Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie Wood - I Want You To Hear This
Posted by: gwen ()
Date: October 6, 2011 23:02

Anyone knows something about it?

[www.ifeellikeplaying.com]

Re: Ronnie Wood - I Want You To Hear This
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 7, 2011 00:16

Maybe something with the Ronnie Wood show cd ???

[www.cduniverse.com]

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 20, 2011 21:19

Posted by: ronkort ()
Date: October 20, 2011 21:25

I heard it is Ronnie his solo show on CD + Ronnie Art work limited edition.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 20, 2011 22:15

Matt can answer this, I think.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 20, 2011 22:58

I feel like hearing.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 28, 2011 01:09

TooTough, You will very soon....

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 4, 2011 17:34

From Ronnie's Twitter

We're producing a new Ronnie Wood box set.
Hear a bit of it on Ronnie's show on Absolute Classic Rock tonight at 8pm.

Following on from 'Ronnie Wood: I Feel Like Playing: Live at the Ambassadors' (concert and vinyl box set) we have been working on a new project with Ronnie. This is a box set, which includes:
• A signed & numbered Ronnie Wood art print.
• Gold CD with 5 tracks, including a brand new track (more details below), a track from 'Boogie For Stu: Live at the Ambassadors', and three alternative versions of Ronnie's songs.
• Unseen photographs and bonus material.
It is a limited edition of 750.
The new track 'Playin' On My Mind' is the first raw recording of his new work, and features Kelly Jones on vocals. Ronnie will be playing a little bit of it on his radio show tonight at 8pm on DAB station Absolute Classic Rock. It's repeated tomorrow (Saturday) on Absolute Radio at 10pm 105.8FM.
The box set will be available via this website next week, we will send you an email to let you know when it's ready to order. We're really pleased we can let you know about this first!
Thank you for all your support.
Best wishes,
Sally, Michael and Matt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-04 19:28 by Lien.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 4, 2011 19:36

Come on.Ronnie...put something out that us common people can afford...

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: November 4, 2011 21:47

very cool. Again............Ronnie is the only Stone moving forward with rock and roll.

My thanks to you!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 5, 2011 13:23

scottkeef
Come on.Ronnie...put something out that us common people can afford...

Yeah. Or change the title to I Want You To Hear This, But Only If You Can Spare £150.

I guess somebody has done the sums and worked out that 750 gold-plated copies for collectors and obsessives, at whatever the price turns out to be, will make up for however many ordinary people decide they can't afford it. It's sort of the recorded equivalent of those flashy front-seat packages for Stones live shows.

I suppose this is the future if ordinary CDs are going to go out of business - either you fork out for a posh box set, or it will be assumed that if you just want the music without all the fancy trimmings, you'll be downloading it. In the case of Ronnie's set, I don't think there is likely to be a legal download, so I have three choices: be poor, be dishonest, or never Hear This.

Never mind. The Ambassadors show itself was worth every penny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-05 13:24 by Green Lady.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 5, 2011 13:30

.... actually I prefer chicks with very little make-up ... well ah lil' heavy stuff around the eyes

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 5, 2011 13:51

I will be one of the 750 owners

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 5, 2011 14:10

Yeah, I agree, I will be getting this for sure. The Live set that came out earlier is fantastic. Very well made, and excellent value for what you got. This sounds very nice.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 5, 2011 15:45

mattleeuk
TooTough, You will very soon....

Waiting for order, good friend. Sally said me very good infos about the box and I am anxious to receive it.

Cheers and have a good weekend.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 5, 2011 18:27

Harm
And so will I....the Ambassadors box set is fantastic and this will be another great set, well done Matt !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: rollingknokke ()
Date: November 5, 2011 19:34

We must be happy that Sally,Michael and Matt were producing a new box for us.
You never know that they made a new gig with Ronnie so that we can go back to the "AMBASSADOR's and go all together to the afterparty in "The Evy"
So still wating for next week.

