Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28
OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: chop ()
Date: August 23, 2015 07:03

Some potentially exciting news. Could a reunion tour be in the cards? Would be nice if Axl could drop the pounds.

[www.blabbermouth.net]

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-31 19:30 by bv.

Re: Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 07:52

It will be interesting to see if anything "bigger" comes of this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-23 08:59 by everwest1.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 23, 2015 09:06

Meh, Duff and Izzy are the real soul of Guns n' Roses. Axl is a tool, and Slash is overrated.

Izzy's Juju Hounds records kick serious ass, and sound like vintage Exile era Stones.

Duff got his act straight and has penned some of the best autobiographical writing by a Rock & Roller. Tomorrow night, he joins Mike McCready, Mark Arm and Barrett Martin to perform The Stooges LP Raw Power in its entirety from the roof of Seattle's Pike Place Market, for free. How cool is that? I'd rather see that group tour than a G n' R cash grab.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 23, 2015 10:13

Javadave
Meh, Duff and Izzy are the real soul of Guns n' Roses. Axl is a tool, and Slash is overrated.

Izzy's Juju Hounds records kick serious ass, and sound like vintage Exile era Stones.

Duff got his act straight and has penned some of the best autobiographical writing by a Rock & Roller. Tomorrow night, he joins Mike McCready, Mark Arm and Barrett Martin to perform The Stooges LP Raw Power in its entirety from the roof of Seattle's Pike Place Market, for free. How cool is that? I'd rather see that group tour than a G n' R cash grab.

Couple of nice points, here;

I agree 100% about Izzy being (an essential part of) the soul of G n' R, his record(-s) with the JuJu Hounds being excellent, Duff being a straight 'class-A' rock'n'roll act '(and that "Raw Power" show being something really exciting to look forward too), and a renuited Gn' R tour) being a cash grab.

I haven't read Duff's auto; you made me curious.
And I don't think Slash is overrated... smoking smiley

And I don't know how you feel about it, but I think that Axl thingie is the most overrated creature walking on planet Earth.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: August 23, 2015 10:20

Gnr were a perfect cocktail. Stop. Axl is the perfect singer for the band and also the other original members are perfect For their roles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-23 10:22 by pepganzo.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 23, 2015 10:26

20 years too late. People are more interested in Taylor Swift's various feuds.

Not to forget Steven Adler either, the not-so-secret weapon behind Appetite. Both his book and Slash's were better than Duff's, who is a great guy and underutilized singer.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 23, 2015 10:47

DeanGoodman

Not to forget Steven Adler either, the not-so-secret weapon behind Appetite. Both his book and Slash's were better than Duff's, who is a great guy and underutilized singer.

Well yeah but it took Izzy and Duff to turn him the perfect rock drummer. When he joined G&R he had a "Neil Pearl" drum kit : 72 cymbals, two bass drums, the lot!

The two guys hid (and sold to buy some "goodies"?) the superfluous pieces of rcok hardware until Adler was left with a stripped down kit à la Charlie Watts.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 23, 2015 12:44

DeanGoodman

Slash's book was terrible, and I love Slash to death. But his book read like a junkie diary that actually shows how great Duff's books really are. I get that thats Slash's live, but it just translates into a very boring account from one of my favorite guitarists ever. And again, I say this fully supporting everything he's done since GNR. I see his solo band everytime they are in town and I think they are the best live band out there for my money these days. But his book sucked.

As for the news... well... I just hope its true. Nothing else more to hope for or get excited about yet. Whether it leads to a reunion or not, this is the best position Slash and Axl have ever been in since the split. If nothing else, its at least entertaining.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 23, 2015 13:06

They'll need Izzy if they want to make decent music.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: August 23, 2015 13:16

The tax bill's come then..

Re: OT: Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 23, 2015 16:03

The only one who shold write a book is Izzy. He's the only one who truly faced the underbelly of L.A. (with Duff a distant 2nd).
Axl and Slash were basically posing.

I'd really like to read the bit where he sold H to some Aerosmith guys... only to open for them with G&R a few years later (1988)! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2015 19:54

dcba

I'd really like to read the bit where he sold H to some Aerosmith guys... only to open for them with G&R a few years later (1988)! >grinning smiley<

I saw one of those shows with a friend (a huge Aerosmith fan) at the Pacific Ampitheater in Southern California.
G&R were far better, even my friend the diehard Aerosmith fan agreed.

Saw them just a year or so later open for the Stones, and it seemed already over for them - they were too far gone.

Hope they start arguing again...cool smiley...as DeanGoodman said it's "20 years too late".

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: August 23, 2015 20:21

A reunion would be great from a musical point of view. The new/last line up of GN'R was just a cover band. The problem of Mr Rose is he did not promote a full new musical project in all its integrity. He wanted to change GNR soubd but CD is a normal guitar album that sounds more like a GNR album than a NIN one.The other problem is that he had not got a new and permanent band. Too many changes and too many guitarists all good but Be a band is another thing.

Date: August 23, 2015 21:01

vertigojoe

or the bill from Mr. Slash's divorce lawyer.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 23, 2015 21:07

DeanGoodman
vertigojoe

or the bill from Mr. Slash's divorce lawyer.

Fantastic news. They were both shit on their own
I respect Guns for putting a stop to all the terrible music that came from the 80's
They brought back Rock to a new generation
I loved their story of excess, and they love their Rolling Stones too.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 23, 2015 21:09

RoughJusticeOnYa
Javadave

Couple of nice points, here;

I agree 100% about Izzy being (an essential part of) the soul of G n' R, his record(-s) with the JuJu Hounds being excellent, Duff being a straight 'class-A' rock'n'roll act '(and that "Raw Power" show being something really exciting to look forward too), and a renuited Gn' R tour) being a cash grab.

