Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 57
Re: OT: Led Zeppelin - Plagiarism and other news
Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: October 26, 2017 09:41

John Davis...the man who Page chose to remaster the entire studio output and companion discs, along with the BBC recordings...posted on Twitter that today he is mostly mastering Led Zeppelin along with a picture of Page on stage ‘73...

Looks like maybe HTWWW and the DVD are getting a remaster or perhaps more...time will tell.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 3, 2017 18:42

A life in music: Robert Plant on Led Zeppelin, Alison Krauss and his endless wanderlust

In our series where great musicians tell the stories behind memorable records from their back catalogue, the Led Zep frontman discusses his enduring love for Patty Griffin and why he’s happiest in the land of cider, Wolves and Welsh mythology

by Jude Rogers

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 3, 2017 19:45

rattler2004
Blasting the LA Forum 3-27-75 boot...

Play the Seattle 1975-03-21 show instead. You'll thank me. 75 probably was the tour where the L.A. gigs were not the apex of the whole tour.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: November 3, 2017 21:04

That Seattle release ROCKS! Deus Ex Machina is the bootleg name. There seem to have been a lot of recent Zeppelin high quality bootlegs showing up on You Tube recently. And lots of old bootleg video as well. For some reason, the copyright police are really cracking down on any bootlegs with Stairway in them, so that track is often just removed from the recent new uploads to get around that issue.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 3, 2017 22:45

Cristiano Radtke
A life in music: Robert Plant on Led Zeppelin, Alison Krauss and his endless wanderlust

In our series where great musicians tell the stories behind memorable records from their back catalogue, the Led Zep frontman discusses his enduring love for Patty Griffin and why he’s happiest in the land of cider, Wolves and Welsh mythology

by Jude Rogers

[www.theguardian.com]

Very nice article, thanks, Cristiano! thumbs up

Date: November 4, 2017 06:07

dcba
rattler2004
Blasting the LA Forum 3-27-75 boot...

Play the Seattle 1975-03-21 show instead. You'll thank me. 75 probably was the tour where the L.A. gigs were not the apex of the whole tour.

Yes a great show indeed...as well as the Vancouver show that popped up a bout ten or so years ago.

Plus I Love anytime Robert threw in a little James Brown during Whole Lotta Love.

Mama, come here quick,
bring me that lickin' stick.
Mama, come here quick,
Mama, come here quick,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-04 06:19 by rattler2004.

Date: November 10, 2017 17:59

I was just listening to this :

Bad Company
Los Angeles, Inglewood Forum
May 16, 1976
"Led Company meets Bad Zeppelin"
last song : I JUST WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO YOU (w/JIMMY PAGE & ROBERT PLANT)

and I thought : "Well Plant sings this one with the subtlety of a horny dog rubbing himself against yoyr leg". eye rolling smiley

Stones rule! Jagger crushes Palnt as a blues singer.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: November 10, 2017 19:48

Page at The Oxford Union: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 19, 2017 14:35

Jimmy Page said that previously unheard Led Zeppelin music and ‘all manner of surprises’ will be released for the band’s fiftieth anniversary in 2018

Jimmy Page has said in a new interview that previously unheard music by Led Zeppelin will be released for the band’s fiftieth anniversary in 2018.

Page spoke to the Academy of Achievement in a 50-minute video interview, and at the end he was asked about plans for Led Zeppelin’s fiftieth anniversary next year.

“There’ll be Led Zeppelin product coming out, for sure, that people haven’t heard,” Page said, “because I’m working on that. Next year will be the fiftieth year so there’s all manner of surprises coming out.”

Page’s comments fit with what we already know about plans for Led Zeppelin’s fiftieth anniversary.

In September we reported that an executive from Led Zeppelin’s record label Warner Music Group wrote a letter in support of a planned statue of John Bonham in which he said that Warner Music is planning “a series of high-profile events” in 2018. He also said that the label plans to conduct “extensive outreach to media and fans worldwide” in conjunction with the events.

[ledzepnews.com]

Page Jimmy 2017 MasterEdit

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 19, 2017 16:29

The previously unreleased album will be called...

