Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 57
Re: OT: Led Zeppelin - Plagiarism and other news
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 3, 2018 18:23

RollingFreak
Most of those "works in progress" or "rough mixes" were literally the songs with maybe a chord or a note taken out.

Well, technically, they weren't "taken out" - they didn't exist yet. So it's a revealing of what they were doing to get to what they would do.

Date: February 3, 2018 18:31

oldschool
dcba
"The upcoming remaster of How The West Was Won appears to have cut some audio that was on the original release"
[ledzepnews.com]

Oh Jimmy...
Page should learn the meaning of the "warts and all" expression before tweaking his own musical legacy ad nauseam...

From what I read Jimmy is a obsessive compulsive perfectionist so I don't think we ever get a "wart and all" live recording from him. He did the same thing on "The Song Remains The Same" where he corrected all his perceived guitar flaws and also cobbled together songs from several different concerts.

If you want a "warts and all" live concert from Led Zeppelin you will have to make due with the bootlegs I am afraid.

At some point there will be some information on why it was shortened. As suggested by one article, it's possible that Page has been unable to license “Hello Mary Lou” for this release.

I think someone posted the link to it but here it is again anyway.

[ledzepnews.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 3, 2018 18:52

Cristiano Radtke
Pre-order Now Available: Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin - Official Illustrated Book

February 1, 2018

Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin is the first and only official illustrated book to be produced in collaboration with the members of the band. Celebrating 50 years since their formation, it covers the group’s unparalleled musical career and features photographs of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham on and offstage, in candid moments and in the recording studio. This definitive 368-page volume includes unseen photographs and artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world.

Available to pre-order now.

[www.reelartpress.com]

[www.amazon.com]

Published by Reel Art Press, October 2018

[www.ledzeppelin.com]

Thanks Cristiano.

If I was still in my teens when I had a giant Zeppelin poster on my wall (along with Hendrix and Pink Floyd), this would be thrilling to have! winking smiley

Now in my 50's, would still be kind of cool to have for a quick glance through all the pages, but at $50 + ...hmmm...we'll see.

"This definitive 368-page volume includes unseen photographs and artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world"

OK so now we know there's going to be a reissue of How the West Was Won (including a deluxe with all the bells and whistles), and now a mammoth book of photographs that span their entire career.
Surely there will be more to celebrate 50 years?!!!

Date: February 3, 2018 19:09

There's no reason to release another best-of compilation since MOTHERSHIP is fine the way it is.

From what there is to understand, all the previously unreleased studio recordings have been released.

The albums have all be reissued hopefully for the last time. There's no logical reason to reissue them again.

An official book is coming out.

That leaves unreleased live recordings. Maybe some kind of video.

They weren't exactly into content like the Stones have been, especially in the 1970s. So there's probably not much other than life on the road film and whatever shows.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 3, 2018 19:47

Since it features him a lot I wish Page would try and get the Mord Und Totschlag/A Degree Of Murder soundtrack out.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 4, 2018 15:10

There are a few screen shot video's around from the 70's, both Earl's Court '75 shows, Seattle '77 and both Knebworth's from '79...pieces of some of these were used for the live video box several years ago.
My favorite outtakes and works in progress set is the 18CD bootleg, Studio Majik...it has some isolated track stuff that doesn't interest me much to lots and lots of rehearsals and works in progress of their songs...you can hear it on Youtube!

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 7, 2018 18:10

Just got this email notice from a boot vendor in Japan. Only one track but hopefully this means the complete SB from this famous show will show up soon.

Immigrant Song - Special 1 Track Extremely Ltd Ed (100 Copies Only) Single Soundboard Revolution Release!
This Single Track features for the very first and only time anywhere, the Legendary Authentic Perfect Stereo Soundboard from 9/29/71 Osaka!
This show has previously only ever been available as a fake soundboard release.
Inspired by the original "In Through the Out Door” LP release, this 1 Track Ltd Ed Single is being made available with 5 different and Unique Japanese Woodblock Print Covers.
Each of the 5 different Japanese Woodblock Print Covers is housed in a special white airmail envelope to cloak the specific version contained within. Empress Valley Label

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-07 18:10 by oldschool.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 7, 2018 18:17

oldschool
Just got this email notice from a boot vendor in Japan. Only one track but hopefully this means the complete SB from this famous show will show up soon.

This Single Track features for the very first and only time anywhere, the Legendary Authentic Perfect Stereo Soundboard from 9/29/71 Osaka!