I haven't read Duff's auto; you made me curious.
And I don't think Slash is overrated... smoking smiley

And I don't know how you feel about it, but I think that Axl thingie is the most overrated creature walking on planet Earth.

What he said ^^. thumbs up

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: August 23, 2015 21:16

meh

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: August 23, 2015 22:57

If Guns 'N Roses reunite with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy & Steven. I can imagine to go to their show. I saw GNR in one of the last shows of the Use Your Illusion World Tour in 1993, they were really great.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2015 23:04

RollingFreak
DeanGoodman

Slash's book was terrible, and I love Slash to death. But his book read like a junkie diary that actually shows how great Duff's books really are. I get that thats Slash's live, but it just translates into a very boring account from one of my favorite guitarists ever. And again, I say this fully supporting everything he's done since GNR. I see his solo band everytime they are in town and I think they are the best live band out there for my money these days. But his book sucked.

Worse or better than Ronnie's?

Date: August 23, 2015 23:05

chop
Some potentially exciting news. Could a reunion tour be in the cards?

Ha ha! Funniest thing I've read all year!

HELL NO. Ain't gonna happen. Nothing in that article with Slash from Slash suggests it.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: August 23, 2015 23:20

Let's not get carried away yet but they are at least talking and Axl's tribute band just lost two of it's guitar players so if it is going to happen it needs to happen soon.

Before they could reunite Axle would have to agree to treat the others as equals so I think it depends on Axl.

I love Izzy but let not get crazy his solo albums can't come close to what he did in Guns.

None of their solo stuff is as good as what they created together IMHO. The sum was greater than the individual parts.

As far as books are concerned I found Duff's book to be a bore but love Slash's

Would love to see Izzy write a book but can't see him doing it as he shuns the spotlight.

I saw the original band twice in 87in the L'Amour and the Ritz and again opening for Aerosmith twice in in 88. The 87 shows were fantastic but when they opened for Aerosmith Axl's voice was shot so the shows where not great.

It would be great for fans if they could reunite but they may be disappointed as Axl has really struggled with his vocals and could be the weak link.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-24 05:16 by oldschool.

Date: August 24, 2015 00:34

GasLightStreet
RollingFreak
DeanGoodman

Ronnie's, as I recall, was one self-inflicted disaster after another. Which pretty much sums up GnR. It's a pity Ronnie and Izzy didn't form their own little Wilburys-type supergroup.

As for the Slash vs. Duff memoir debate, each to their own, I guess. I'm a sucker for depravity. Duff probably self-censored since he has 2 daughters who will read it some day. I was also disappointed that the paperback edition didn't include an update related to his brief stint in Jane's Addiction.

Date: August 24, 2015 00:40

izzy and duff have played with axl recently so just time to add slash to the mix

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2015 01:14

wake me when it's over .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 24, 2015 01:46

DeanGoodman
GasLightStreet
RollingFreak
DeanGoodman

Ronnie's, as I recall, was one self-inflicted disaster after another. Which pretty much sums up GnR. It's a pity Ronnie and Izzy didn't form their own little Wilburys-type supergroup.

As for the Slash vs. Duff memoir debate, each to their own, I guess. I'm a sucker for depravity. Duff probably self-censored since he has 2 daughters who will read it some day. I was also disappointed that the paperback edition didn't include an update related to his brief stint in Jane's Addiction.

Ronnie's book was an in-depth look of his fictitious mind! It's a good read for the head though - makes ya laugh, get cleaned out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-24 01:46 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: August 24, 2015 01:46

I would definitely go see a tour with the original line-up.

I was a really big GnR fan early on and through the very early stages of the Use Your Illusion tour. I thought the evolution (or de-evolution) of the band through that tour was sad, with the constant additon of back-up musicians.

Date: August 24, 2015 02:07

I can just imagine concert promoters and ticket sellers are salivating over a tour like this. I am guessing promoters are lining up right now ready to offer Axl and Slash hundreds of Millions of Dollars to put up with each other on tour and rake in MEGAmoney.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 24, 2015 03:58

HYPE HYPE HYPE. Come see the ORIGINAL Guns and Roses! Pay Stones prices for tickets! Of course they weren't together long enough to justify enough quality studio material to fill out a setlist. Let's see, the Police got together again after 20 years, for the dough. How satisfying were those concerts? (It's a rhetorical question. They sucked).

Date: August 24, 2015 05:02

24FPS
HYPE HYPE HYPE. Come see the ORIGINAL Guns and Roses! Pay Stones prices for tickets! Of course they weren't together long enough to justify enough quality studio material to fill out a setlist. Let's see, the Police got together again after 20 years, for the dough. How satisfying were those concerts? (It's a rhetorical question. They sucked).
you forgot the get off of my lawn part.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: August 24, 2015 05:03

They have more than enough material to put on a 2hour show as the UYI albums are both double albums so they have over three hours of original material. I saw them twice on the UYI tour and they played for over 2 hours when Axl finally got his arse on stage.

I would also expect them to possibly play some solo stuff as well so they have no problems giving fans a 2+ hour show.

IMHO the real issue is Axl's vocals because if you have followed recent NuGuns tours he has really struggled singing.

And I took my wife to see the Police at Fenway Park, as she is a big Sting fan, and they actually put on a good show IMHO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-24 05:18 by oldschool.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home