.."The Profit Remains the Same" grinning smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2017 16:42

Whatever happened to Page's solo album? Man the guy seems to have issues with fixating on Zep! What a waste of talent.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: December 19, 2017 17:02

whitem8
Whatever happened to Page's solo album? Man the guy seems to have issues with fixating on Zep! What a waste of talent.

He´s been talking about some new and exciting product now for many years, but I think he lives completely in the past.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 19, 2017 20:30

Svartmer
whitem8

He´s been talking about some new and exciting product now for many years, but I think he lives completely in the past.

It sounded promising back in 2015 (or was it '14?) when he said he was about to unleash a new solo album and then go out on a major tour. And then he got sidetracked with re-issues...the latest being the Yardbirds set.
You'd think he'd run out of reasons to procrastinate by now, but then the 50th anniversary will see him giving more interviews about the special magic and intricacies of Zep as a band 40 years ago. Not sure which will come first - any new music from Page or a new Stones album. Which has me thinking - Page could easily do a blues covers album w/guest singers...maybe even Plant singing on one or two!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 19, 2017 23:23

Sorry, it was never promising. The fact that Keith finally got a solo album out before Page should tell you all you need to know. Page is all talk, always has been talk, and will unfortunately continue to disappoint many fans of his for probably the rest of his life. I'd love it if he'd prove me wrong but he hasn't in 10 years and I don't see that changing as he ages.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 19, 2017 23:33

Worth listening to this recent Robert Plant interview
where he talks a little about a Zep reunion .....

Listen here >>>>>>>>>>>>>> [www.rrr.org.au]

ROCKMAN

Date: December 20, 2017 01:08

Cristiano Radtke
Jimmy Page said that previously unheard Led Zeppelin music

Like a new 1968 LZ recording? That's the word on the street... take it or leave it.

Date: December 20, 2017 01:50

RollingFreak
Sorry, it was never promising. The fact that Keith finally got a solo album out before Page should tell you all you need to know. Page is all talk, always has been talk, and will unfortunately continue to disappoint many fans of his for probably the rest of his life. I'd love it if he'd prove me wrong but he hasn't in 10 years and I don't see that changing as he ages.

You sound like he owes you money or something, and is avoiding paying you back the debt. confused smiley

After the legacy he created with Led Zeppelin, he could fall asleep for the rest of his life never having to do anything again - everything beyond Led Zeppelin is icing.
Yes it would be nice if he unburied his head out of the sand, but I don't hold it against him, and am definitely not disappointed. All I have to do is put on Physical Graffitti et al, not to mention the hundreds of boots available.
Hope he lives long and prospers at whatever he feels like doing with his time, and if that's baby sitting the Zeppelin legacy then so be it. And there's still the possibility that some day Page and Plant (and Jones) will work together. Whether it's called Led Zeppelin or not is beside the point- never say never.

dcba
Cristiano Radtke

Like a new 1968 LZ recording? That's the word on the street... take it or leave it.

Hmmm....is that it?
If so, I'm slightly disappointed...winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-20 02:01 by Hairball.

Date: December 20, 2017 04:14

Hairball
RollingFreak

You sound like he owes you money or something, and is avoiding paying you back the debt. confused smiley

After the legacy he created with Led Zeppelin, he could fall asleep for the rest of his life never having to do anything again - everything beyond Led Zeppelin is icing.
Yes it would be nice if he unburied his head out of the sand, but I don't hold it against him, and am definitely not disappointed. All I have to do is put on Physical Graffitti et al, not to mention the hundreds of boots available.
Hope he lives long and prospers at whatever he feels like doing with his time, and if that's baby sitting the Zeppelin legacy then so be it. And there's still the possibility that some day Page and Plant (and Jones) will work together. Whether it's called Led Zeppelin or not is beside the point- never say never.

dcba
Cristiano Radtke

Hmmm....is that it?
If so, I'm slightly disappointed...winking smiley

First I’ve heard of this...I’ve heard speculation that it is possibly a 1971/72 Japan tour recordings ...a How The East Was Won...and a Blue Ray release of the DVD from the early 2000’s. Also heard some rumblings about a full audio release of Earls Court compilation and maybe an audio release of the Royal Albert Hall show...