Are they rush-releasing it cause they know there's an official version coming soon? Much like the Rattlesnake release of the Olympia'95 SB tape that came out a few weeks before "Totally Stripped"...

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 7, 2018 18:24

dcba
oldschool

Are they rush-releasing it cause they know there's an official version coming soon? Much like the Rattlesnake release of the Olympia'95 SB tape that came out a few weeks before "Totally Stripped"...

Good Question dcba, but in any case personally I would buy both as I doubt we get a complete untouched version from Jimmy and hopefully any bootleg would be a complete SB warts and all.

Date: February 7, 2018 18:27

"this 1 Track Ltd Ed Single is being made available with 5 different and Unique Japanese Woodblock Print Covers..."

Hmmm...seems even the boot vendors are milking it for everything as much as the band itself.
I'd prefer a single cover with five different versions of the tune instead.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 7, 2018 18:40

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
Pre-order Now Available: Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin - Official Illustrated Book

February 1, 2018

Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin is the first and only official illustrated book to be produced in collaboration with the members of the band. Celebrating 50 years since their formation, it covers the group’s unparalleled musical career and features photographs of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham on and offstage, in candid moments and in the recording studio. This definitive 368-page volume includes unseen photographs and artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world.

Available to pre-order now.

[www.reelartpress.com]

[www.amazon.com]

Published by Reel Art Press, October 2018

[www.ledzeppelin.com]

Thanks Cristiano.

If I was still in my teens when I had a giant Zeppelin poster on my wall (along with Hendrix and Pink Floyd), this would be thrilling to have! winking smiley

Now in my 50's, would still be kind of cool to have for a quick glance through all the pages, but at $50 + ...hmmm...we'll see.

"This definitive 368-page volume includes unseen photographs and artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world"

OK so now we know there's going to be a reissue of How the West Was Won (including a deluxe with all the bells and whistles), and now a mammoth book of photographs that span their entire career.
Surely there will be more to celebrate 50 years?!!!
$53 is very reasonable and some might say a bargain .

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 27, 2018 01:51

Cryptic post on Led Zeppelin's Facebook page.

Feb 27 2018. 3pm GMT / 10am EST / 7am PST.

[www.facebook.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 01:53 by Deltics.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 4, 2018 17:20

From Planet Rock magazine (March 2018):

[www.greatmagazines.co.uk]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 4, 2018 19:15

Don't know who the interview is with (I guess Robert cause I feel Jimmy tries not to say that) but its clear they'll never do anymore live shows. I know some like to be wishful, and hey its not meant to spoil the parade and they could end up being right, but it seems abundantly clear its never gonna happen and I still maintain they had as perfect a last performance as you're gonna get. Its best not to spoil it. But some will maintain it COULD happen right up until the day one of them dies. The writing has been on the wall for years though and people just refuse to accept it. Its the culture.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 4, 2018 19:18

RollingFreak
Don't know who the interview is with (I guess Robert cause I feel Jimmy tries not to say that) but its clear they'll never do anymore live shows. I know some like to be wishful, and hey its not meant to spoil the parade and they could end up being right, but it seems abundantly clear its never gonna happen and I still maintain they had as perfect a last performance as you're gonna get. Its best not to spoil it. But some will maintain it COULD happen right up until the day one of them dies. The writing has been on the wall for years though and people just refuse to accept it. Its the culture.

That's Jimmy.

Date: March 4, 2018 19:35

Interesting. Guess he's finally taking Robert at his word. Dumb to keep dangling that carrot if Robert has been so clear. Its a sad truth but it happens to everyone and I'd rather it be classy with their last show than desperate and way past its prime. Sometimes less is more.

On a slightly different note, obviously its not THE Zeppelin, but I have an extra ticket to a tribute show coming up this Tuesday in two days. A small rehearsal show before a main show at Carnegie Hall the next night. Interesting bill with Richie Sambora from Bon Jovi, The Zombies, Living Colour and several others. No idea what to expect but relatively cheap and love the venue and always nice to hear Zep music. If anyone's in the New York area and was interested in going (its sold out) hit me up! Would love to see it not go to waste.

Date: March 4, 2018 19:54

As has been said many times, even though they will more than likely not reunite under the Led Zeppelin moniker, nothing has ever been said by either Plant or Page that they won't work together as Plant/Page or Page/Plant, or even Page/Plant/Jones! Even if it's a guest vocal by Robert on a Page solo tune or vice versa, or a one off performance at a benefit show, anything is possible. And although unlikely, it's even possible they would use the Led Zeppelin name if the circumstances were right for all involved.

