit around and listen to Zeppelin or wait for Robert Plant to never return, which he won't. If he wants to waste his life away thats fine, but its disappointing cause, like Angus Young, he could go out on his own, untethered, and just play what he wants and millions would eat it right up. He's got some sort of complex and I think he's just a little bitch and hides behind excuses. Love the man but its been hard to defend him since 1990.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: August 17, 2018 07:20

I thought the writer came across as a jerk, not Page. It's GQ, not the NY Post or National Enquirer. Page likely thought he was there to answer general questions about the collection release and about Led Zep. The fact that the interviewer front-loaded music questions suggests that that's what was agreed upon in advance. He sprung the heroin question on Page when Jimmy didn't seem ready for it. Yeah, maybe JP is a grouch, but he has a right to answer what he wants and refuse snything else. The past was a long time ago for him. So what if he's not into the too-much-personal-information that some journalists are fond of.

Date: August 17, 2018 07:25

marianna
I thought the writer came across as a jerk, not Page. It's GQ, not the NY Post or National Enquirer. Page likely thought he was there to answer general questions about the collection release and about Led Zep. The fact that the interviewer front-loaded music questions suggests that that's what was agreed upon in advance. He sprung the heroin question on Page when Jimmy didn't seem ready for it. Yeah, maybe JP is a grouch, but he has a right to answer what he wants and refuse snything else. The past was a long time ago for him. So what if he's not into the too-much-personal-information that some journalists are fond of.

Then too @#$%& bad. Don't do interviews. We've heard him repeat the same tired shit for years now because Zeppelin is all he wants to talk about. If he doesn't want to have a real interview then don't do press. Page can act however he wants, he's earned that. But if you're gonna talk about the same Zep stuff for 30 years, don't be thrown when someone tries to ask you something different. The interviewer knew his shit, and wasn't bringing up stuff like the mud shark thing. Page did. Page was just weird and grumpy. Its certainly not the interviewers fault.

Date: August 17, 2018 10:50

The journalist revealed from the beginning that he was an über-fan.

That surely clouded his judgement, regarding which questions to ask Page. Common mistake.

Page has earned the right to be arrogant. It's his life, his music, his experiences and his stories.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 17, 2018 15:55

Lol! We’ve figured it out,he’s scared! Are we talking about playing live or fighting Conor Mcgregor?
It’s almost too obvious but I’ll say it anyway,if the writer knew his shit would we still be wondering why no tours for so long? Instead we get “did you make a record with Coverdale to bother Robert? I’d love to have learned more about that tape degeneration and losing some master tapes because of it,could’ve been a reason for alot of his time spent recovering and restoring the catalogue.this could’ve been really interesting but it became cringeworthy instead. If you can’t see why Page was annoyed you’re probably just not real bright.

Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 17:10

This was recorded last year:

[www.youtube.com]

Just missed it -- I was staying across the street, but had to get back to London that day.

Date: August 17, 2018 17:17

He was slightly rude in the interview, but I get it.

As far as why he doesn't record and perform...I think he's just stuck creatively and overwhelmed by the legacy of Led Zeppelin.

He did The Firm, he did Page/Coverdale, he did the two Page/Plant albums, he played with the Black Crowes. That's not too bad in the grand scheme of things, and I'm lucky I got to see one of the Black Crowes shows.

He could have done NOTHING after Zeppelin, and his legacy would still be intact.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 17, 2018 19:01

Paddy
35love
Elmo Lewis

He does.

He Is.

@#$%& I despise Zeppelin.
(I realize this is sacrilege to some posters here and I apologize)

I think Ginger Baker's assessment of Bonham is spot on.
BOLLOCKS

Re: OT: Led Zeppelin - Plagiarism and other news
Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: August 17, 2018 19:15

Compared to Ginger Baker, Jimmy's post Zep career has been extensive, ha.
And that includes the Cream years...

Date: August 17, 2018 19:28

SomeGuy

not sure what you mean? ginger baker has released about 30 studio albums since leaving cream and probably 15 live albums

Date: August 17, 2018 19:35

Ginger Baker...great drummer but a miserable prick. I'm all for rockers being badasses, but he's a misanthropic sociopath.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: August 17, 2018 19:42

keefriffhard4life
SomeGuy

not sure what you mean? ginger baker has released about 30 studio albums since leaving cream and probably 15 live albums

I stand corrected. I only knew he played on a few Cream albums and in that shortlived and (in my opinion) awful Baker Gurvitz band, apart from a few solo recordings that no one ever listened to. I thought that Jimmy's albums were a bit more high profile, so to speak.

I even own one record with Ginger on it: Sunrise On The Sufferbus (1992).

't Was only a slight attempt at a joke anyway, sorry.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home