Possible Bath & Texas Pop Fesival footage...Filmore ‘69 footage...’77 Houston or Pontiac video...Seattle has been a well known dvd boot for decades.

The Zep message boards are all leaning more towards the Japanese ‘71release...time will tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-20 04:29 by rattler2004.

Date: December 26, 2017 21:05

God, if he's not gonna tour, then I wish he'd do like Master Classes where he just brings a guitar, has an audiences, and answers questions and plays some stuff if asked. That would be awesome to just be in a room with him. I'd kill for the tour thats never gonna happen as long as he's alive, but just seeing him pick up the guitar in this clip gives me chills. He's a legend that literally barricades himself away and never plays in public anymore. Say what you want about Keith Richards and his ancient looks and his diminishing quality, but at least he's still out there plucking a guitar:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 27, 2017 00:23

Meh, the problem I have with Page is he is such a perfectionist we will never get any live stuff he hasn't "fixed" in the studio somehow.

I will check out anything he decides to release but so far I would rather listen to the bootlegs.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 27, 2017 02:11

Heard today all three remaining members are collaborating on a 50th anniversary
book for issue in 2018.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 27, 2017 02:45

Jimmy Page came across some recordings he didn't quite remember....now he planned on putting the out as part of a 50 year anniversary package.....

.....until someone told him, "That's not you guys, it's Greta Van Fleet."

Date: December 27, 2017 03:18

swimtothemoon
Heard today all three remaining members are collaborating on a 50th anniversary
book for issue in 2018.

That's one small step for Led Zeppelin, one giant leap for Led Zeppelin fans. smiling smiley
Maybe there will be an audio spoken word version of the book (aka new Zeppelin recordings lol), followed by a book tour of the world! grinning smiley

Date: December 27, 2017 06:03

RollingFreak
God, if he's not gonna tour, then I wish he'd do like Master Classes where he just brings a guitar, has an audiences, and answers questions and plays some stuff if asked. That would be awesome to just be in a room with him. I'd kill for the tour thats never gonna happen as long as he's alive, but just seeing him pick up the guitar in this clip gives me chills. He's a legend that literally barricades himself away and never plays in public anymore. Say what you want about Keith Richards and his ancient looks and his diminishing quality, but at least he's still out there plucking a guitar:

[www.youtube.com]

Isn’t that the basic concept of ‘It Might Get Loud’

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 27, 2017 06:25

I hope it's something from early on. I feel blessed to have seen them warm up for The Who, if you can call lighting the world on fire "warming up." And The Who surely knew it.

It was '69, The Who were finally breaking HUGE HUGE because of Tommy; I had seen them in '68 and loved all their stuff but Big Time Huge happened after Tommy. There was a lonnggasss intermission but the crowd never calmed completely down.

Zep were young and hungry and Heavy into promoting that First LP, which is all I had heard from them at the point. By the time I saw The Song Remains The Same in the mid 70's; it was, to me at least, very much more bloated, as good as that footage is, and as lucky as we are to have it filmed so beautifully....so I hope he found some early Zep either studio or Live that he will put into this package.

They were so unbelievably wildly good that night. Every member of both of those bands left the stage absolutely and wildly dripping with sweat. Pete waiteds a longg time before bringing The Who on; and then when the lights came up you could see Pete clapping his own hands walking up to his microphone and screaming "LED ZEPPELIN!!!" into it; giving the crowd another chance for great wild release before The Who even started to play a note. Nobody really, 'aced' The Who; they were not diminished by any of the raging pristing greatness of early Zep; they were appreciating it and sharing it.

This release, for me, is good news; Robert's kept so active and creative; Jimmy is shepherding the flock of what must be hundreds of hours of recordings. John Paul always has this distinguished sense about him; I'm sure he's doing ok but don't know wattup w his music or producing...

Bonham was just astounding; it was like a heavy-weight prize-fight, him and them drums and he was hitting pretty hard.

Concerts were really just starting, (this was an outdoor show at Merriweather Post Pavillion outside of Washington D.C. in Virginia I think; right cross the Potomac, If it's Maryland I'm gonna be embarassed but that was long ago and the arena name is right I'm certain. I could find the date if anyone's interested enough. It was historic to ME anyway.