Date: November 5, 2011 21:24

Harm
at least I hope so

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 5, 2011 21:35

The previous one was great but I buy this stuff for the music, so if this only contains five tracks... Well.. then I'll think twice about.
From Ronnie we had great material the last few years: the 1974 show, the New Barbarians show, the vinyl Box, and mostly his greatest CD since his first: "I feel like playing".
I hope he keeps up the good work with this one. 5 songs seems a bit meager.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 5, 2011 21:39

Ronnie should had titled it "I Want You To Buy This"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-05 21:42 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 5, 2011 22:02

Wot? £150? For 5 tracks? One new one not even sung by Ronnie? That's CASH FOR TRASH!

Date: November 5, 2011 22:10

alimente
Wot? £150? For 5 tracks? One new one not even sung by Ronnie? That's CASH FOR TRASH!

What about the signed stuff?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 5, 2011 22:23

Harm
alimente

If you consider Ronnie Wood to be a treasured.....painter or artist.....and that he's a value for the the art in this century....then I guess one can say the price is allright. For those of us who don't value him as a painter at all, but merely as a guitarplayer....at best - then the price is absurd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-05 22:32 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 6, 2011 00:41

Erik_Snow
Harm
alimente

If you consider Ronnie Wood to be a treasured.....painter or artist.....and that he's a value for the the art in this century....then I guess one can say the price is allright. For those of us who don't value him as a painter at all, but merely as a guitarplayer....at best - then the price is absurd.

Amen to that, Erik. Amen.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: November 6, 2011 01:00

Erik_Snow
Harm
alimente

If this is about his accomplishments as a painter then it should have been called "I want you to see this". Why not make this available at a more reasonable price for us poor fans?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 6, 2011 01:22

Britney
Erik_Snow
Harm
alimente

If this is about his accomplishments as a painter then it should have been called "I want you to see this". Why not make this available at a more reasonable price for us poor fans?

Ronnie, make the music available for a reasonable price and you'll probably make a few quid! Personally, I can easily afford this but I have no interest in Ronnie's art or the "collectible" aspect so I'll pass. It's like he's saying "Pirate me!" Just my humble opinion but I so hope that those who do buy this enjoy it.

Date: November 6, 2011 02:06

bleedingman
Britney
Erik_Snow
Harm
alimente

Ronnie, make the music available for a reasonable price and you'll probably make a few quid! Personally, I can easily afford this but I have no interest in Ronnie's art or the "collectible" aspect so I'll pass. It's like he's saying "Pirate me!" Just my humble opinion but I so hope that those who do buy this enjoy it.

I could afford this too but I can't take this shameless money-grabbing anymore.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 6, 2011 02:27

As a very limited set with a signed art print it is worth more than £150 IMHO. However this project isn't being done by a profit driven organisation but by a collective of people who love Ronnie and his work and want to produce quality products.

I trust many will agree that the Ambassadors boxed set is fantastic. It would also be hard to dispute its value as the few that have come up for sale since it sold out have fetched more than the original £100 price tag.

I'm afraid it won't be quite so easy to spend time complaining when the actual price of the new "I want you to hear this" set is revealed because just like the Ambassadors set it will be based on production cost not value. The final price hasn't been finally calculated but I can tell you it will be significantly less than the Ambassadors boxed set and therefore a fraction of the figure rumoured above.

I hope those that choose to buy it will enjoy and treasure it.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 6, 2011 02:33

Good job Matt! I agree, when I read about it, as a collector (or collector wanna be) it sounds very cool. When the dust settles and the real price is released I bet it will be awesome. You rock! Thanks Matt!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 6, 2011 02:36

mattleeuk
As a very limited set with a signed art print it is worth more than £150 IMHO. However this project isn't being done by a profit driven organisation but by a collective of people who love Ronnie and his work and want to produce quality products.

I trust many will agree that the Ambassadors boxed set is fantastic. It would also be hard to dispute its value as the few that have come up for sale since it sold out have fetched more than the original £100 price tag.

I'm afraid it won't be quite so easy to spend time complaining when the actual price of the new "I want you to hear this" set is revealed because just like the Ambassadors set it will be based on production cost not value. The final price hasn't been finally calculated but I can tell you it will be significantly less than the Ambassadors boxed set and therefore a fraction of the figure rumoured above.

I hope those that choose to buy it will enjoy and treasure it.

Again - The collectible aspect is all well and good, but why not make Ronnie's MUSIC available at an affordable, reasonable price?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home