Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe “Exile on Bourbon Street” concert in New Orleans - May 5
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 16, 2017 22:47

Karl Denson To Lead “Exile On Bourbon Street” Jazz Fest After Show

Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe will team up with North Mississippi Allstars guitarist Luther Dickinson, Dumpstaphunk frontman Ivan Neville and more for a special “Exile on Bourbon Street” concert at the Orpheum Theater. The Jazz Fest after show is slated to take place on Friday, May 5.

Considering how the event is billed, it’s safe to assume that the music of the Rolling Stones will be incorporated into the show. If anyone is qualified to do that it’s Karl Denson, who became the Rolling Stones’ touring saxophonist in 2014 after Bobby Keys passed away. Additionally, Ivan Neville contributed his keyboard chops to two Rolling Stones albums (1986’s Dirty Work and 1994’s Voodoo Lounge) and was a member of Keith Richards’ solo band, the X-Pensive Winos, during the late 1980s and early 1990s.

The Exile on Bourbon Street show will also feature an opening set from indie rockers White Denim, who are known for their jam heavy live shows.

Tickets for Exile on Bourbon Street will go on sale to the general public at 10am on Friday, February 17.

Re: Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe “Exile on Bourbon Street” concert in New Orleans - May 5
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 16, 2017 23:33

If I was the gettin' out for a stellar show kind,
I'd be doing this. And walking around New Orleans in the Spring too.

Re: Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe “Exile on Bourbon Street” concert in New Orleans - May 5
Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 17, 2017 06:02

Just when I was thinking that the evening entertainment during second weekend seemed a bit light...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 17, 2017 09:59

Quite apart from the Stones aspect, and White Denim, this event will be worth it just for Luther Dickinson, who is an awesome guitarist. My first impulse was to make a note to grab a ticket, my second impulse was to remember hotel rates in NOLA during Jazz Fest. sad smiley

Edit: Thanks to Cristiano for the heads up! Going to ponder this one . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-17 10:15 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 17, 2017 16:30

Aquamarine
Quite apart from the Stones aspect, and White Denim, this event will be worth it just for Luther Dickinson, who is an awesome guitarist. My first impulse was to make a note to grab a ticket, my second impulse was to remember hotel rates in NOLA during Jazz Fest. sad smiley

Edit: Thanks to Cristiano for the heads up! Going to ponder this one . . .

I was interested when I saw the thread title and the poster... They HAD me when I saw Luther's name on the bill... I'm going to be pondering with Aquamarine... As many good musicians as there are, there are very few who I would term "special"... Luther's on my list of "special" musicians.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: February 17, 2017 23:54

I'm proud to say that my band, the Amazing Mongooses, performed at the same festival with Karl Denson's Tiny Universe: Roosterwalk 6, in Virginia!

And, here is our set!

[www.youtube.com]

Cheers.... smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home