As for Led Zeppelin tribute shows involving Ritchie Sambora, Living Colour, et al....there's people that actually pay to see that?
Maybe Plant will show up as a tribute to himself - he's been singing Led Zeppelin tributes as part of his solo shows for decades now.

Date: March 4, 2018 20:17

I know, its no non-existent Jimmy Page solo album or fantasy Page/Plant jerk off session under whatever guise they feel at the moment of orgasm, but it should be fun! Feel free to Venmo me if that meant you're interested!

Date: March 4, 2018 20:41

Not a fan of tribute shows especially when it involves washed up/obsolete rock stars - you couldn't pay me to attend.

That said, there used to be a pretty good Stones tribute band (Hollywood Stones?) that I saw a couple of times back in the day at bars and clubs for free.
Tongue-in-cheek, yet their musicianship was top notch - a fun time was had by all.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 4, 2018 20:51

Hairball
Not a fan of tribute shows especially when it involves washed up/obsolete rock stars - you couldn't pay me to attend.

That said, there used to be a pretty good Stones tribute band (Hollywood Stones?) that I saw a couple of times back in the day at bars and clubs for free.
Tongue-in-cheek, yet their musicianship was top notch - a fun time was had by all.

Actually quite a few people say that the tribute band members are often better musicians than those in the original bands!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 4, 2018 20:59

I saw saw Robert Plant with his current band. He is having fun playing with them. He never seems to say Led Zeppelin was fun once they became big.

Date: March 4, 2018 21:16

jlowe
Hairball

Actually quite a few people say that the tribute band members are often better musicians than those in the original bands!

They had a Mick Taylor who nailed it, and the Keith had all the guitar chops and was the spitting image of Keith c. '74/'75, while the Mick wore a football jersey and flag cape ala '1981 and had all the mannerisms down pat.
The Keith used to post alot on shidoobee, and that's how I heard of them around the Licks tour. Others here might have also seen them and have more info. on whether they still exist or not, but they put on a fun(ny) tribute.

I also saw Randy Hansen Hendrix tribute back around 1980 at the Santa Monica Civic - dressed up just like Hendrix and played pretty good. The main thing I remember is someone in the front row tried to pull his wig off lol.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 5, 2018 10:12

Hairball
The main thing I remember is someone in the front row tried to pull his wig off lol.

... Elton?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 5, 2018 12:22

Just got the info by amazon my "How the west was won" blu ray audio order has been cancelled without further explanations...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 5, 2018 15:27

ZOSO is a pretty good - excellent, in fact, - Zep tribute band.

Date: March 5, 2018 17:16

Hairball
As has been said many times, even though they will more than likely not reunite under the Led Zeppelin moniker, nothing has ever been said by either Plant or Page that they won't work together as Plant/Page or Page/Plant, or even Page/Plant/Jones! Even if it's a guest vocal by Robert on a Page solo tune or vice versa, or a one off performance at a benefit show, anything is possible. And although unlikely, it's even possible they would use the Led Zeppelin name if the circumstances were right for all involved.

Nothing has been said because they already did that. It won't happen again. Nor will any of the others. Plant has made it abundantly clear that he is sticking to his solo work.

Date: March 5, 2018 20:07

doitywoik
Hairball
The main thing I remember is someone in the front row tried to pull his wig off lol.

... Elton?

Lol...the funny thing is (which I forgot to add above), I'm not sure if Randy Hansen was even wearing a wig!!!

Date: March 5, 2018 20:14

GasLightStreet
Hairball

Nothing has been said because they already did that. It won't happen again. Nor will any of the others. Plant has made it abundantly clear that he is sticking to his solo work.

The only thing he's made abundantly clear is that Led Zeppelin as a band will not reunite.
He's never said he will absolutely never work with Page and/or Jones ever again under a different name or in any capacity.

Date: March 5, 2018 20:28

Lol cause ALL he wants to do is work with them and they couldn't give a shit about performing with him again. Maybe if he stops living in the past Plant will throw him a bone (when they're 85 LOL!). Logical reasoning is pointless GasLight. You'll just get told you hate Jimmy Page because you're literally just speaking the truth.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 5, 2018 20:29

I saw Robert Plant a few nights ago. As far as playing Zeppelin songs, which Included:

That's the way
Gallows Pole
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.
Misty Mountain Hop
Whole Lotta Love

None of these songs except for perhaps That's the Way were performed even close the way Led Zeppelin would perform them.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home