Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

_The_ definitive picture of the Rolling Stones
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 10, 2016 14:18

So what is your picture that captures the true essence of the Rolling Stones?

For me, it is the picture of them relaxing outside at Steven Stills' house in 1969. The one where the blonde girl walked up and Mick Jagger said, "Take off your clothes and get in the picture then," and Keith is reclining on a chopper motorcycle. I apologize it is somewhere on my computer but it would take me forever to find it. Perhaps someone could be so kind as to post it.

It captures them in their youth, and there is a "modern" bad-boy aspect to the picture with the naked girl facing away from the camera and all that. They are at the height of their creativity and coolness and popularity. And this is the rebirth "new" Stones with Mick Taylor at the start of a new era.

For me that picture says it all, and embodies everything that so many of us love about the Rolling Stones. I grin just thinking about it.

Re: _The_ definitive picture of the Rolling Stones
Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: December 10, 2016 16:06

This one: [gottahaverockandroll.com]
1986 Dirty Work promo poster.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: December 10, 2016 16:09

MileHigh

For me, it is the picture of them relaxing outside at Steven Stills' house in 1969. The one where the blonde girl walked up and Mick Jagger said, "Take off your clothes and get in the picture then," and Keith is reclining on a chopper motorcycle. I apologize it is somewhere on my computer but it would take me forever to find it. Perhaps someone could be so kind as to post it.

It captures them in their youth, and there is a "modern" bad-boy aspect to the picture with the naked girl facing away from the camera and all that. They are at the height of their creativity and coolness and popularity. And this is the rebirth "new" Stones with Mick Taylor at the start of a new era.

For me that picture says it all, and embodies everything that so many of us love about the Rolling Stones. I grin just thinking about it.

This one? [s197.photobucket.com]
New to me, not bad ;-)

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: December 10, 2016 16:35

Date: December 10, 2016 16:42

A definitive picture must include their leader!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 10, 2016 17:14

2000 LYFH
[i1256.photobucket.com]

what are you talking about, mick was in every shot?!

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: December 10, 2016 17:39

To me the cover pic of their first LP is one of the best, probably
the best photo of the Stones ever.
It's a classic.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 10, 2016 18:42

Hahaha. Look at Bill and Charlie checking her out...Keith too, then he gets too bored for more pics..classic

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: December 10, 2016 18:50

treaclefingers

[i1256.photobucket.com]

what are you talking about, mick was in every shot?!

eye popping smileyWhat, he didn't join yet!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 10, 2016 19:53

MrEcho

This one? [s197.photobucket.com]
New to me, not bad ;-)

Yes that is the definitive picture! Note that 2000 LYFH posted a very similar picture that was taken a few moments after this one. Your picture has Mick Jagger giving the side-eye, that's the one!

It's very interesting how a bunch of other pictures from the session were also posted, I saw them here for the first time a few years ago.

Thanks everyone for posting pictures.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 10, 2016 20:27

2000 LYFH
[i1256.photobucket.com]

May 21, 1969. Some 40 days later the leader was dead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2139
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home