Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Jones
Posted by: neptune ()
Date: September 29, 2011 03:57

Phil Good
First, I can't judge by the pic if it's Brian or not.
What I do know is that, regarding photos, the light sometimes really fools you.

I agree about light in photos fooling you. The angle of the light and depth probably makes the nose look a little more 'pointed' than it is. I think that's Brian and the photo was probably taken in January or February of 1966 before he chopped off a lot of his hair for the Ed Sullivan appearances later that year. Brian was known to hang out a lot in NYC around that time, as well as hanging out with Warhol and his entourage. If the guy looks like Brian, then it probably was Brian.

Date: September 29, 2011 04:01

Also, it's a known fact the Stones were in Los Angeles from December of 1965 to March, 1966 recording Aftermath. Brian probably took some trips to NYC during that time, as was his habit whenever he was in America for an extended period.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 29, 2011 04:41

I have a friend who worked with Andy at the Factory and saw or heard from him everyday from 1965ish- 1970. She is a Stones fan I phoned her yesterday and asked her what she knew. Her impression was that BJ and AW knew each other only in a surface way.

One of you might like to call or email the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, Andy's home town. Ask for the curator's assistant and see what they may be able to tell you on anything to do with Brian. Fine people there; they run a tight ship.

Date: September 29, 2011 05:29

stonesrule
I have a friend who worked with Andy at the Factory and saw or heard from him everyday from 1965ish- 1970. She is a Stones fan I phoned her yesterday and asked her what she knew. Her impression was that BJ and AW knew each other only in a surface way.

Well, the OFFICIAL title of this photograph is 'Andy Warhol with Brian Jones'. I have seen this photo many times through the years and it always has had that title. The photographer claims it was Brian Jones. He was there. Why are so many people here disputing what the man saw with his own eyes?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-29 05:34 by neptune.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:17

It s because of the strong studio light, it makes Brians(?) nose look weird. However, at second glance it does look like Brian, but were not talking about high resolution here.

Date: September 29, 2011 10:18

stonesrule

Yeah but wasnt that how people "knew" Andy? And Brian btw.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 29, 2011 12:09

neptune
stonesrule

Well, the OFFICIAL title of this photograph is 'Andy Warhol with Brian Jones'. I have seen this photo many times through the years and it always has had that title. The photographer claims it was Brian Jones. He was there. Why are so many people here disputing what the man saw with his own eyes?

Because he may have been mistaken even at the time. Did he actually meet Brian, or just see him from a distance & assume it was Brian?

Date: September 30, 2011 03:46

Sleepy City
neptune

Because he may have been mistaken even at the time. Did he actually meet Brian, or just see him from a distance & assume it was Brian?

Are you kidding me? Brian Jones was a famous rock star in 1965/1966 and the photographer certainly would not have mistaken him for someone else. Yeah, perhaps there were some Brian look-alikes in 1966, but if you saw the one and only Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones at a party, you would know for sure. There would be no mistaking that. Everyone at the party would be talking about him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-30 03:50 by neptune.

Date: September 30, 2011 10:11

neptune
Sleepy City
neptune

Are you kidding me? Brian Jones was a famous rock star in 1965/1966 and the photographer certainly would not have mistaken him for someone else. Yeah, perhaps there were some Brian look-alikes in 1966, but if you saw the one and only Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones at a party, you would know for sure. There would be no mistaking that. Everyone at the party would be talking about him.

Maybe he's just a liar then. I'm 100% sure that the photo is not Brian.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 12, 2011 09:20

Date: October 12, 2011 11:11

Glam, Brian was there but is it him in that pic. Maybe it is then. Could be the light.

Date: October 12, 2011 12:00

It's not him.

Posted by: zapata ()
Date: October 12, 2011 21:49

This is definitely not Brian Jones

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 12, 2011 22:22

as someone mentioned earlier there were many many brian wannabes around that time.

people forget what a huge star he was during that time period.his image has taken such a beating over the years from his "friends" recollections of him that you would think he was this lost soul who just stood around and had his picture taken because happened to be in the stones.

we'll just pretend he didn't start the f/cking band and play about 9 different instruments that apppear all over the songs from that era.

brian was bad ass-my favorite picture of him is the one where he's walking backstage with hendrix at monterey.

the kid in the picture above has the look down,hair,overcoat etc but he's not brian.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: October 17, 2011 07:54

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 18, 2011 06:37

>as someone mentioned earlier there were many many brian wannabes around that time.

And so many attended exclusive openings with Andy Warhol, the manager of the band Brian's girlfriend was performing with at the time.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: October 18, 2011 07:31

That is obviously not Brian Jones. Look closely at his left coat sleeve and you'll see why. See what I'm talking about? No hand. Brian had two hands--It would be pretty hard to play all those crazy instruments that he messed around with otherwise.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 18, 2011 07:34

....wax dummy ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 3, 2011 06:59

Carnaby

Legit or not?

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: December 3, 2011 07:44

I vote for this one for the IORR home page photo. Sure, it's not such a flattering picture of Brian (it's probably not even him), but it does meet BV's criteria for being relatively recent. I can tell by the iSee device held by the man on the right. Definitely post 2007.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home