I'd seen The Who before and would see them several times again; this was my one and Only Led Zep show ever; and as I was saying; it was just about them days that sound rigs could get flown and targetted right and be powered up enough to get you great individually miked instruments and vocals super loud and clear and completely, almost exhaustingly brillinatly loud...

...I think that's part of why The Stones broke again anew which such Live astonishing strength in '69. The endless and oft near-hysterical shrieking by younger fans, And: over lower-powered Stage Amplification Speaker boxes and such, as it existed up to that point, was changing; People could get a real good clear honestly explosively Loud rock and roll thang and be LISTENING; and tracking the peferformances line by line; really being together with the bands and each other in such an atmosphere.

It was a new kind of thing; not that concerts and amphitheatres haven't been active and exciting for hundreds of years but this was rocket technology heavy monster floating P.A.s and things were not gonna be the same ever again.

Come '81 Stones tour; tho they had played a stadium july 4th, 72 and probably some others; and the Beatles had done Shea; but that was not really that audible a musical concert exerience in technological comparison.

Welll part of that great concert movie was the hugeness of those stadiums and those aerial shots; and some great Stones rock and roll of course.
I saw the Stones indoors only twice the times I've seen live shows.
One of those clearly the best rock concert I've ever been to, or hope to get close to, ever, to this day.

I thought Zep did quite well for themselves with Ahmet's Tribute.
Bonham's kid carried the torch. For sure!

But I do really hope some very early live or studio surprises are part of Jimmy's plans with this.
I also, as far as orginality goes, absolutely no slam intended cause I love Jimmy's whole career and vibe; but I think he was VERY very listening to ex-band-mate Jeff Beck's two solo LP's when formulating and conceiving something as heavy as Zep.

imo no jeff beck solo with "Truth" and "Beck Ola?"
no led zep
as we've come to know and love them.
Here's to Zep's fiftieth and Robert having so much soul and refined natural class!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 06:38 by hopkins.

Date: December 27, 2017 08:40

hopkins
But I do really hope some very early live or studio surprises are part of Jimmy's plans with this.

Here's to Zep's fiftieth and Robert having so much soul and refined natural class!

I truly hope so, although I think studio wise we've seen all we'll get. Hopefully not, but these reissues were that time, and by the looks of it they truly scraped the bottom of the barrel with it. If there's stuff thats out there that wasn't included, I'd just be very shocked, cause there was already very little "new" studio material included. That would have been a selling point. I have to assume its just not there, hopefully I'm wrong. I feel similar about live stuff. Its obviously there, but why not milk this moment. Instead we only got ONE live release when I thought every era could have gotten one. Those are there, and maybe they come out, but Page seems to be very guarded about that stuff so I'll hope for the best but expect nothing.

As for Robert, I totally agree. Can't praise him enough.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 27, 2017 13:35

I love Led Zeppelin and wish for live audio/video releases and I will buy anything Jimmy Page decides to put out ,so hoping for a big 50th release .

Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: December 27, 2017 23:59

I really hope that Earls Court '75 and Knebworth '79 are released in full. I'd even like pro-shot official releases of Page and Plant concerts, or any professional audio and video from the five Coverdale/Page concerts. Most of all, I'm looking forward to the book, since it's the closest any of the individual surviving members will come to an autobiography (not counting the Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page photo book, of course.)

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 10, 2018 04:25

Robert Plant Sings Led Zeppelin Classics On New Live Concert DVD

Wasn't sure if I should post this news in a current "Robert Plant" OT thread,
(which I just did)
or here on the 'main' "Zep" IORR thread...
...just to be sho, I'll drop the mention here as well:
(excuse me if this has been already covered somewhere here)

Among the eight tracks included on the release are four Led Zeppelin tracks:
“Black Dog,” “Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You,” “Black Dog” and “Going to California.”
See the full tracklist below.

1. Poor Howard
2. Turn It Up
3. Black Dog
4. Medley: The Enchanter / Rainbow
5. Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You
6. Little Maggie
7. Medley: Hoochie Coochie Man / Whole Lotta Love / Mona
8. Going To California

[news.radio.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 10, 2018 13:15

Nice , sounds like this could be an interesting release .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home